Author Topic: Jayson Tatum (Merged)  (Read 53797 times)

Re: Jason Tatum (Merged)
« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2017, 10:14:45 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
In my eyes Tatum is the #2 player on my board. The separation between him and Fultz is kind of like Simmons/Ingram last season. Jackson is a close 3rd behind him. Lonzo and DSJR in the mix for 4th

« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2017, 10:39:22 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
He looked good... stretch 4 at 6"8....but more of a stronger, bigger frame than Ingram.   
Diggles

« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2017, 10:42:15 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I love the fact that we are garunteed to get one of Fultz, Ball, Jackson, Tatum.

and if none of those guys do it for you, we can pick Jonathan Isaac, who would have maybe gone #2 last season.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #78 on: February 23, 2017, 09:31:09 PM »

Offline MaxAMillion

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 16
He reminds me of a slightly more athletic Nicolas Batum. I think he Tatum will be a good all around player for years to come.

« Reply #79 on: February 24, 2017, 11:43:13 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
WHY is NO ONE talking about John Collins from Wake Forest University?

He just DOMINATED Jason Tatum and Duke AT Duke!!  He had 31 and 15 boards on 13-18 shooting (72.2%).  Tatum had 19 and 7 on 6-11 shooting (54.5%).

Collins is the real deal!!!

Smitty77

COLLINS is 16 in the latest Draft Express mock, so SOME PEOPLE are TALKING about him!!!!

PAY BETTER ATTENTION AND STOP SHOUTING!!!

Cant shoot, skinny, cant jump, cant pass

Decent work ethic , long winspan/reach, good rebounder, mobile

Pass for me

« Reply #80 on: February 24, 2017, 11:54:39 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
In my eyes Tatum is the #2 player on my board. The separation between him and Fultz is kind of like Simmons/Ingram last season. Jackson is a close 3rd behind him. Lonzo and DSJR in the mix for 4th
I agree with this. After watching the Syracuse/Duke game I started thinking that Tatum could challenge for the top spot with a good tournament. He's really long, has excellent footwork and a strong bball IQ for someone his age. He's a natural born scorer and guys like that who can defend their position often have a chance to become stars.

It would be great if Jackson or Tatum improved their play and challenged for the top spot in the draft. With how many good pgs there are in the league I think it is more valuable to draft a great wing than a great guard. Bringing in a wing would also be good for roster balance. If we draft a guard, someone on the current roster has got to go. If we draft a wing that player could fit in for development minutes anywhere from 2-4.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #81 on: February 24, 2017, 12:05:37 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
See the appeal of Tatum. But I like Jackson significantly more. Moves real well without the ball. Always thinking on court. Think he's a more transcendent player than Tatum.

« Reply #82 on: March 03, 2017, 03:26:54 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I just binged on Tatum highlights, I am full. Tatum>Ball.

« Reply #83 on: March 03, 2017, 10:35:28 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
I just binged on Tatum highlights, I am full. Tatum>Ball.

You should watch some of the games on espn replay online

« Reply #84 on: March 03, 2017, 10:43:29 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 375
I don't watch Tatum often, but when I do, he makes no effort on help defense.  None!  It's totally small sample size, but I saw this from him on two occasions. Once, he didn't run back after his teammate turned it over and just gave up the dunk.  He had an opportunity for a LeBron type of catch up block and didn't even try.  Another time a player got by a teammate and he was 2.5 feet away from him in the lane and the guy went up for a layup and Tatum gave zero effort to try to block the shot.  It was unlikely, but not impossible, that he would've affected the shot, but the zero effort turned me off.  I much prefer Josh Jackson.

« Reply #85 on: March 10, 2017, 09:17:43 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
87% free throw shooter this season? Impressive. Good sign he will be efficient shooter in NBA.

« Reply #86 on: March 10, 2017, 09:20:44 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
If we bottom out with 4th pick, he will likely be available. Takes a lot of the stress out of the lottery. He should be a decent NBA player.

« Reply #87 on: March 10, 2017, 10:42:10 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
If we bottom out with 4th pick, he will likely be available. Takes a lot of the stress out of the lottery. He should be a decent NBA player.

I wouldnt be to sure that he does make it to 4. I think you have to be top 3 to make sure you get him.

« Reply #88 on: March 11, 2017, 09:59:39 PM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
Close call vs Jackson

« Reply #89 on: March 11, 2017, 11:02:17 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
Tatum has been real impressive all ACC tourney.  I think he will be challenging for the top spot soon, he is a real impressive player.

For me my top 5 are:
1.) Tatum
2.) Fultz
3.) Jackson
4.) Ball
5.) Isaac
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby