Author Topic: Jayson Tatum (Merged)  (Read 53804 times)

Re: Jason Tatum (Merged)
« Reply #135 on: March 12, 2017, 10:23:28 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
Triboy I agree with you that Jackson a better pro prospect but you lose credibility when you try to make this point by disparaging Tatum's athleticism and stats. Tatum should be a very good pro.

I agree with this. When you start making things up out of the thin blue sky you lose credibility. Both Jackson and Tatum are known prospects. They are both fairly equal prospects. Making things up Tatum's aggressiveness is totally unneccessary. Not being aggressive in a few 1st halfs is not like he disappeared altogether. If aything he was over aggressive early in the season.

We get it you like Jackson the most. I like Tatum as the 2nd best prospect and i dont understand why people like Isaac more than either prospect but i dont make up things about either prospect to make Tatum look better. All players are what they are and all you can do is look at the player to see how they have progressed over time.

Lets not make up things to try and prop up guys

« Reply #136 on: March 12, 2017, 10:45:12 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Triboy I agree with you that Jackson a better pro prospect but you lose credibility when you try to make this point by disparaging Tatum's athleticism and stats. Tatum should be a very good pro.

I agree with this. When you start making things up out of the thin blue sky you lose credibility. Both Jackson and Tatum are known prospects. They are both fairly equal prospects. Making things up Tatum's aggressiveness is totally unneccessary. Not being aggressive in a few 1st halfs is not like he disappeared altogether. If aything he was over aggressive early in the season.

We get it you like Jackson the most. I like Tatum as the 2nd best prospect and i dont understand why people like Isaac more than either prospect but i dont make up things about either prospect to make Tatum look better. All players are what they are and all you can do is look at the player to see how they have progressed over time.

I like Isaac more for OUR team.  He is a big man that can block shots and there is NO ONE in the country that can guard one on one like him, especially with his length.  Mark it down, he will be a GREAT NBA player!!  It may take 1-3 years, but he WILL be SPECIAL.  I will gladly eat those words in 3.5 years!!!!

Smitty77

P.S.  I don't know how anyone can compare the athleticism of Tatum to Jackson.  Not even close.

« Reply #137 on: March 12, 2017, 11:20:40 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Tatum is a tad too slow for my taste

He is adequate defender at the ncaa level but looks like will have trouble staying in front of quicker players/guards

half the year was just so passive... but finished well (MM tourney TBD)

Josh Jackson is a better prospect imo.... better all around stats, except FT percentage

At what point was Tatum passive? Thats totally made up.

look at his game blogs
look a his many 1st half no shows

and these were against mediocre teams

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/gamelog/_/id/4065648/jayson-tatum
between Sat 12/31 and 2/5/2017
he scored double figures in all but 3 games this season.

yes, but how many games did Duke lose this season?

If you're going by this reasoning, Fultz is a second round pick.   ;)

« Reply #138 on: March 12, 2017, 11:57:20 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

I like Isaac more for OUR team.  He is a big man that can block shots and there is NO ONE in the country that can guard one on one like him, especially with his length.  Mark it down, he will be a GREAT NBA player!!  It may take 1-3 years, but he WILL be SPECIAL.  I will gladly eat those words in 3.5 years!!!!

Smitty77

P.S.  I don't know how anyone can compare the athleticism of Tatum to Jackson.  Not even close.
Jackson is a much better athlete, but lets not act like Tatum is a bad athlete. For a player with his size he is pretty athletic and will be no worse than a good NBA athlete.

Also where is Isaac in your rankings? 2nd? 3rd?

blocks and steals arent that important, but Tatum averages 1.1 steas 1.3 block. Isaac: 1.1 and 1.5
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #139 on: March 13, 2017, 01:02:49 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown

Smitty77

I see where we differ. I dont look at Isaac as a big man at all. I look at him more as a tall wing with great length. I think he is going to be a much better defensive player than offensive player. I think he will continue to be a one dribble pull up spot up shooting guy.

« Reply #140 on: March 13, 2017, 01:21:14 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

Smitty77

Jackson is a much better athlete, but lets not act like Tatum is a bad athlete. For a player with his size he is pretty athletic and will be no worse than a good NBA athlete.

blocks and steals arent that important, but Tatum averages 1.1 steas 1.3 block. Isaac: 1.1 and 1.5

I am going by my viewing games and watching his perimeter D.  FAR better than anything Tatum could do, due to athletic ability, height, reach, wingspan, and quickness.

Smitty77

« Reply #141 on: March 13, 2017, 01:22:02 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

Smitty77

I see where we differ. I dont look at Isaac as a big man at all. I look at him more as a tall wing with great length. I think he is going to be a much better defensive player than offensive player. I think he will continue to be a one dribble pull up spot up shooting guy.

In actuality, Isaac has great handles for a big due to growing like a foot in a year, sort of like Olynyk did!!

Smitty77

« Reply #142 on: March 13, 2017, 01:33:49 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203

Smitty77

In actuality, Isaac has great handles for a big due to growing like a foot in a year, sort of like Olynyk did!!

Smitty77

Olynyk?!?!  I just threw up in my mouth a little.

« Reply #143 on: March 13, 2017, 02:11:28 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
honestly, I dont see that high upside in Isaac. Jackson, Fultz, Ball, and Id even say Tatum all have higher upsides in my mind.
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #144 on: March 13, 2017, 02:15:01 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
honestly, I dont see that high upside in Isaac. Jackson, Fultz, Ball, and Id even say Tatum all have higher upsides in my mind.
Agreed. I haven't seen him create much at the college level, which makes me think he might not be able to create at the NBA level. If you can't create at the NBA level that limits your ceiling.

I expect that he will be a very good 3 and d wing, but I don't think he can be a star unless I see more creation.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #145 on: March 13, 2017, 02:23:45 PM »

Offline jakeopp

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 12

Smitty77

I am going by my viewing games and watching his perimeter D.  FAR better than anything Tatum could do, due to athletic ability, height, reach, wingspan, and quickness.

Smitty77

Comparing Jackson to Tatum? They're the same height, and Tatum has a bigger wingspan (according to measurements on draftexpress). Unless you mean Isaac.

« Reply #146 on: March 13, 2017, 03:47:56 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown

Smitty77

Smitty77

And how does any of that translate to the offensive end?

« Reply #147 on: March 13, 2017, 03:58:21 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

Smitty77

Smitty77

First, our team needs more D this year.  We are scoring just fine!!!  Isaac is VERY unselfish as a recent article indicates.  He is ONLY taking around 8 shots per game, but is shooting 50.2% and 79.6% at the line, which is outstanding for a guy that is 6'11"!!!!  Isaac also plays exactly 7.5 LESS minutes per game on average than Tatum.  Tatum takes around 12.6 shots per game and is shooting 45.3%.

Smitty77

« Reply #148 on: March 13, 2017, 04:00:15 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
Agreed. I haven't seen him create much at the college level, which makes me think he might not be able to create at the NBA level. If you can't create at the NBA level that limits your ceiling.

I expect that he will be a very good 3 and d wing, but I don't think he can be a star unless I see more creation.

This is how I see him as well thus me not looking to take him in the top 4.

« Reply #149 on: March 13, 2017, 04:11:09 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson

Smitty77

Smitty77

First, our team needs more D this year.  We are scoring just fine!!!  Isaac is VERY unselfish as a recent article indicates.  He is ONLY taking around 8 shots per game, but is shooting 50.2% and 79.6% at the line, which is outstanding for a guy that is 6'11"!!!!  Isaac also plays exactly 7.5 LESS minutes per game on average than Tatum.  Tatum takes around 12.6 shots per game and is shooting 45.3%.

Smitty77
you yourself said that it would take Isaac 3+ years. Drafting him based on this years needs seems shortsighted.

Drafting anyone based on needs is shortsighted. Drafting a project player based on current needs is especially suspect.

Especially when the other player in this discussion dresses another current need.

Plus Im not sure if that indicates unselfishness.

Tatum is 15 shots per 40, Isaac is 12.5 plus his passing and ability to create are considered weaknesses, so if Isaac is really "unselfish" that may just be a code for passivity.