Author Topic: Time to show what the Celtics are made of - tonite hosting Toronto  (Read 1151 times)

Offline MikeB12

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 28
I think this game will go a long way to reveal what type of team the Celtics have...playing division leading Toronto at home tonight.

However, if Thomas isn't able to play, as usual this year the Celtics will be playing without the full team.   It is a shame the C's have had some many injuries this early.

Can the C's defeat the Raptors without Thomas?   Hope so but I guess that is why the odds makers have listed the game as "OFF" - no spread - because IT is out or questionable.

MikeB

Re: Time to show what the Celtics are made of - tonite hosting Toronto
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 01:22:30 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
This strikes me as a let down game and one in which Toronto puts a beating on Boston.  Hopefully I'm wrong.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 01:37:47 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
I am a lot less excited about this game without IT out. It does seem like we are always getting these injuries. Smart, Horford, Crowder, IT all have missed games 33% of the way into the season. Bradley is our only good player that has played every game right?

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 01:54:52 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321
I am a lot less excited about this game without IT out. It does seem like we are always getting these injuries. Smart, Horford, Crowder, IT all have missed games 33% of the way into the season. Bradley is our only good player that has played every game right?

Interesting, I'm actually really excited to see Marcus and Terry play against all star guards. Last game we got to see them do their thing against average to below average talent. Let's see if Marcus can get to the line tonight.

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2016, 02:32:35 PM »

Online otherdave

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 124
  • takes.....MAKES!!!!
I am excited too, and really looking forward to see how well MS and AB can contain their point guards.

I believe D Carroll will be out for Toronto, because he played last night.  Hopefully we can pester them on defense and they tire in the second half (remember Toronto played last night then had to travel)

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2016, 02:34:53 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

Interesting, I'm actually really excited to see Marcus and Terry play against all star guards. Last game we got to see them do their thing against average to below average talent. Let's see if Marcus can get to the line tonight.

I mean I am excited to see that. At the same time though, the east is so bunched up that every game is really important. It could be the difference between home court in the first or second round. I am less upset having IT miss a game against Orlando where I feel we can still win. It is a lot harder to beat a team like Toronto without IT.