Author Topic: PG13 - Will Indiana start thinking?  (Read 4024 times)

PG13 - Will Indiana start thinking?
« on: December 07, 2016, 03:03:37 PM »

Offline TheBigTicket23

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
  • Anything is possible!
From superstars in the league, after Cousins, maybe just maybe Paul George is the most realistic target from top 10 players around the league.

The other topic was about Cousins & George going to Boston, what about just focus in on P. George, he will bring us close to contention. What about this:

To BOS:
- Paul George

To IND:
- Jae Crowder. Crowder was one of my fav players last year with the awesome contract. Last year I felt good when he was in the game, felt he was a positive for the score outcome, this year however I feel our team goes south when he enters, maybe its the level of expectation but it feels like he maxed out a bit. Still a great asset for both Boston or Indy.
- Terry Rozier. Not sure they like this kid but I think he can become a starter in the future on a solid NBA team
- Tyler Zeller. Matching salaries (not allowed until 15/12 if I'm right).
- BKN 2017 pick, ofcourse has to be included
- BOS 2018 pick, we keep the BKN pick.
- MEM 2019 pick, sweeten the pot.

Indy gets a first round pick next 3 years including one top 5 pick. A good starter and asset, a player with solid potential and a filler.

Does Indiana bite or does Jaylen Brown or another pick has to be included?

Then maybe trade for Bogut in exchange for a future first.

Isaiah Thomas
Avery Bradley
Paul George
Al Horford
Andrew Bogut
Bench: Smart, Olynyk, Amir, Jerebko, Brown. In '17 Amir probably goes and Zizic maybe can join.

Re: PG13 - Will Indiana start thinking?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 06:58:28 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
A real rumor, not just a CB proposal:
http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=88020.0

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 07:03:44 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

"Real rumor"? It's from another one of those click bait sites
I'm bitter.

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2016, 07:09:16 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell

"Real rumor"? It's from another one of those click bait sites
Yes, a "real" rumor, if there is such a thing.

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2016, 08:20:11 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Isn't a rumor that comes from an insider more than just a rumor?  Isn't it a potential trade?

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2016, 08:40:17 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Perhaps we could learn the difference between a rumor and speculation. They are not identical.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2016, 09:24:31 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
I'd swap IT , KO and Nets first . 

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2016, 10:16:46 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I would suspect the Pacer would be looking for a package for George more along these lines

Amir
Brown
Rozier
2017 Nets picks

If they are trading George then they are committing to a rebuild around Turner. Brown and Rozier fit into that age grouping and having two high lottery picks in 2017 is a strong move towards their future.

I still do not think the Pacers give up and trade George but youth will be key in any potential trade.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2016, 05:08:50 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532
I would suspect the Pacer would be looking for a package for George more along these lines

Amir
Brown
Rozier
2017 Nets picks

If they are trading George then they are committing to a rebuild around Turner. Brown and Rozier fit into that age grouping and having two high lottery picks in 2017 is a strong move towards their future.

I still do not think the Pacers give up and trade George but youth will be key in any potential trade.
still isn't enough.  Need either the BKN 18 or the BOS 18 and MEM 1st for Indy to even consider that trade.

Paul George is a bonafide star on both ends of the floor. 

That said Indy is not trading Paul George unless he asks to be traded.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2016, 05:53:41 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904

Amir
Brown
Rozier
2017 Nets picks

still isn't enough.  Need either the BKN 18 or the BOS 18 and MEM 1st for Indy to even consider that trade.

Paul George is a bonafide star on both ends of the floor. 

That said Indy is not trading Paul George unless he asks to be traded.

Don't be so sure about that. He's a free agent after next season, and with how things are going the last several years, he's a prime candidate to move. Further, they have two starters that will need paid this summer, which I'm not sure is a smart move at all with how bad they already are. And how else can they seriously improve this summer? They're not getting anyone that matters.

Add to that the fact that they already have a young, franchise center in Turner that's on an entirely different timeline, and if they don't improve much before the trade deadline, I could see Larry seriously considering it.

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2016, 10:52:45 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
George is 26. He can certainly be on Turner's timeline

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2016, 11:15:03 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904

Sure, but he's not staying for his next contract at this rate. They'd have to significantly improve for that to happen, and that just doesn't seem to happen. Small market + not being playoff locks or title contenders = bye bye George.

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2016, 07:00:14 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I don't think Indiana will trade Paul George this year. Maybe next season though.

I expect Bird will want one more go at building this team. The group he has put together at the moment has good potential. They are closer to being a 47-52 win caliber than they look. A few changes here and there. Some growth from Myles Turner. Replace Monta Ellis with a solid starting two guard. Improve their bench.

I think it would be premature to give up on Paul George's Pacers career at this point.

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2016, 08:15:03 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Sure, but he's not staying for his next contract at this rate. They'd have to significantly improve for that to happen, and that just doesn't seem to happen. Small market + not being playoff locks or title contenders = bye bye George.
No one can say that George isn't staying.  Maybe Turner takes a leap this year or next year and looks like a real potential superstar.  Maybe all the new guys and coaches put it together and they win 50 and a playoff round or 2 this season.  Maybe just maybe Paul George actually likes living in Indianapolis.  It isn't a bad city by any means so he might actually like it.  Maybe he just wants the money and Indy can give him more than any other team.  Who knows, but this much is clear, unless Paul George asks to be traded or tells the team he isn't going to re-sign, then Paul George will not be traded.

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2016, 08:38:03 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
I don't think Indiana will trade Paul George this year. Maybe next season though.

I expect Bird will want one more go at building this team. The group he has put together at the moment has good potential. They are closer to being a 47-52 win caliber than they look. A few changes here and there. Some growth from Myles Turner. Replace Monta Ellis with a solid starting two guard. Improve their bench.

I think it would be premature to give up on Paul George's Pacers career at this point.
Yeah, I don't think Bird is quite ready to trade George.  However, that team needs more than a few smaller moves.  They need another legit star to go with George.