Author Topic: Jayson Tatum (Merged)  (Read 53784 times)

Re: Jayson Tatum (Merged)
« Reply #240 on: June 04, 2018, 09:02:00 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
Yowzah...the number of amazingly wrong pre-draft hot takes about what kind of pro Tatum would be are astounding.

Yep. But hey it happens.

« Reply #241 on: June 04, 2018, 09:55:52 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Yowzah...the number of amazingly wrong pre-draft hot takes about what kind of pro Tatum would be are astounding.

I’m pretty pleased that I hyped his playmaking and passing in this thread, as that really started to show up as the year progressed.  His defense surprised me as to how ready it was for the NBA, however.

« Reply #242 on: June 08, 2018, 04:47:17 PM »

Online rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
H/t CelticsElite

Some Front Office Members Encouraged Bryan Colangelo To Consider Passing On Markelle Fultz

Markelle Fultz reportedly struggled in his workout with the Philadelphia 76ers last June, which league sources say caused some members of the front office to take a second look at drafting Jayson Tatum or Lonzo Ball. The 76ers were in the process of finalizing their trade with the Boston Celtics for the No. 3 overall pick, but Fultz struggled badly with his jumper during the workout.

Fultz's struggles during his workout with his shot were a precursor to the issues he struggled with throughout what was effectively a lost rookie season.

The idea of reconsidering Tatum or Ball was shot down by Colangelo, according to sources.

The 76ers were convinced they wanted to draft Fultz.
https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/6/7/17440422/sixers-bryan-colangelo-free-agency

Re: Jason Tatum (Merged)
« Reply #243 on: June 08, 2018, 04:54:30 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
See the appeal of Tatum. But I like Jackson significantly more. Moves real well without the ball. Always thinking on court. Think he's a more transcendent player than Tatum.

LOL, what do I know?