Author Topic: Jayson Tatum (Merged)  (Read 54244 times)

Re: Jason Tatum (Merged)
« Reply #90 on: March 11, 2017, 11:29:09 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Tatum has been real impressive all ACC tourney.  I think he will be challenging for the top spot soon, he is a real impressive player.

For me my top 5 are:
1.) Tatum
2.) Fultz
3.) Jackson
4.) Ball
5.) Isaac

I would still take Fultz and Jackson before Tatum.

« Reply #91 on: March 12, 2017, 01:37:55 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

TP Footney. Great poster so here is 500.

« Reply #92 on: March 12, 2017, 01:48:09 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
If you're Ainge, you have to comfortably take him ahead of Jackson. He's the better player right now, resembles our beloved Pierce in his style, fills a need and would complement Jaylen well (in contrast to Jackson), and seems like a solid human being (in contrast to Jackson). Could rank him as high as #2 given how crazy Ball's father appears to be.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #93 on: March 12, 2017, 09:58:10 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
He's the real deal.  Had an excellent ACC tournament.

« Reply #94 on: March 12, 2017, 10:21:17 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
If you're Ainge, you have to comfortably take him ahead of Jackson. He's the better player right now, resembles our beloved Pierce in his style, fills a need and would complement Jaylen well (in contrast to Jackson), and seems like a solid human being (in contrast to Jackson). Could rank him as high as #2 given how crazy Ball's father appears to be.
Yup though Jackson is still my choice at 2, I believe DA would take Tatum. Good size and scoring. He is also crafty on defense as much as offense by picking his spots. See a blend of Melo and Pierce in his game. His floor is probably Tobias Harris.

« Reply #95 on: March 12, 2017, 10:32:30 AM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
Tatum has been real impressive all ACC tourney.  I think he will be challenging for the top spot soon, he is a real impressive player.

For me my top 5 are:
1.) Tatum
2.) Fultz
3.) Jackson
4.) Ball
5.) Isaac

I would still take Fultz and Jackson before Tatum.

Tatums scoring versatility and above average defense and rebounding has him #1 for me.  I think getting someone who can score like him would be a huge addition to our team and he fits so well with Brown. 
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #96 on: March 12, 2017, 10:46:23 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
WHY is NO ONE talking about John Collins from Wake Forest University?

He just DOMINATED Jason Tatum and Duke AT Duke!!  He had 31 and 15 boards on 13-18 shooting (72.2%).  Tatum had 19 and 7 on 6-11 shooting (54.5%).

Collins is the real deal!!!

Smitty77

COLLINS is 16 in the latest Draft Express mock, so SOME PEOPLE are TALKING about him!!!!

PAY BETTER ATTENTION AND STOP SHOUTING!!!

Cant shoot, skinny, cant jump, cant pass

Decent work ethic , long winspan/reach, good rebounder, mobile

Pass for me

How much have you seen him play triboy?  He has, by far, the highest PER, of ANY player on the draft board, and it is NOT even close!!!

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2017/

Smitty77

P.S. Up to #15 on Draft Express.

« Reply #97 on: March 12, 2017, 10:47:55 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
WHY is NO ONE talking about John Collins from Wake Forest University?

He just DOMINATED Jason Tatum and Duke AT Duke!!  He had 31 and 15 boards on 13-18 shooting (72.2%).  Tatum had 19 and 7 on 6-11 shooting (54.5%).

Collins is the real deal!!!

Smitty77

COLLINS is 16 in the latest Draft Express mock, so SOME PEOPLE are TALKING about him!!!!

PAY BETTER ATTENTION AND STOP SHOUTING!!!

Cant shoot, skinny, cant jump, cant pass

Decent work ethic , long winspan/reach, good rebounder, mobile

Pass for me

62% FG and 74% at the line.  This guy knows what his strengths are and plays close to them!!

Smitty77

« Reply #98 on: March 12, 2017, 10:48:44 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Tatum was NOT even the best player in the ACC Championship game OR the tourney.  Colson WAS.

Smitty77

« Reply #99 on: March 12, 2017, 10:56:18 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Colson was first-team All-ACC and Tatum was third-team.

Here is what Colson did:

Notre Dame’s Colson leads all ACC players with 18 double-doubles this season, including 10 in conference play. The 6-foot-5 junior from New Bedford, Massachusetts, leads the league in rebounding at 10.4 per game and is the 10th leading scorer at 17.0 points per game. In leading the Fighting Irish to a 23-8 overall mark and a No. 3 ACC Tournament seed, Colson has posted seven 20-point, 10-rebound performances this year. All seven of those performances have come against Power 5 conference teams, including four ACC opponents.

http://www.theacc.com/news/acc-announces-all-conference-team-postseason-awards-03-05-2017

Colson was clearly the better player in the game last night.

Does he have the best NBA up-side?  No!!  But, I don't think Tatum is a great athlete even at the college level and that will be multiplied at the NBA level!!

Smitty77

« Reply #100 on: March 12, 2017, 11:22:14 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Tatum was NOT even the best player in the ACC Championship game OR the tourney.  Colson WAS.

Smitty77

TP, Smitty. I mention him often in the Draft Prospects on TV thread.

this is what I said last night:

Bonzie Colson so far the best player on the floor against Duke in ACC Championship game halfway through the second half.

The New Bedford guy is ballin'.

EDIT: I jinxed him. Sprained his ankle with 8 min to go.....came back in after a few possessions after walking it off in the tunnel, but did nothing after that.

ND would've had a great chance to win if Bonzie didn't get hurt.

« Reply #101 on: March 12, 2017, 11:41:32 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

TP Footney. Great poster so here is 500.

Thanks, KG.  Much appreciated.

« Reply #102 on: March 12, 2017, 11:46:48 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
The guys is a nice offensive player and an inconsistent defensive player.   That is main thing that scares me about Tatum.

This video at the 4:30 mark pretty sums up his defensive lapses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq85pUU6hfM

« Reply #103 on: March 12, 2017, 11:49:46 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550

Here is what Colson did:

Notre Dame’s Colson leads all ACC players with 18 double-doubles this season, including 10 in conference play. The 6-foot-5 junior from New Bedford, Massachusetts, leads the league in rebounding at 10.4 per game and is the 10th leading scorer at 17.0 points per game. In leading the Fighting Irish to a 23-8 overall mark and a No. 3 ACC Tournament seed, Colson has posted seven 20-point, 10-rebound performances this year. All seven of those performances have come against Power 5 conference teams, including four ACC opponents.

http://www.theacc.com/news/acc-announces-all-conference-team-postseason-awards-03-05-2017

Does he have the best NBA up-side?  No!!  But, I don't think Tatum is a great athlete even at the college level and that will be multiplied at the NBA level!!

Smitty77
Pierce wasn't a great athlete either.  Tatum is certainly a good enough athlete, especially since he'll be playing PF quite a bit.  He's got a good overall skillset and doesn't rely on his athleticism.  He's also stepped up to be a key cog on a very loaded Duke team. 

« Reply #104 on: March 12, 2017, 12:41:45 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261

Here is what Colson did:

Smitty77
Pierce wasn't a great athlete either.  Tatum is certainly a good enough athlete, especially since he'll be playing PF quite a bit.  He's got a good overall skillset and doesn't rely on his athleticism.  He's also stepped up to be a key cog on a very loaded Duke team.

That block/rebound/full court dribble/finish sequence in the last minute looked pretty f****** athletic to me.