Author Topic: Raptors (15-7) at Celtics (13-9) Game #23 12/9/16  (Read 45905 times)

Re: Raptors (15-7) at Celtics (13-9) Game #23 12/9/16
« Reply #510 on: December 09, 2016, 10:19:52 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
When you shoot 40% from three AND make almost twice as many threes as your opponent but still lose, it may be time to rethink this "Let's shoot 40 bleepin' threes a game" strategy.

Mike

« Reply #511 on: December 09, 2016, 10:21:03 PM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 79
When you shoot 40% from three AND make almost twice as many threes as your opponent but still lose, it may be time to rethink this "Let's shoot 40 bleepin' threes a game" strategy.

Mike
Maybe we should had shot more.

« Reply #512 on: December 09, 2016, 10:22:28 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Buncha girl scouts could beat this team right now. Get together some girl scout all star players and they win. Ever notice how tough girl scouts are? They stand all day in the freaking cold and wind to sell like 5 boxes of cookies in front of a Wal Mart with angry people coming out. This team isn't tough like that any more. They've been talking to Sheed. They just want to collect checks.

4 more games of this and we gotta start looking past Brad Stevens.
Overreaction mich???
We lost to a good playoff team that cant miss in the 3rd qtr when us ourselves went ive cold.
This is an epitome of a game where IT could have definitely shown off. We needed someone who could drive and breakdown defenses.
And yes Crowder is overrated. Man he had like 4 clean looks but botched all of em...Note to Jaylen...watch Derozan on how to score bunch of points easily without taking threes...the guy is such a throwback to the 70s and 80s basketball...very Bernard King like smooth jump shots ever single time it just swishes the net.

« Reply #513 on: December 09, 2016, 10:32:05 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
Crowder is an excellent player. Just has to do a better job of not going into launch 3 mode in situations.   Teams collapse on other guys and it happens.

If a trade ever happens it's not going to be what everyone thinks anyways on a daily basis.

Toronto is more set in their identity right now.  IT is a big shot maker. Moreso than Hayward at this point in his career.

« Reply #514 on: December 09, 2016, 10:50:56 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
We need more consistent shooting. Crowder 2-11 RoZier 4-12 Smart 3-11 Kelly 2-7 Zeller 0-3 That's 11-44. That's not going to cut it.
Those shots from Roz will turn around.

But we don't need IT. Nope, that's some great shooting according to the "Trade IT" crowd here.
Losing a close game to the Raptors is not any great evidence that we need Isaiah Thomas.

If youd told me we would beat the Magic and lose a close one to the Raptors I would not assume something(like losing your leading scorer) had gone wrong.
Our inability to create any offense is a good indication we aren't going far unless we have IT
Toronto is a top 4 team. We are a fun team even with IT4. We aren't beating the raptors or Cavs.
If we have IT we win this game. It was a close game in the end and we literally had no offense besides get it to Al Horford. You bring IT and he gives us 20 points at least and 6 assists and we pull this one out. An easily winable game
It doesn't work like that. We never have the run in the second with the young guys going like that. The whole game becomes impossible to predict.

It's always an excuse for this team. You either take that next leap or you don't. Right now I don't see it. Can this team even win 4 or 5 games in a row?

« Reply #515 on: December 09, 2016, 10:53:20 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Buncha girl scouts could beat this team right now. Get together some girl scout all star players and they win. Ever notice how tough girl scouts are? They stand all day in the freaking cold and wind to sell like 5 boxes of cookies in front of a Wal Mart with angry people coming out. This team isn't tough like that any more. They've been talking to Sheed. They just want to collect checks.

The Christmas Grinch has arrived.

The sky is falling!

We played well against one of the best teams in the NBA. Shot like blind mice in the 2nd half and were still within 4 points with 1 minute remaining.

And guess what, we were without our best offensive player.

Positives from this game:
Young guys got some burn, we defended very well.
I'm not sure how we managed to lose this one but in my opinion we can beat Toronto in a 7 game series.

We've won 7 of our last 11 games and we've had more road games than any other team in the NBA so far this season.

I really like how we are looking as we approach the Xmas hump.

We lost, but we look good out there and we are only going to gel, communicate and play harder for each other as the playoffs get closer.

Our ball movement has been (up until the 2nd half tonight) phenomenal.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #516 on: December 09, 2016, 11:00:02 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

The Christmas Grinch has arrived.

The sky is falling!

We played well against one of the best teams in the NBA. Shot like blind mice in the 2nd half and were still within 4 points with 1 minute remaining.

And guess what, we were without our best offensive player.

Positives from this game:
Young guys got some burn, we defended very well.
I'm not sure how we managed to lose this one but in my opinion we can beat Toronto in a 7 game series.

We've won 7 of our last 11 games and we've had more road games than any other team in the NBA so far this season.

I really like how we are looking as we approach the Xmas hump.

We lost, but we look good out there and we are only going to gel, communicate and play harder for each other as the playoffs get closer.

Our ball movement has been (up until the 2nd half tonight) phenomenal.
a tp for being both realistic and optimistic in the same post.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #517 on: December 09, 2016, 11:03:14 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
That post was too positive. Team needs some tough love IMO. Toronto had a game last night in Minnesota least people forget...

« Reply #518 on: December 09, 2016, 11:04:10 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

Overreaction mich???
We lost to a good playoff team that cant miss in the 3rd qtr when us ourselves went ive cold.
This is an epitome of a game where IT could have definitely shown off. We needed someone who could drive and breakdown defenses.
And yes Crowder is overrated. Man he had like 4 clean looks but botched all of em...Note to Jaylen...watch Derozan on how to score bunch of points easily without taking threes...the guy is such a throwback to the 70s and 80s basketball...very Bernard King like smooth jump shots ever single time it just swishes the net.
i'd like to say this is a one game thing but it's not at all

« Reply #519 on: December 09, 2016, 11:20:49 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I've been guilty of overreacting to losses (more than a few times), but I think eja and CelticSooner have a point—namely, that there's a lot of excuse making for this team. It's always something with these guys—"So-and-so was out," or "Boston was on the end of a back-to-back" (though that hasn't been a problem for opponents recently), or "The opponent just had a really hot-shooting night" (this happens a lot, by the way), or "That was a fluke, it won't happen again" (until it does, and it always does), or whatever. These guys just plain need to get their act together.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #520 on: December 09, 2016, 11:35:58 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I've been guilty of overreacting to losses (more than a few times), but I think eja and CelticSooner have a point—namely, that there's a lot of excuse making for this team. It's always something with these guys—"So-and-so was out," or "Boston was on the end of a back-to-back" (though that hasn't been a problem for opponents recently), or "The opponent just had a really hot-shooting night" (this happens a lot, by the way), or "That was a fluke, it won't happen again" (until it does, and it always does), or whatever. These guys just plain need to get their act together.
I mean there absolutely is a lot of excuse making, but I think its also important to add context.

The problem is, if you are gonna complain about missing Horford, you also have to note that we beat Indiana without Paul George, played Toronto without Carroll and Dallas without Dirk.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #521 on: December 09, 2016, 11:47:49 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
0-5 vs Golden State, Cleveland, Spurs, Rockets, Toronto. Let's see where they stand next week at this time. 

They are what they are - not as good as last year's team - at this point in the season.  They haven't replaced Sully's rebounding or Turner's entire contribution - not even close. 

« Reply #522 on: December 09, 2016, 11:57:02 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
0-5 vs Golden State, Cleveland, Spurs, Rockets, Toronto. Let's see where they stand next week at this time. 

They are what they are - not as good as last year's team - at this point in the season.  They haven't replaced Sully's rebounding or Turner's entire contribution - not even close.

Golden State and Cleveland we were without both Horford and Crowder. Toronto we were without IT. Those are legitimate excuses - and still the Toronto and Cleveland games were down to the wire.

With the Rockets we were actually cheated away one point by the officials, so we should've went to OT with them, where anything could've happened. The Spurs game was also down to the wire, and we just lost it.

People are exaggerating a bit here. We've had significant injuries, and it's hard to start a season like that. With so many injuries, it's hard to find any continuity or chemistry.

« Reply #523 on: December 10, 2016, 12:01:37 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Most frustrating loss of the season.  >:(

I'm tired of hearing the excuses mostly from media about this team. They aren't playing up to potential. Have yet to beat a really good team. Starting to question whether this group can actually get out of the first round again.

I mean, we have also lost three starters for a significant number of games, too. You can't really make any conclusions about this game without IT. He would've helped us with his penetration at least somewhat, though I do really worry about how much more their backcourt would've had with him out there.

I'm not making conclusions about one game. I'm making conclusions of what my eyes sees. These guys aren't making the leaps many thought they would. I compare the C's against the better teams in the league not blowing out the Magic. I feel like we are seeing some plateauing.

Yep.  We are what we are.  A team of role players And average potential

« Reply #524 on: December 10, 2016, 12:03:18 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445

Golden State and Cleveland we were without both Horford and Crowder. Toronto we were without IT. Those are legitimate excuses - and still the Toronto and Cleveland games were down to the wire.

With the Rockets we were actually cheated away one point by the officials, so we should've went to OT with them, where anything could've happened. The Spurs game was also down to the wire, and we just lost it.

People are exaggerating a bit here. We've had significant injuries, and it's hard to start a season like that. With so many injuries, it's hard to find any continuity or chemistry.

We stink.  Time to face reality