Author Topic: Jayson Tatum (Merged)  (Read 53798 times)

Re: Jason Tatum (Merged)
« Reply #165 on: March 18, 2017, 08:52:27 AM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
Tatum was in beast mode last night.
Would be very happy see him in green next year.

« Reply #166 on: March 18, 2017, 09:25:13 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Triboy I agree with you that Jackson a better pro prospect but you lose credibility when you try to make this point by disparaging Tatum's athleticism and stats. Tatum should be a very good pro.

I agree with this. When you start making things up out of the thin blue sky you lose credibility. Both Jackson and Tatum are known prospects. They are both fairly equal prospects. Making things up Tatum's aggressiveness is totally unneccessary. Not being aggressive in a few 1st halfs is not like he disappeared altogether. If aything he was over aggressive early in the season.

We get it you like Jackson the most. I like Tatum as the 2nd best prospect and i dont understand why people like Isaac more than either prospect but i dont make up things about either prospect to make Tatum look better. All players are what they are and all you can do is look at the player to see how they have progressed over time.

Lets not make up things to try and prop up guys

I like Isaac more for OUR team.  He is a big man that can block shots and there is NO ONE in the country that can guard one on one like him, especially with his length.  Mark it down, he will be a GREAT NBA player!!  It may take 1-3 years, but he WILL be SPECIAL.  I will gladly eat those words in 3.5 years!!!!

Smitty77

P.S.  I don't know how anyone can compare the athleticism of Tatum to Jackson.  Not even close.
Jackson is a much better athlete, but lets not act like Tatum is a bad athlete. For a player with his size he is pretty athletic and will be no worse than a good NBA athlete.

Also where is Isaac in your rankings? 2nd? 3rd?

blocks and steals arent that important, but Tatum averages 1.1 steas 1.3 block. Isaac: 1.1 and 1.5

I am going by my viewing games and watching his perimeter D.  FAR better than anything Tatum could do, due to athletic ability, height, reach, wingspan, and quickness.

Smitty77

And how does any of that translate to the offensive end?

First, our team needs more D this year.  We are scoring just fine!!!  Isaac is VERY unselfish as a recent article indicates.  He is ONLY taking around 8 shots per game, but is shooting 50.2% and 79.6% at the line, which is outstanding for a guy that is 6'11"!!!!  Isaac also plays exactly 7.5 LESS minutes per game on average than Tatum.  Tatum takes around 12.6 shots per game and is shooting 45.3%.

Smitty77

We need both. You certainly need someone that can create a shot because the team is over reliant on IT to do that. If he is what you say he is why cant he create more shots? How does he have any game where he takes only 2 shots?

So many of you Isaac fans just totally ignore flaws in his game. Every player has them. Instead of just saying he cant create good looks for himself hes unselfish.

I think it's really just one Isaac fan.

I will GLADLY stand on the mountain by MYSELF on this one and hopefully say a LOT of "I told you so's" in a few years.  He will be an All-NBA defender or very close in 3 to 4 years.  As I said, he is the best lock up defender on the perimeter (and pretty dang good in the paint, especially for his weight and strength level at this juncture!!!) I have seen in the last 10 year in college basketball!!

BTW, did ANYONE see his two blocks to seal the game in the first round vs. FGC??

He put up 17 points on 5/8 shooting, 10 rebounds, 5 assists and only 2 TO's (great assist/TO rate for a big man), 3 blocks (two HUGE ones in the last 2 minutes), and 2 steals.

Just watch him in the Big Dance!!!!

Smitty77

« Reply #167 on: March 18, 2017, 11:15:42 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Just watched yesterday's The Jump...

Jason Williams said that Tatum is the best NBA prospect in the tournament:

Best isolation scorer BY FAR.
Better than Brandon Ingram.
Will hit "pro shots".
Worked with Jabari Parker for four days this summer...and was the better player on at least two of those days.

I would not be mad at Tatum in green next year.

Yes Tatum is like another Parker...for better and the worst

Parker's two biggest weaknesses have been injuries and defense. I don't have those same concerns with Tatum.

Parkeresque defense...
https://youtu.be/e1vwEar0WjA

« Reply #168 on: March 18, 2017, 11:24:17 AM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
Triboy I agree with you that Jackson a better pro prospect but you lose credibility when you try to make this point by disparaging Tatum's athleticism and stats. Tatum should be a very good pro.

I agree with this. When you start making things up out of the thin blue sky you lose credibility. Both Jackson and Tatum are known prospects. They are both fairly equal prospects. Making things up Tatum's aggressiveness is totally unneccessary. Not being aggressive in a few 1st halfs is not like he disappeared altogether. If aything he was over aggressive early in the season.

We get it you like Jackson the most. I like Tatum as the 2nd best prospect and i dont understand why people like Isaac more than either prospect but i dont make up things about either prospect to make Tatum look better. All players are what they are and all you can do is look at the player to see how they have progressed over time.

I like Isaac more for OUR team.  He is a big man that can block shots and there is NO ONE in the country that can guard one on one like him, especially with his length.  Mark it down, he will be a GREAT NBA player!!  It may take 1-3 years, but he WILL be SPECIAL.  I will gladly eat those words in 3.5 years!!!!

Smitty77

P.S.  I don't know how anyone can compare the athleticism of Tatum to Jackson.  Not even close.
Jackson is a much better athlete, but lets not act like Tatum is a bad athlete. For a player with his size he is pretty athletic and will be no worse than a good NBA athlete.

blocks and steals arent that important, but Tatum averages 1.1 steas 1.3 block. Isaac: 1.1 and 1.5

I am going by my viewing games and watching his perimeter D.  FAR better than anything Tatum could do, due to athletic ability, height, reach, wingspan, and quickness.

Smitty77

First, our team needs more D this year.  We are scoring just fine!!!  Isaac is VERY unselfish as a recent article indicates.  He is ONLY taking around 8 shots per game, but is shooting 50.2% and 79.6% at the line, which is outstanding for a guy that is 6'11"!!!!  Isaac also plays exactly 7.5 LESS minutes per game on average than Tatum.  Tatum takes around 12.6 shots per game and is shooting 45.3%.

Smitty77

We need both. You certainly need someone that can create a shot because the team is over reliant on IT to do that. If he is what you say he is why cant he create more shots? How does he have any game where he takes only 2 shots?

So many of you Isaac fans just totally ignore flaws in his game. Every player has them. Instead of just saying he cant create good looks for himself hes unselfish.

I will GLADLY stand on the mountain by MYSELF on this one and hopefully say a LOT of "I told you so's" in a few years.  He will be an All-NBA defender or very close in 3 to 4 years.  As I said, he is the best lock up defender on the perimeter (and pretty dang good in the paint, especially for his weight and strength level at this juncture!!!) I have seen in the last 10 year in college basketball!!

BTW, did ANYONE see his two blocks to seal the game in the first round vs. FGC??

He put up 17 points on 5/8 shooting, 10 rebounds, 5 assists and only 2 TO's (great assist/TO rate for a big man), 3 blocks (two HUGE ones in the last 2 minutes), and 2 steals.

Smitty77

You want us to get excited about what a guy did in the 1st round of the Tourney? Sorry but the Tourney is going to have very little impact on how i view any of these players.

« Reply #169 on: March 18, 2017, 11:45:44 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269

Smitty77

Smitty77

Smitty77

Smitty77

You want us to get excited about what a guy did in the 1st round of the Tourney? Sorry but the Tourney is going to have very little impact on how i view any of these players.

NO!!!  I WANT you to get excited about actually watching him play perimeter D!!!  Try it out.  I think you will come away impressed if you know anything about perimeter D!!

Smitty77

« Reply #170 on: March 18, 2017, 12:13:38 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30

Smitty77

Smitty77

Smitty77

Smitty77

NO!!!  I WANT you to get excited about actually watching him play perimeter D!!!  Try it out.  I think you will come away impressed if you know anything about perimeter D!!

Smitty77

I have watched him a few times and he doesnt excite me at all. Yes he is a good perimeter defender but his game doesnt excite me enough to take him top 4 this year.

« Reply #171 on: March 18, 2017, 05:01:43 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Jayson Tatum scores 18 to help Duke roll Troy. 3 blocks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4koK-lZB3iY

« Reply #172 on: March 19, 2017, 11:03:36 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Duke down by 8 with less than 2 min to go

Tatum 5-10 and only 12 pts

« Reply #173 on: March 19, 2017, 11:20:36 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Duke season ends

S. Carolina 88 Duke 81

Tatum 15 pts
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 05:04:45 AM by triboy16f »

« Reply #174 on: March 20, 2017, 12:06:54 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Anybody catch the upset last night?

« Reply #175 on: March 20, 2017, 12:08:00 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

I watched a lot of the game but was switching back and forth. I have to say that Tatum reminds me of a poor man's Otto Porter. I thought Grayson Allen looked pretty decent for a guy that we could get in the second round.

« Reply #176 on: March 20, 2017, 12:19:25 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

I watched a lot of the game but was switching back and forth. I have to say that Tatum reminds me of a poor man's Otto Porter. I thought Grayson Allen looked pretty decent for a guy that we could get in the second round.

I agree...or Jabari Parker

« Reply #177 on: March 20, 2017, 12:23:16 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Tatum is much more advanced that Porter was at the same age and I think Tatum is more polished, but less athletic than Jabari.

Plus, if Jabari didnt have 2 devastating injuries already in his career he could easily be an all-star by now.

I wouldnt mind a healthy Jabari Parker, especially as Tatum is likely to be a better defender.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #178 on: March 20, 2017, 12:36:11 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Tatum is much more advanced that Porter was at the same age and I think Tatum is more polished, but less athletic than Jabari.

Plus, if Jabari didnt have 2 devastating injuries already in his career he could easily be an all-star by now.

I wouldnt mind a healthy Jabari Parker, especially as Tatum is likely to be a better defender.

I agree on both.  I totally wouldn't mind an Otto Porter with playmaking ability.  Tatum has incredible court vision for a PF.  He makes multiple passes a game that have a very high degree of difficulty.  Honestly, Tatum has more Ben Simmons in his game than he does Otto Porter.  If we want to make ridiculous comps, I'll say Tatum is a less athletic Simmons.  He can be a point-forward in the future.

« Reply #179 on: March 20, 2017, 12:39:05 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261

I agree on both.  I totally wouldn't mind an Otto Porter with playmaking ability.  Tatum has incredible court vision for a PF.  He makes multiple passes a game that have a very high degree of difficulty.  Honestly, Tatum has more Ben Simmons in his game than he does Otto Porter.  If we want to make ridiculous comps, I'll say Tatum is a less athletic Simmons.  He can be a point-forward in the future.

Interesting Salty, I haven't seen that level of playmaking from Tatum, certainly not at the level I see it from Jackson.  He's a much better shooter than Simmons though.