Author Topic: Raptors (15-7) at Celtics (13-9) Game #23 12/9/16  (Read 46214 times)

Re: Raptors (15-7) at Celtics (13-9) Game #23 12/9/16
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2016, 07:09:10 AM »

Offline NHCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 179
I expect Valenciunas to go ham against us.

Put Zeller on him!  I member playing Toronto last year and Zeller ran the court so well that Valenciunas had his hands on his knees trying to catch his breath.  For all the negative things people have to say about Zeller he runs the floor REALLY well and can tire out bigs like this.

This could be one of those games where Zeller is a big factor.  He seems to have a few each year where he comes off the bench and scores 16 in 12 minutes or so.

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2016, 08:18:31 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Make a Statement tonight! Go Celtics!!!

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2016, 08:20:21 AM »

Offline Pvictor11

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 62
As much as I want us to win this game, I also want us to get desecrated to shut up all these trade/bench IT dinguses

so, you want the team to lose just to prove you're right? nothing wrong with being an IT4 fan above all (I was a Shaq fan above anything) but I will never understand a person wanting their fave's team to lose. to each his own, I guess.

Perfect coment! I will never understand a guy rooting for his team to lose, no matter the circunstances, specially if the loss is just to prove a point!
Brazilian Celtic Fan!

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2016, 08:23:49 AM »

Offline Pvictor11

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 62
This is a divisional game, against the team that is leading our division right now and were the division champions in the past year. I want the Celtics to win big, I don't care if it means more "pressure" to bench IT. The TEAM comes first. The BOSTON CELTICS is bigger than any player in the world or in history! That's how I feel.
Brazilian Celtic Fan!

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2016, 08:34:38 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
As much as I want us to win this game, I also want us to get desecrated to shut up all these trade/bench IT dinguses

so, you want the team to lose just to prove you're right? nothing wrong with being an IT4 fan above all (I was a Shaq fan above anything) but I will never understand a person wanting their fave's team to lose. to each his own, I guess.

Perfect coment! I will never understand a guy rooting for his team to lose, no matter the circunstances, specially if the loss is just to prove a point!
Furthermore, losing would not prove that IT expendable.  They could lose for other reasons.

Go Celtics!

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2016, 09:15:06 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Defense is the other teams main issue ,  with IT out ,  their game plan can't be as straight forward .

Should be a bar fight all the way. Both teams wantingto claim legit rights to battle Cavs for east.

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2016, 02:44:22 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
I'll be there! Let's go Cs!

TP, me too, see you there!

Mike

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2016, 02:55:07 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
This is a divisional game, against the team that is leading our division right now and were the division champions in the past year. I want the Celtics to win big, I don't care if it means more "pressure" to bench IT. The TEAM comes first. The BOSTON CELTICS is bigger than any player in the world or in history! That's how I feel.

Just to be clear there is absolutely nothing approaching pressure on the Celtics to bench IT. A few ill conceived threads on this blog don't make that a thought that is approaching reality.

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2016, 03:03:06 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76

I want us to lose because you fans need to appreciate a player that goes out every game and carries to this team to wins. All this garbage of trade IT, sit IT, whatever you guys want. You fans aren't understanding how good IT has helped make this team and how little respect he's getting around here. It's despicable that us as Celtics fans treat our best player like this.

If this is how we are going to view him we don't deserve a player like IT.

Of course I want us to win this game. I just can't stand all these Smart homers and IT haters all over this blog. I only became a fan of IT after he came to the Celtics. And despite you guys calling him just some guy, he's apart of this team and is key to the success of this team.

Do I think we are going to win this? Probably not, but I do think we are going to give them a good game

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2016, 03:21:01 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
TP FL
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2016, 05:04:16 PM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
Looking forward to watching the game tonight, and it should be a good one with #2 vs #3 in the East facing off, so it's probably on ESPN, right? WRONG. So now I get to deal with the constant buffering and crashing that's been plaguing my League Pass this year. 

Instead ESPN chose to go with Houston/OKC for their 8pm ESPN game.

I can't be too mad at ESPN, because as it turns out, that Houston/OKC game should be a pretty good game with the two one-man shows facing off.  Taking my green glasses off for a second, that's probably the game most NBA fans would rather see tonight, all things considered.  But who would have thought that going into the season when they made the TV schedule?  Toronto and Boston were expected to be competing for the #2 seed (which they are) and people were wondering if Houston and OKC would even make the playoffs this year.  Whoever picked that game got it right, too bad they completely whiffed on the 10:30 game (Lakers/Suns).
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 05:13:02 PM by bdm860 »

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2016, 05:20:12 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
GO ITless  Celtics  :)

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2016, 05:47:04 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597

I want us to lose because you fans need to appreciate a player that goes out every game and carries to this team to wins. All this garbage of trade IT, sit IT, whatever you guys want. You fans aren't understanding how good IT has helped make this team and how little respect he's getting around here. It's despicable that us as Celtics fans treat our best player like this.

Of course I want us to win this game. I just can't stand all these Smart homers and IT haters all over this blog. I only became a fan of IT after he came to the Celtics. And despite you guys calling him just some guy, he's apart of this team and is key to the success of this team.

Do I think we are going to win this? Probably not, but I do think we are going to give them a good game

That makes you an IT fan, not a celtics fan. Celtic fans cheer for anyone who wears green. Red preach that the name in the front is more important than the name of the back. He's the main scoring option for this team, but others make it easier for him on all other aspects.

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2016, 05:52:24 PM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 79

I guess you and triboy are going for that soap box tonight depending on how it goes.

I will be disappointed if I don't see a thread pop up after tonight's game from either one.

Please don't take it the wrong way. I actually think posters like you guys who have completely different takes on IT make it all the more interesting around here.

Good luck to getting your way.

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2016, 06:26:25 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Not trying to stir things up further, but honestly IT being out might not have came at a better time.

With games against Lowry/Derozan, Westbrook, and Parker coming up, we actually need more perimeter D, and iirc, these teams are all significantly better offensively than defensively, meaning a switch of Smart's defense for IT's offense in the starting lineup isn't all that bad.