Author Topic: Bam Adebayo, have him I must  (Read 6523 times)

Re: Bam Adebayo, have him I must
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2016, 06:38:00 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Like a 6'10 brandon bass... Not as explosive as body may indicate but good athlete. 

10-14 pick range?

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2016, 06:43:42 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I like him as well, big and strong though he does not have polished moves yet.

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2016, 08:24:37 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Reminds me a lot of Biyombo in terms of rawness and physical appearance. However, while Biyombo has a huge wingspan of 7'6", Bam's is only decent at 7'.1.5". His ceiling is probably Emeka Okafor, a player that he also reminds me of in terms of of body type. However, Okafor too has a great wingspan (7'4"), which helped him compensate for ideal center size.

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2016, 08:55:14 AM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
Zizic is a better prospect.  He's biger, more aggressive, rebounds better, he shoots FTs better, and he's already on the team.  Zizic would own Bambam.  Zizic was the best rebounder in an adult pro leauge that has turned out some very nice nba bigs at 18 and he's the best again at 19.  He had better stats them both the Denver Biggs from his league and is doing it at a younger age.  I really think the celtics wanted Zizic here this year but his team said no.

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2016, 08:55:38 AM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
Zizic is a better prospect.  He's biger, more aggressive, rebounds better, he shoots FTs better, and he's already on the team.  Zizic would own Bambam.  Zizic was the best rebounder in an adult pro leauge that has turned out some very nice nba bigs at 18 and he's the best again at 19.  He had better stats them both the Denver Biggs from his league and is doing it at a younger age.  I really think the celtics wanted Zizic here this year but his team said no.

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2016, 09:02:14 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Hm perhaps trade the 18 BRK for him if he's as good as those 18 big men

No way he's better than the top big men in '18. He's not even a top 10 in this draft, can't shoot nor is a shoot blocker. He is like Yabusele but less skilled.
Bam isn't top 10 yet because it is a very strong draft.  Yabu was a projected 2nd rounder that Ainge reached for in a weak draft.  Bam is averaging 1.9 blocks in 25mpg and he moves very well so he does well defending the perimeter.  His shooting isn't bad and he's a pretty good passer. 

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2016, 04:25:22 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Reminds me a lot of Biyombo in terms of rawness and physical appearance. However, while Biyombo has a huge wingspan of 7'6", Bam's is only decent at 7'.1.5". His ceiling is probably Emeka Okafor, a player that he also reminds me of in terms of of body type. However, Okafor too has a great wingspan (7'4"), which helped him compensate for ideal center size.

I do like the Bismack comp, and it's somewhat accurate. Bismack does have longer arms by 4", however Bam jumps out of the gym with an almost 40" vertical, more importantly he has a 33.5" standing vertical same as Westbrook.

The biggest difference is Bams shooting touch and form which looks superb at this stage.

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2016, 04:31:21 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

I do like the Bismack comp, and it's somewhat accurate. Bismack does have longer arms by 4", however Bam jumps out of the gym with an almost 40" vertical, more importantly he has a 33.5" standing vertical same as Westbrook.

The biggest difference is Bams shooting touch and form which looks superb at this stage.

I really question just how valid vertical measurements are to determine a players true in game leaping ability. For example, Mickey had a 33 standing vert with a 37.5 max and he hardly resembles anything to an above the rim player. DeAndre Jordan on the other hand, had a 26 standing vert with a 30.5 max and he's the definition of a rim runner.

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2016, 04:55:30 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
DeAndre Ayton is my dream for the #18 Brooklyn pick he looks like the next big thing.

Yeah I'm with you on that. He looks like he could be the next young C to add to the group of Anthony Davis, KAT, and Cousins (if he can stay healthy).

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2016, 05:34:57 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
DeAndre Ayton is my dream for the #18 Brooklyn pick he looks like the next big thing.

Yeah I'm with you on that. He looks like he could be the next young C to add to the group of Anthony Davis, KAT, and Cousins (if he can stay healthy).

Ayton would probably be the #1 pick in the 16, 17, and 18 draft. The only guy that I think would give him any contention would be Towns.

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2016, 05:48:21 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Bam is a lot stronger physically than Biyombo.   He gets all kinds of fouls for being too strong and knocking over weaker college guys.

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2016, 08:32:39 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

I really question just how valid vertical measurements are to determine a players true in game leaping ability. For example, Mickey had a 33 standing vert with a 37.5 max and he hardly resembles anything to an above the rim player. DeAndre Jordan on the other hand, had a 26 standing vert with a 30.5 max and he's the definition of a rim runner.

Sometimes it comes down to Raw size. Jordan is a full three inches taller than Mickey which makes a big difference. Plus seems that Mickey just isn't that good.

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2016, 08:38:21 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Similar size as Al Horford?

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2016, 08:49:22 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Similar size as Al Horford?
More like Dwight Howard in size and physique but with a shorter wingspan. 

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2016, 07:40:02 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Pretty good looking player.  Not worth trading the unprotected 2018 though.  Not unless the Nets get a lot better in a hurry.