Author Topic: Jayson Tatum (Merged)  (Read 53814 times)

Re: Jason Tatum (Merged)
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2017, 12:59:53 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Every game I have watched him he looks lost on D.   He can score but he is a one way player folks.

Likely a 3 as his lack of great foot speed limits his effectiveness off the dribble, and his size and shooting fits the 3 position ...
Lacks strength for physical play at higher levels but should add strength in time …

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/jayson-tatum

He won't be ready from day one.  I got the same feeling watching Dunn last year and he has been scary in terms of not living up to hype.   I correspondingly hope we don't draft him.

A one way player based on what? He isnt a playmaker, yes like any player he misses defensive assignments but lets not pretend he doesnt rebound well, doesnt create more shots off the bounce for guys, plays the passing lanes well, and can block shots at a decent rate.

Which players are going to be ready day one? I can only count one Fultz. That's it. And who really cares about the hype. Jaylen had no hype and Ingram had a ton but look at what they both have produced so far.

The only guy that doesnt have very noticeable weaknesses is Fultz all the rest have sure fire question marks. Its a matter of if you want to recognize them or not.

I think Jackson more than Fultz will be ready from day one.

« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2017, 01:21:19 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
Every game I have watched him he looks lost on D.   He can score but he is a one way player folks.

Likely a 3 as his lack of great foot speed limits his effectiveness off the dribble, and his size and shooting fits the 3 position ...
Lacks strength for physical play at higher levels but should add strength in time …

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/jayson-tatum

He won't be ready from day one.  I got the same feeling watching Dunn last year and he has been scary in terms of not living up to hype.   I correspondingly hope we don't draft him.

A one way player based on what? He isnt a playmaker, yes like any player he misses defensive assignments but lets not pretend he doesnt rebound well, doesnt create more shots off the bounce for guys, plays the passing lanes well, and can block shots at a decent rate.

Which players are going to be ready day one? I can only count one Fultz. That's it. And who really cares about the hype. Jaylen had no hype and Ingram had a ton but look at what they both have produced so far.

The only guy that doesnt have very noticeable weaknesses is Fultz all the rest have sure fire question marks. Its a matter of if you want to recognize them or not.

I think Jackson more than Fultz will be ready from day one.

Ok I will give you Jackson

« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2017, 01:22:40 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I like Tatum 4th over Isaac.

No way Id take him over Jackson and the consensus seems to be the Fultz and Ball are a level ahead of him.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2017, 01:31:19 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
It is incredible that Tatum is considered a worst case scenario pick for us. I like him a lot better than Jaylen Brown and see him as a Paul Pierce/Caron Butler type player.

JT would have gone in the top three in the past 7 drafts. This one is just particularly loaded.

Agree.  I think he's a better than average NBA athlete, and the description of him needing strength is true of most prospects.  He's more solidly built than Jackson, but not as athletic (few are though).

« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2017, 05:40:17 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
WHY is NO ONE talking about John Collins from Wake Forest University?

He just DOMINATED Jason Tatum and Duke AT Duke!!  He had 31 and 15 boards on 13-18 shooting (72.2%).  Tatum had 19 and 7 on 6-11 shooting (54.5%).

Collins is the real deal!!!

Smitty77

« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2017, 06:04:03 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell

He just DOMINATED Jason Tatum and Duke AT Duke!!  He had 31 and 15 boards on 13-18 shooting (72.2%).  Tatum had 19 and 7 on 6-11 shooting (54.5%).

Smitty77

COLLINS is 16 in the latest Draft Express mock, so SOME PEOPLE are TALKING about him!!!!

PAY BETTER ATTENTION AND STOP SHOUTING!!!

« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2017, 06:13:00 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54

Smitty77

COLLINS is 16 in the latest Draft Express mock, so SOME PEOPLE are TALKING about him!!!!

Chill dawg! 

Collins doesn't have the ceiling that Isaac or Tatum have.  Let's not rank players based on one game.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2017, 06:15:27 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

Smitty77

First of all chilidawg, I will shout whenever and however often that I want to do so!!!  Second, Collins is 16th in draftexpress.com, but only 23rd on nbadraft.net.  I do keep up and pay attention probably FAR MORE than you do!!!  Yes, I just shouted.  Did I hurt your feelings?  Do you need to go to your safe place chilidawg?:-)))

Another guy getting absolutely NO respect by your sited draftexpress.com is Caleb Swanigan who is NOT even listed in their top 60.  He is JUST averaging about 19 points, 13 boards, 2.7 assists, and 1 block and shooting 54.2% and 47.5% from three and 77.7% at the line!!

It is NOT called shouting.  It is called PASSION.  I am SO VERY SORRY if I in some way hurt your feelings chilidawg.

Smitty77
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 06:26:02 PM by Smitty77 »

« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2017, 06:34:38 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
My feelings are just fine, just giving you a little **** for your posting style.

« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2017, 07:08:17 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286

Smitty77

because this is the Jason Tatum thread?   :)

« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2017, 07:11:51 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

Smitty77

First of all chilidawg, I will shout whenever and however often that I want to do so!!!  Second, Collins is 16th in draftexpress.com, but only 23rd on nbadraft.net.  I do keep up and pay attention probably FAR MORE than you do!!!  Yes, I just shouted.  Did I hurt your feelings?  Do you need to go to your safe place chilidawg?:-)))

Another guy getting absolutely NO respect by your sited draftexpress.com is Caleb Swanigan who is NOT even listed in their top 60.  He is JUST averaging about 19 points, 13 boards, 2.7 assists, and 1 block and shooting 54.2% and 47.5% from three and 77.7% at the line!!

It is NOT called shouting.  It is called PASSION.  I am SO VERY SORRY if I in some way hurt your feelings chilidawg.

Smitty77
DraftExpress has Swanigan at #26.   

« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2017, 07:16:17 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
My feelings are just fine, just giving you a little **** for your posting style.

I deserve that:-))

Smitty77

P.S.  What do you think of Swanigan chilidawg??

« Reply #72 on: February 18, 2017, 07:28:06 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Smitty77

Smitty77

Swanigan is currently #26 on DraftExpress.  I don't watch enough college ball to know if he should be higher, but he is far from being left out
I'm bitter.

« Reply #73 on: February 18, 2017, 08:48:29 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

Smitty77

Smitty77

Swanigan is currently #26 on DraftExpress.  I don't watch enough college ball to know if he should be higher, but he is far from being left out

My bad bitter jim.  I missed that.

Thanks buddy!!

Smitty77

« Reply #74 on: February 19, 2017, 11:51:09 AM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
It is incredible that Tatum is considered a worst case scenario pick for us. I like him a lot better than Jaylen Brown and see him as a Paul Pierce/Caron Butler type player.

JT would have gone in the top three in the past 7 drafts. This one is just particularly loaded.

Agree.  I think he's a better than average NBA athlete, and the description of him needing strength is true of most prospects.  He's more solidly built than Jackson, but not as athletic (few are though).

Great points.