Author Topic: Jayson Tatum (Merged)  (Read 53781 times)

Re: Jason Tatum suck he does not
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2016, 01:26:37 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
We have JB but JT does not suck.

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2016, 02:49:43 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Like him but my binkies in this draft are Giles and Markennan
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2016, 03:13:07 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Markkanen nice.  Looks like KO but with the hustle. Goes to the basket too and can pass.

KO really hasn't changed much since college

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbqIfvu79NQ

Markkanen looks similar but with a little more hustle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=armVa4hYLvI
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 03:19:58 AM by walker834 »

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2016, 07:40:17 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Markkanen looks skilled but the dude moves and his shot are slower than pond water.

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2016, 08:37:01 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Tatum is like a paul piece type athlete. Solid looking player. But Brown has a higher ceiling... Celts need to add top top level talents preferably at the pf spot

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2016, 08:39:03 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Markkanen looks skilled but the dude moves and his shot are slower than pond water.

Exactly... I like hartenstein

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2016, 08:58:36 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Well I think he'll be a lot faster once he gets to pro level; he has a pretty good work ethic and he's quite a cerebral player
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2016, 09:07:57 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Not bad.  Hartenstein is getting a lot of hype too and seems like he has a bit more upside.  I don't think we need either with KO here.  I'm not even sure after this year we need KO with Yab stashed and jerebko.

Could be a decent later pick if we  made a trade and need a replacement.  Ainge finds these guys later though.  Not sure he is worth it that high. Or we even need another pf who plays outside.

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2016, 09:12:22 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Tatum is good because he could be an actual star but young as well. I'm not sure I want that with Jaylen here.  Jaylen does not suck.  If we make a run at hayward that makes more sense.  If we can't get him or make a trade though Tatum is an option.

Tatum does not suck. I more question how he makes sense for the celtics.

« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2016, 09:25:02 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Markennan may stay in school and improve his stock. He's soft on defense and not very athletic. I would hope DA would pass on him if we get a top 5 pick.

« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2016, 09:35:44 AM »

Offline sahara

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 84
Markennan may stay in school and improve his stock. He's soft on defense and not very athletic. I would hope DA would pass on him if we get a top 5 pick.

ikr?

« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2016, 09:38:18 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
here is a nice analysis of tatum's offense. i am impressed and right now would not mind him being a celtic.

http://www.libertyballers.com/2016/12/21/14032790/future-sixers-jayson-tatum-is-a-star-in-the-making-w-gifs

I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2016, 09:53:26 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
ikr?

He may look great in that pic but watch the tape, it takes a lot of time for him to gather himself for a jump.  That means slow jumper.   Dennis Rodmen could not jump the highest but he read the ball well and was fast off his feet, which is sometimes more important than one big jump.

They note this as well here.

Weaknesses: His wingspan is average and that limits him on both ends of the floor… He is a good but not an elite athlete… He needs time to gather before jumping and that could hurt him at the next level… He could add a little more weight to be able to stand the physicality of the next level… His back to the basket game isn’t completely there yet… He doesn’t always establish position in the post and has problems doing it against physical players… He could improve his ball handling to be more effective on Isolation situations… His shooting mechanics are excellent, but his shooting release is a little slow, which gives his opponents time to contest his shot… Consistency is an issue, since he still has the tendency to disappear for long stretches of games … At times he is a little passive on offense and doesn’t always ask for the ball… Just an average passer for now… Off ball Defense needs work, since at times he is too focused on the ball and loses sight of the player he is guarding… He must improve on Post Defense, learn how to use his body and not get bullied by physical players… Weak side defense is also an issue since at times he is just a step too slow to help… It’s really difficult to imagine him becoming an elite shot blocker due to his average wingspan and inability to jump high from a standing position … He has problems defending when he is asked to switch and has to guard an explosive perimeter player since his lateral quickness is just OK for now…

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/lauri-markkanen

So one pic, does little to prove your point, especially given the nuances of scouting.

Tatum is a glorified TJ Warren
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2016, 12:15:04 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 Tatum is a little more athletic and has more upside, but he's very similar to TJ Warren on the Sun's.

Both 6'7" shoes off with some a 6'10" wingspan for both of them.

Both dynamic, tall, skilled, mid range scorers and Ball handlers like Evan Turner.

They are not really athletically gifted either, but they hold there own.

BTW. Warren is coming into his own thus year avg over 15 ppg, here he goes for 30 points.

https://youtu.be/J6SntQLkhSk

Re: Tatum is a glorified TJ Warren
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2016, 02:52:58 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
You really can't compare the two especially Tatum being so much younger and not being healthy early. Tatum is 10x the prospect