Author Topic: Report: Celtics have interest in Bogut; favorite to land him when on market  (Read 6483 times)

Re: Report: Celtics have interest in Bogut; favorite to land him when on market
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2016, 06:32:47 PM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Can't we just trade almost nothing for varejão? He can offer the team 10 minutes of intensity for the veteran min and would cost nothing
But, it's a 48-minute game.  ;)  Honestly though, we don't need another big on the far backside of his career.  Varejao is a flopper and I dislike him.  Not sure Bogut helps that much either and he's fragile.

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2016, 06:42:01 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
I'm scared of his injury history especially since he just got hurt yet again this week, but Bogut would help out a lot.

Frankly at this point though, I'm starting to warm up to the idea of getting Dwight Howard/Hassan Whiteside. Love em or hate em, they'd help on both sides of the ball while Bogut would only help out on defense. Our offense is fine but there's no foul in getting someone who can make it better.

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2016, 06:52:04 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
I am amazed that Bogut is still in one piece...

... oh, wait, he isn't! The dude hasn't played 70 games since 2007-2008. Stay away.

He played 70 games in the 2016 season alone.

That's including the playoffs, however.  In the seven regular seasons before this one, he's played 65 to 69 games five times, 32 games and 12 games.  He's not getting more durable with age, so Bogut is a guy who is going to miss at least a decent chunk of time due to injury.  But a healthy Bogut teamed with Al would dramatically improve this team.

Mike

No, it isn't.  He played 70 regular season games and 22 playoff games last year, for a total of 92.
I'm bitter.

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2016, 06:59:42 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

... oh, wait, he isn't! The dude hasn't played 70 games since 2007-2008. Stay away.

That's including the playoffs, however.  In the seven regular seasons before this one, he's played 65 to 69 games five times, 32 games and 12 games.  He's not getting more durable with age, so Bogut is a guy who is going to miss at least a decent chunk of time due to injury.  But a healthy Bogut teamed with Al would dramatically improve this team.

Mike

No, it isn't.  He played 70 regular season games and 22 playoff games last year, for a total of 92.
lol this isnt hard to fact check.
http://www.espn.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/2747/andrew-bogut

Hes played 70, 67 and 67 in his last 3 seasons. None including playoffs.

In 2014 he missed the entire playoffs. In 2015 he played 19 of 21 playoff games and in 2016 he played 22 of 24 playoff games.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2016, 07:08:50 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
Would love this trade if it only costs a few 2nds

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2016, 07:41:52 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Why wouldn't you put Smart on Derozan and Bradley on IT for better size matches? I think they'd defend those players' games much better overall, too.

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2016, 07:42:50 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Wrong thread.

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2016, 08:36:46 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
As long as he comes uber cheap, I'm a fan. Dude makes a difference defensively, can rebound, and sets hard (albeit, illegal) screens. Plus he's a talented passer for a big man which is in line with CBS playstyle.
- LilRip

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2016, 08:43:14 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

Mike

Whoops!  I was looking at games started.  But in the last 9 years, he's played 70 games once. So, Bogut regularly misses well over 10% of every season for injuries.  He's also played 36 games or less 3 of those 9 seasons.

Contrast that with Al Horford.  In his 9 year career, he had two seasons of 29 games or less.  The rest are 81, 67, 81, 77, 74, 76 and 82.

The numbers don't lie.  Bogut is a legitimate risk who ALWAYS misses a bunch of games for minor injuries and had three season ending injuries out of the last nine.

Mike

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2016, 09:05:01 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
Did I read his stats right?  He is scoring 3.8 pts/gm in 25 minutes (I know, that is 5.5 per36).  And 27% ft%.  Yikes.  And all that for $11M.  I understand he is getting 10 reb/gm but this is still overall pretty weak.  I am not that excited about Bogut.

« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2016, 09:08:04 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I don't think there's anything super strategic about the C's interest here. It is par for the course for DA to kick the tires on anyone that might be available.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2016, 09:18:15 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I think he'd be a good fit with us, but the guy is simply made of glass.
He is a walking injury.

Would I trade Amir+2 secound round picks? Sure. Perhaps something like Amir+James Young+2nd round pick.

Just too injury prone for me.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2016, 09:28:39 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Bogut is MILES ahead of Zeller in the rebounding department.

Amir + 2 second rounders for Bogut.

Keep Zeller to help facilitate a possible deal using his contract on Draft Day.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2016, 11:25:50 PM »

Offline Royrebirth

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 9
... Other than Zeller + second, I'd also be down to not give up any assets and land him in FA. Doubtful he goes much more than either veterans min or 5-6 M / year.

He just suffered another injury, which according to reports will sideline him between 10 days and 3-4 weeks. Doubt Mavs can salvage much value given how he's injured and hasn't performed all too well this season.

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2016, 11:43:14 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Bogut is a non scorer, no matter what team he plays for. He is a D guy. Period.  The kind of player they need, though he isn't very durable.

The Celtics are thin in depth, and need all their starters to be competitive with the better teams. That hasn't happened much so far this season. You figure IT is going to miss games, after playing 82? last season. He is a high injury risk going to the basket frequently.

Aside from that, I don't think they can get to the next level with the rebounding and rim defense  they have. You can't win on the perimeter, unless you have a bunch of sharpshooters out there.