Author Topic: What could we get for IT4  (Read 10988 times)

Re: What could we get for IT4
« Reply #75 on: December 09, 2016, 04:43:04 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Three trade ideas to consider,
Bucks
IT for Jabari Parker and a pick.
Starters=Smart, AB, Crowder, Parker, Al

Pelicans
IT, Crowder, AJ and Nets 2018 for Anthony Davis
Starters=Smart, AB, Brown, AD, Al

C's, Pacers and Kings
IT for WCS and Miles Turner. (Kofous and IT to Pacers. Teague and Allen to Kings)
Starters=Smart, AB, Crowder, Al, Turner

Of course the Davis deal is my choice though you give up additional pieces you get a top 10 player. Also the C's would still have room to add a max deal like Hayward if he so decides to leave Jazz. How would Smart, AB, Hayward, AD and Al do in east?
**** at that package for Davis.  He's pretty close to untouchable.
It is ridiculous that people think IT, Crowder, AJ and Nets 2018 is laughable. Davis is a guy who averages 65 games in a season and won't be getting his team into the playoffs again. Sometimes you have to look at spreading out the talent because one guy isn't a team. Davis is a top ten player yes but IT is a top level PG and top 20 player. Crowder is a top level SF and locked up super cheap. That is two positions you upgrade who are on cheap contracts beyond this year. You also score a Nets pick which lets face Nets may be worse in 2018. And cap space this coming season. That isn't garbage.

Remember Love put up great numbers in Minnesota so let's not go crazy about Davis' big numbers on a bad team. If Davis came here he would be a 20 and 9 guy with above average defense is all. Still good but its not what he is doing now in New Orleans. And that isn't even sustainable. Hell, he is already having health issues so he will require long term rest managment in which he sits games out. That may be the rest of his career given the history. So that's another factor that goes into is he even worth trading for at a top ten player price. Health, bloated numbers, and defense against top big are concerns with Davis so he isn't untouchable.
At first I was thinking you can't be serious but I guess you are.  Seriously R O T F L M A O now.

Davis won't be taking them to the playoffs again?  Dude is 23.  Think about that for a second.  While we keep waiting for people like Smart and Rozier to take the next step, Davis is a bonafide superstar and is only a year older than these two.  Davis has a long long way to go before NO should even consider trading him.  And, trades of stars have almost always befitted the team getting the star, not the other way around.

And Davis would average 20 and 9 here?  Okay.  Not even sure what to say to that, expect, Davis would instantly be the centerpiece of any team except the Cavs and Warriors.  His numbers are only going up over time.

No amount of reasoning is going to make that package remotely close to acceptable.  100 AJ's don't equal one Anthony Davis.  35 Crowders don't equal one Anthony Davis.  Five IT's don't equal one Anthony Davis.  Things don't work that way.  Superstars are a rare commodity.
Nothing you wrote addresses the concerns about Davis and you completely ignore the value of the players and contracts. That reply is the joke and nonsense.
So you think that because Davis has an injury history, and because he is in a bad situation, that it somehow diminishes his value to the point that the offer makes sense?  Not even close.  Not even close.

« Reply #76 on: December 09, 2016, 04:53:11 PM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 79
Noel from Philly?
Talent wise, it is a good trade.

Trade value wise, I think we can get Noel for less. Now or in free agency.

How about Noel + Saric? Does Philly do that?

Saric would be a very good fit in Stevens offense. Give Boston a ball-handling forward who can shoot the 3 off the bench. Maybe a future starter at PF.
I thought of that too but my gut tells me they want to hold onto Saric.

So we might have to sweeten the pot to get both and I'm hesitant to do that or I'm just not thinking clearly on what it might take.

I dunno but maybe Kelly O?

« Reply #77 on: December 09, 2016, 05:09:05 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Noel from Philly?

Saric would be a very good fit in Stevens offense. Give Boston a ball-handling forward who can shoot the 3 off the bench. Maybe a future starter at PF.

So we might have to sweeten the pot to get both and I'm hesitant to do that or I'm just not thinking clearly on what it might take.

Philly has roster problems down low once Simmons is back.  I think they may want to hold onto Saric as well but I don't think that would stop them from making a Noel/Saric for Thomas trade.  We could send them Mickey since we'd have to cut someone anyway.  I think adding KO makes the trade to unbalanced for Boston. 

That said I'd rather have Okafor & Saric if they did that I'd probably throw in KO with Thomas.

Of course that is all hypothetical because I can't see Boston moving Thomas in that type of trade.  It doesn't make sense for the timeline at all. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #78 on: December 09, 2016, 05:14:05 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
Noel from Philly?

I don't really get why people would want to trade an all-star that projects to be an all-star again this year for a solid bench player and a defensive minded center that has struggled with injuries and is approaching a massive pay out in free agency. This is like a trade you would make if IT slapped Stevens across the face mid game and you were forced to trade him immediately. It makes our team worse and hurts our payroll next year.

« Reply #79 on: December 09, 2016, 05:14:20 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Noel from Philly?

Philly has roster problems down low once Simmons is back.  I think they may want to hold onto Saric as well but I don't think that would stop them from making a Noel/Saric for Thomas trade.  We could send them Mickey since we'd have to cut someone anyway.  I think adding KO makes the trade to unbalanced for Boston. 

That said I'd rather have Okafor & Saric if they did that I'd probably throw in KO with Thomas.

Of course that is all hypothetical because I can't see Boston moving Thomas in that type of trade.  It doesn't make sense for the timeline at all.

It makes sense in the timeline if you consider that Philly would then be better than Brooklyn, and we might get a top two draft pick.

« Reply #80 on: December 09, 2016, 05:17:32 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

It makes sense in the timeline if you consider that Philly would then be better than Brooklyn, and we might get a top two draft pick.

So we're gonna throw out our own hopes for being competitive in the short term for a marginal gain w/ respect to the BRK pick?
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #81 on: December 09, 2016, 05:17:51 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
A Pizza

« Reply #82 on: December 09, 2016, 05:40:10 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

So we're gonna throw out our own hopes for being competitive in the short term for a marginal gain w/ respect to the BRK pick?

To people think KO is way worse than Saric for some reason? You want to trade those two for Okafor and Saric? Sigh

« Reply #83 on: December 09, 2016, 05:42:42 PM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney

To people think KO is way worse than Saric for some reason? You want to trade those two for Okafor and Saric? Sigh
You don't think Saric has more upside then Kelly Olynyk?

« Reply #84 on: December 09, 2016, 05:43:21 PM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney

« Reply #85 on: December 09, 2016, 05:46:01 PM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
Noel from Philly?

I think the timeline always was and should still be 4-5 years from now after Brown, Smart, Roz, the Nets pick and whatever else we can accumulate has developed.

If Ainge can somehow stumble his way into landing a mega star then the timeline alters. Until then just enjoy this team for what it is. A fun team to pass the time and keep fans in the seats. 

« Reply #86 on: December 09, 2016, 05:57:15 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

Saric has one big advantage in his contract being a lot cheaper than what KO will be paid this offseason. However, in terms of players on the court they are pretty similar. Saric has been playing professionally for a long time and turns 23 this season (Do people not realize this?). KO turns 26. They are both good 3 point shooters. KO may be a slightly better shooter overall. Saric is a better rebounder, but not by an insane amount. I also do think KO's number would increase and Saric's would decrease if they switched roles.

I think some fans see if put up numbers as a rookie and kind of forget that he is not really a normal rookie and think he could develop into a star. Not even 76ers are really thinking that and it makes me think that this is another case of us overvaluing another team's players and downplaying the value of our own (a theme in this thread).

« Reply #87 on: December 09, 2016, 06:03:26 PM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney

Saric has one big advantage in his contract being a lot cheaper than what KO will be paid this offseason. However, in terms of players on the court they are pretty similar. Saric has been playing professionally for a long time and turns 23 this season (Do people not realize this?). KO turns 26. They are both good 3 point shooters. KO may be a slightly better shooter overall. Saric is a better rebounder, but not by an insane amount. I also do think KO's number would increase and Saric's would decrease if they switched roles.

I think some fans see if put up numbers as a rookie and kind of forget that he is not really a normal rookie and think he could develop into a star. Not even 76ers are really thinking that and it makes me think that this is another case of us overvaluing another team's players and downplaying the value of our own (a theme in this thread).
Saric doesn't have to be a star to become a better player then Olynyk.

« Reply #88 on: December 09, 2016, 06:13:04 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

KO is a very good role player. I realize he isn't flashy and he looks kind of goofy so it easy to downplay him. However, we are a much better team when is he playing. Saric is getting a bit more hype because he is a rookie in a really weak class and we have a habit of over valuing 76ers players on this blog. That all being said Kelly is the better player today and there is a pretty reasonable chance he will remain the better player. He certainly isn't some big downgrade from Saric.

« Reply #89 on: December 09, 2016, 06:19:07 PM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney

KO is a very good role player. I realize he isn't flashy and he looks kind of goofy so it easy to downplay him. However, we are a much better team when is he playing. Saric is getting a bit more hype because he is a rookie in a really weak class and we have a habit of over valuing 76ers players on this blog. That all being said Kelly is the better player today and there is a pretty reasonable chance he will remain the better player. He certainly isn't some big downgrade from Saric.
He has his moments but Saric will pass him and become the better player.

Try to trade Kelly O for Saric straight up and the Suxers would hang up.