Author Topic: Jaylen's defence?  (Read 3355 times)

Re: Jaylen's defence?
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2016, 07:46:04 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Browns length seems a bit underrated.
How do you underrate length?
I mean when people talk about Brown they dont often mention his length, despite Brown being pretty long.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2016, 09:51:29 AM »

Offline GRADYCOLNON

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
gonna be scary good once he corrects his coverage mistakes.  Kinda see why Ainge liked him so much more than Dunn and Murray.  (over aggressive prediction) He's gonna take Crowder's starting spot next year

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2016, 10:13:47 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Brown seems to be a solid defender, especially one on one. He sometimes loses focus rotating off the ball but that is to be expected of a guy his age.

Browns length seems a bit underrated.
People underrate the effect his length has on the game.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2016, 11:31:32 AM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
He's better than Gerald Green and James Young on that end at least.

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2016, 12:14:16 PM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122

Ask my ex-wife. ZING!
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2016, 01:02:35 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
Jaylen changes things when he's on the court as a big active player. Even as a rookie he effects both ends. While still making rookie mistakes he is a high motor high IQ player. When his shooting becomes more consistent ( which it will because of work ethic)he stops jumping on fakes, and can get the team defense down to second nature, Jaylen Brown will be a special player. I love watching this kid. The most exciting rookie we've had since Paul Pierce!

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2016, 02:40:13 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
He actually looks pretty bad defensively eye test wise and good offensively (finishing, offensive rebounding, decent passing and shooting), but his on-off numbers tell the opposite story = big positive defensively, big negative offensively
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2016, 03:10:56 PM »

Offline Nef-Oracle

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 5
gonna be scary good once he corrects his coverage mistakes.  Kinda see why Ainge liked him so much more than Dunn and Murray.  (over aggressive prediction) He's gonna take Crowder's starting spot next year

Crowder is quietly the most important piece in our system. Only player able to shoot the 3, guard the #4 & #3, rebound & steal the ball. He does all that effectively. There's a reason why we're awful when he's not there. I really love Jaylen but you're rushing things. He's very talented but I see him more like a Derozan type of player which is great still.

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2016, 03:56:33 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76
I've been a regular basher of Jaylen's  defensive positioning (and his screening), but Forsberg notes some interesting stuff about the kid:

The more encouraging sign if you're Stevens is that Brown has been excellent at the other end. Boston's defensive rating is 101.5 when Brown is on the floor, nearly three points lower than the team's season average. What's more, the NBA's defensive tracking data suggests that Brown is limiting opponents to 35.2 percent shooting overall, a whopping 8.4 percent below those players' season average. A teenager just a month ago, Brown's NBA-ready body has allowed him to get physical with more experienced players, and he has limited opponents to 47.4 percent shooting inside of 6 feet, or 21 percent lower than those players' season average.

Brown ranks in the 93rd percentile among all defenders while allowing just 0.716 points per play, according to Synergy Sports data. Narrow the field to all players who have defended at least 95 total plays and Brown ranks 9th in the NBA out of 268 qualifiers. It’s a small sample, but an encouraging one.

He closes out hard on shooters and commits few fouls defending guys on the move. What do you think? Could he be a legitimate elite defender if and when he fully susses defensive schemes?

His stroke from behind the arc has also looked like it's getting better too!! Really excited about Brown and the Jimmy Butler comparison could end up coming true if he continues to develop his game both defensively and offensively.

Love Brown man and I'm so happy he's playing good basketball for us.
Danny landed a good one with this guy and I give Danny credit where credit is due.