Author Topic: Report: Celtics have interest in Bogut; favorite to land him when on market  (Read 6482 times)

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-trade-rumors-celtics-blazers-among-possible-destinations-for-andrew-bogut/

No surprise here, but it does seem like we have significant interest in him.

What does this say about other potential trade targets in Cousins and Noel?

I think this could mean one or more of several things:

1) They don't think Boogie will be traded this year;

2) They don't want Boogie's baggage;

3) They don't want to pay Noel next year;

4) They want to resign Bogut (hard to see);

5) They think that they have a legitimate shot at signing a max free agent this summer, so they don't want to tie up their books.

The way things have played out, I tend to lean toward number 5, which I just don't agree with.

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
6) They want to put pressure on Sacramento / Philly by leaking that they are interested in going after Bogut instead of giving up significant assets for Boogie or Noel.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
6) They want to put pressure on Sacramento / Philly by leaking that they are interested in going after Bogut instead of giving up significant assets for Boogie or Noel.
(7) Make Portland over pay for Bogut so we can get Noel. My Hope!!!!
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76
Despite everyone saying this doesn't move the needle I disagree. This gives us a dramatic boost in our efforts to get out of the first round. I think that Bogut puts our defense back into a top tier and adds us the rebounding presence that we need.

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46

This!  Danny is a classic rumor starter.   LOL
Diggles

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Bogut makes the most sense because he's probably the cheapest option out on the big man market.

I'm curious what it would take to get him. I don't think Zeller and a pick for Bogut works salary wise.

I wish Bogut hadn't made his pizzagate opinions public, otherwise I would have no reason not to like him.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

I guess that's a possibility, too.

However, if Boogie had any role in this Barnes choking incident like he's rumored to, which is about to blow up for Barnes it sounds like, then I could see the C's finally washing their hands of him.

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 79
I like Bogut and he seems like a loyal guy. He was genuinely upset that the Warriors did him wrong.

Bring him in under option 5 and if he plays well I think we might get a good deal with him if he fits in. That is if we don't get a max free agent.

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Despite everyone saying this doesn't move the needle I disagree. This gives us a dramatic boost in our efforts to get out of the first round. I think that Bogut puts our defense back into a top tier and adds us the rebounding presence that we need.

I agree. My concern, though, is that he'll play about 5 games for Boston before suffering a season-ending injury.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I am amazed that Bogut is still in one piece...

... oh, wait, he isn't! The dude hasn't played 70 games since 2007-2008. Stay away.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Re: Report: Celtics have interest in Bogut; favorite to land him when on market
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2016, 06:03:32 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155

... oh, wait, he isn't! The dude hasn't played 70 games since 2007-2008. Stay away.

He played 70 games in the 2016 season alone.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2016, 06:06:47 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Mark me down on the Bogut Bus....front seat driver.

Nice all-around game, very good defender and a mean streak.

If he can be had get him!

Dude could be our Bill Walton (1986)....WOW.....that year we had a top pick in the draft as well.....deja vu.

Yeah let's get him if he can be had, please.

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2016, 06:07:50 PM »

Offline CelticsBR

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 35
Can't we just trade almost nothing for varejăo? He can offer the team 10 minutes of intensity for the veteran min and would cost nothing

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2016, 06:10:25 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

He played 70 games in the 2016 season alone.

That's including the playoffs, however.  In the seven regular seasons before this one, he's played 65 to 69 games five times, 32 games and 12 games.  He's not getting more durable with age, so Bogut is a guy who is going to miss at least a decent chunk of time due to injury.  But a healthy Bogut teamed with Al would dramatically improve this team.

Mike

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2016, 06:30:18 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
It would be nice to show a big ball lineup, to go with our small ball.

Bogut would most likely play 16-20 minutes game at most. He must have that much left in him.