Author Topic: Jayson Tatum (Merged)  (Read 54112 times)

Re: Jason Tatum (Merged)
« Reply #195 on: April 09, 2017, 01:37:31 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Can't lose. Get one? Draft Fultz. Get two? Draft Jackson or Tatum. Get three? Draft Jackson or Tatum. Get four? Draft Isaac.

As for the Jackson vs Tatum debate: Jackson fits the mold of the players we already have. He's a gritty, intense workhorse with tons of upside that doesn't take possessions off a la Smart, Crowder, Brown, Bradley, Amir, and Rozier. He's also got a questionable jump shot. He's a Danny Ainge kinda pick. He'll fit right in. That said... our team can really struggle to put the ball in the hoop, especially when IT is on the bench. While ISOs aren't really Brad Stevens' style, drafting Tatum gives us an opportunity to get another scorer. I look at Tatum and see Melo. Tatum INSTANTLY makes it easier for our second unit to score. That's tough to pass up.

Great point!  He could bring some bully ball to the second unit...a la Melo!

« Reply #196 on: April 09, 2017, 03:22:09 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
Can't lose. Get one? Draft Fultz. Get two? Draft Jackson or Tatum. Get three? Draft Jackson or Tatum. Get four? Draft Isaac.

As for the Jackson vs Tatum debate: Jackson fits the mold of the players we already have. He's a gritty, intense workhorse with tons of upside that doesn't take possessions off a la Smart, Crowder, Brown, Bradley, Amir, and Rozier. He's also got a questionable jump shot. He's a Danny Ainge kinda pick. He'll fit right in. That said... our team can really struggle to put the ball in the hoop, especially when IT is on the bench. While ISOs aren't really Brad Stevens' style, drafting Tatum gives us an opportunity to get another scorer. I look at Tatum and see Melo. Tatum INSTANTLY makes it easier for our second unit to score. That's tough to pass up.

He would bring a guy who can play the 3 or 4 but most importantly is a guy built to be a scoring option. An option that should be able to create on their own. His game is similar to Paul George to me. I think he would be a great add anywhere from 2 - 4.

I also think he game is more smooth than bully but thats me.

« Reply #197 on: April 09, 2017, 04:25:22 PM »

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 614
  • Puns of steel

He would bring a guy who can play the 3 or 4 but most importantly is a guy built to be a scoring option. An option that should be able to create on their own. His game is similar to Paul George to me. I think he would be a great add anywhere from 2 - 4.

I also think he game is more smooth than bully but thats me.

I look at Tatum and see a mix of Smooth / Bully. That's why I see Melo. Melo was never afraid to put his back/shoulder into you, bully you down with his strength and size, then finesse a turnaround jumper. He's not PP34 with the tricks/smooth game, but he's not a blunt object/wrecking ball either. I like the Paul George comparison, but I think Tatum is more naturally offense geared than George is.
My biases, in order of fervor:
Pro:
Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Kemba, Grant Williams, Sleepy Williams, Edwards!

Anti:
Kanter, Semi, Theis, Poierier

« Reply #198 on: April 09, 2017, 04:32:54 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I look at Tatum and see a mix of Smooth / Bully. That's why I see Melo

He also does not play the best D which is another Melo trait.

« Reply #199 on: April 09, 2017, 04:33:57 PM »

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 614
  • Puns of steel
I look at Tatum and see a mix of Smooth / Bully. That's why I see Melo

He also does not play the best D which is another Melo trait.

agreed.
My biases, in order of fervor:
Pro:
Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Kemba, Grant Williams, Sleepy Williams, Edwards!

Anti:
Kanter, Semi, Theis, Poierier

« Reply #200 on: April 10, 2017, 04:24:47 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell

« Reply #201 on: April 10, 2017, 04:33:32 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #202 on: April 10, 2017, 04:47:51 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
Wow...The Ringer has him at #9... :-[ :-[ :-[

https://theringer.com/ringer-nba-draft-lottery-big-board-version-5-0-2c36dc7c02cf

I think Turks really doesnt like him thus the low rating.

« Reply #203 on: April 11, 2017, 09:02:10 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
FYI - this should be a STICKY TOPIC.

« Reply #204 on: May 27, 2017, 03:04:01 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Its no surprise that the Celtics have strong interest. Wonder if Danny is considering using the pick for tatum

https://youtu.be/H-p0T2WhXM8

« Reply #205 on: May 27, 2017, 08:46:32 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Has anyone made a comparison of this kid to the Greek Freak? Just saw his highlights again. I hope Ainge is not having regrets of not drafting the Freak and trying therefore to talk himself into Tatum because Fultz is better.

« Reply #206 on: May 27, 2017, 09:16:18 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/duncdon/2017/05/17/lotto-mania-sasgsw-game-2-jayson-tatum-scouting-report

At 34:54 Nate Duncan and Danny Leroux give a scouting report on Jayson Tatum.

« Reply #207 on: June 01, 2017, 09:30:19 AM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
I see late career Shane Battier. Or maybe I just have Miami Heat playoffs Shane Battier stuck in my head where he couldn't miss a shot.

« Reply #208 on: June 12, 2017, 09:11:31 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Suns work out Duke's Jayson Tatum in Los Angeles (2 days ago)

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nba/suns/2017/06/10/suns-work-out-dukes-jayson-tatum-los-angeles/387017001/

Not much noise otherwise regarding Tatum

« Reply #209 on: June 12, 2017, 09:13:30 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Op or admin change to Jayson Tatum (Merged)