Author Topic: Raptors (15-7) at Celtics (13-9) Game #23 12/9/16  (Read 46175 times)

Re: Raptors (15-7) at Celtics (13-9) Game #23 12/9/16
« Reply #525 on: December 10, 2016, 12:06:21 AM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76
I'm a Celtic fan through and through. Go Celts!!  Done arguing over this. Hope we win 50 games with whoever will help us do it. I do have a bone to pick with people that say that they want Brad gone. Don't fire coaches like Brad unless you want to lose for awhile

« Reply #526 on: December 10, 2016, 12:11:06 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I'm a Celtic fan through and through. Go Celts!!  Done arguing over this. Hope we win 50 games with whoever will help us do it. I do have a bone to pick with people that say that they want Brad gone. Don't fire coaches like Brad unless you want to lose for awhile
Yup I agree, the pessimism and blind optimism is really going to two extremes right now, we are somewhat a 50 win team tbh with potential to be better next year
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #527 on: December 10, 2016, 12:16:18 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2919
I've been guilty of overreacting to losses (more than a few times), but I think eja and CelticSooner have a point—namely, that there's a lot of excuse making for this team. It's always something with these guys—"So-and-so was out," or "Boston was on the end of a back-to-back" (though that hasn't been a problem for opponents recently), or "The opponent just had a really hot-shooting night" (this happens a lot, by the way), or "That was a fluke, it won't happen again" (until it does, and it always does), or whatever. These guys just plain need to get their act together.
0-5 vs Golden State, Cleveland, Spurs, Rockets, Toronto. Let's see where they stand next week at this time. 

They are what they are - not as good as last year's team - at this point in the season.  They haven't replaced Sully's rebounding or Turner's entire contribution - not even close.

Golden State and Cleveland we were without both Horford and Crowder. Toronto we were without IT. Those are legitimate excuses - and still the Toronto and Cleveland games were down to the wire.

With the Rockets we were actually cheated away one point by the officials, so we should've went to OT with them, where anything could've happened. The Spurs game was also down to the wire, and we just lost it.

People are exaggerating a bit here. We've had significant injuries, and it's hard to start a season like that. With so many injuries, it's hard to find any continuity or chemistry.

We stink.  Time to face reality

If we're facing reality, then let's face reality.

- We were never going to beat the Warriors, Cavs, or Raptors without IT and/or Horford and Crowder. Just wasn't happening.

- We technically didn't lose to the Rockets. The refs cheated us out of a point. Further, losing like that in an away game to a team on a role like Houston is far from a bad defeat.

Thus, the Spurs are the only true defeat that we had that didn't have an asterisk next to it. And that happens - you lose sometimes to good opponents. It was a close game that we just lost.

You can't sit there and say "let's face reality" and then not face reality by admitting all of the REAL contextual factors that we've had to deal with, like injuries.

« Reply #528 on: December 10, 2016, 12:26:10 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2919
Get this:

We shot more threes (42) tonight than twos (41).

But even better - we shot better on our 42 threes tonight (40.5%) than on our 41 twos (34.1%).

Ha! You can't make this stuff up...

https://twitter.com/LucidSportsFan/status/807441873749086208?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

« Reply #529 on: December 10, 2016, 12:41:12 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I've been guilty of overreacting to losses (more than a few times), but I think eja and CelticSooner have a point—namely, that there's a lot of excuse making for this team. It's always something with these guys—"So-and-so was out," or "Boston was on the end of a back-to-back" (though that hasn't been a problem for opponents recently), or "The opponent just had a really hot-shooting night" (this happens a lot, by the way), or "That was a fluke, it won't happen again" (until it does, and it always does), or whatever. These guys just plain need to get their act together.
0-5 vs Golden State, Cleveland, Spurs, Rockets, Toronto. Let's see where they stand next week at this time. 

They are what they are - not as good as last year's team - at this point in the season.  They haven't replaced Sully's rebounding or Turner's entire contribution - not even close.

Golden State and Cleveland we were without both Horford and Crowder. Toronto we were without IT. Those are legitimate excuses - and still the Toronto and Cleveland games were down to the wire.

With the Rockets we were actually cheated away one point by the officials, so we should've went to OT with them, where anything could've happened. The Spurs game was also down to the wire, and we just lost it.

People are exaggerating a bit here. We've had significant injuries, and it's hard to start a season like that. With so many injuries, it's hard to find any continuity or chemistry.

This

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #530 on: December 10, 2016, 12:51:57 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251

- We were never going to beat the Warriors, Cavs, or Raptors without IT and/or Horford and Crowder. Just wasn't happening.

- We technically didn't lose to the Rockets. The refs cheated us out of a point. Further, losing like that in an away game to a team on a role like Houston is far from a bad defeat.

Thus, the Spurs are the only true defeat that we had that didn't have an asterisk next to it. And that happens - you lose sometimes to good opponents. It was a close game that we just lost.

You can't sit there and say "let's face reality" and then not face reality by admitting all of the REAL contextual factors that we've had to deal with, like injuries.

When you play teams that are on the second night of back-to-backs like the Rockets and Raptors tonight, and you're the Celtics, you don't lose.  And even when you do you make sure your efforts make them sweat bullets into OTs.

Forget the whole ridiculous excuse of missing stars (other teams were missing players and we barely escape those games).  Our efforts has been pathetic all season.  Our defense is nothing close to last season when we were less talented and missing stars in few of those games.

We suck.  Plain and simple.  Unless something change this team has secured another first round bounce ballot.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #531 on: December 10, 2016, 01:30:18 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

I've been off here for a few days. Decided to come back today, see what's up. Saw this, and instantly remembered why I left. This Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.. I'm sick and tired of the clueless haters who will do nothing but talk Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. about this team, as if they're some genius or something that has all the answers. Quit being internet tough guys. If you hate this team so much, go be Warriors fans or Cavs fans. Clearly, building a team is something that doesn't fit your agenda. Not all teams are bought. Not all teams will be the 08 Celtics. Some teams are built from the ground up. Wisen up.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #532 on: December 10, 2016, 01:40:56 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

When you play teams that are on the second night of back-to-backs like the Rockets and Raptors tonight, and you're the Celtics, you don't lose.  And even when you do you make sure your efforts make them sweat bullets into OTs.

Forget the whole ridiculous excuse of missing stars (other teams were missing players and we barely escape those games).  Our efforts has been pathetic all season.  Our defense is nothing close to last season when we were less talented and missing stars in few of those games.

We suck.  Plain and simple.  Unless something change this team has secured another first round bounce ballot.

Agreed with the first two points, but only half of the third -- we don't suck and I expect us to improve sooner than later, but we do need to get back to basics asap. That #3 seed is very important for us think year imo.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #533 on: December 10, 2016, 05:48:42 AM »

Offline Hank Finkel

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
This team is clearly not ready for the next level yet.  We may beat a good team now and then but will not do it consistently and will misstep and lose to the likes of New Orleans at times.  I am not sure if we will match last years win total but I do think they will play a little better in the playoffs and maybe even win a series because they have been there for two years now. Just my two cents.

« Reply #534 on: December 10, 2016, 06:24:20 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Cmon peeps..what the heck is wrong here...we gave the Raptors fits despite not having IT.

Look at it this way..there ia no way the Raps beat us without Lowry right?.  Howbout the Warriors meet us without Curry?.

Sky isnt falling and we should be fine but this season is perplexing. We are the only top team that have lost a key player in our rotation that have missed several games..heck only AB and Amir has not gone down in this team from its starters.

« Reply #535 on: December 10, 2016, 08:43:10 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think we could have beat them with IT, he was so missing so was Carrol but IT is more a blow to us.

« Reply #536 on: December 10, 2016, 08:48:35 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
We don't stink but it's okay to be concerned that we're over a quarter of the way through the season and this team appears to have taken a half step back.

Mike