Author Topic: Trade idea for Serge Ibaka  (Read 3240 times)

Re: Trade idea for Serge Ibaka
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2016, 04:58:51 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I would rather go after Monroe.
Why Monroe over Ibaka? Post scoring?

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2016, 05:14:49 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870

Seems like a more willing trade partner (Milwaukee).  Orlando looks bad if they just dump him after what they gave up for him.

We probably get Monroe for this season plus 1 more.

Monroe would be looking to prove some people wrong (Ibaka is kind of just playing to FA).

I think Monroe is overall a better player based on the historical performance that I have observed. 

I think Monroe in a situation where he does not need to be "the guy" and is motivated would give us more of what we need than Ibaka.

We could do something really crazy and try to get them both.  We have Amir and Zeller adding up to $20M in trade ballast.  Throw in Jerebko and it is $25M.  That and a couple of not so important future picks or current stashes probably could get us both (assuming Orlando is looking to move Ibaka like Milwaukee is reported to want to move Monroe).

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2016, 05:41:10 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257

Seems like a more willing trade partner (Milwaukee).  Orlando looks bad if they just dump him after what they gave up for him.

We probably get Monroe for this season plus 1 more.

Monroe would be looking to prove some people wrong (Ibaka is kind of just playing to FA).

I think Monroe is overall a better player based on the historical performance that I have observed. 

I think Monroe in a situation where he does not need to be "the guy" and is motivated would give us more of what we need than Ibaka.

We could do something really crazy and try to get them both.  We have Amir and Zeller adding up to $20M in trade ballast.  Throw in Jerebko and it is $25M.  That and a couple of not so important future picks or current stashes probably could get us both (assuming Orlando is looking to move Ibaka like Milwaukee is reported to want to move Monroe).

Serge is better than Monroe, but I'd rather trade Amir and Zeller (don't think we would have to include Jonas) than trade more valuable assets. Monroe solves a problem and makes the team more versatile.

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2016, 05:57:10 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I think Ibaka benefitted greatly from having been on the OKC team with Westbrook and Durant.  The situation reminds me of Jeff Green, who benefitted in a similar matter.  Once Jeff Green left OKC his numbers and effectiveness went down.

I was at the game last night and watched Ibaka closely, as I also want to see him in green.  He is a very good complimentary player but I wouldn't give up any members of our core for a three month rental of him.
Check out Jeff Green's numbers.  He was as good in Boston as he was in OKC.  He just never improved like everyone thought he would.  And as someone else pointed out Ibaka is the same player he was last year.  I do like him though and would also be happy to have it if we didn't give up any important member of our core.