Author Topic: Jayson Tatum (Merged)  (Read 54079 times)

Re: Jason Tatum (Merged)
« Reply #105 on: March 12, 2017, 01:13:41 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
The guys is a nice offensive player and an inconsistent defensive player.   That is main thing that scares me about Tatum.

This video at the 4:30 mark pretty sums up his defensive lapses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq85pUU6hfM

Defensive inconsistency is the thing that scares you? This entire team is inconsistent defensively. Anyways, inconsistency on D of a 19 year old is to be expected. Defensive ability and potential are much more important at this stage.

« Reply #106 on: March 12, 2017, 01:14:01 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Tatum was NOT even the best player in the ACC Championship game OR the tourney.  Colson WAS.

Smitty77

TP, Smitty. I mention him often in the Draft Prospects on TV thread.

this is what I said last night:

Bonzie Colson so far the best player on the floor against Duke in ACC Championship game halfway through the second half.

The New Bedford guy is ballin'.

EDIT: I jinxed him. Sprained his ankle with 8 min to go.....came back in after a few possessions after walking it off in the tunnel, but did nothing after that.

ND would've had a great chance to win if Bonzie didn't get hurt.

Thanks Csfan!!

Smitty77

« Reply #107 on: March 12, 2017, 01:16:49 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Isnt his name spelled Jayson, not Jason?

Very good prospect, very high on my list.
#JKJB

« Reply #108 on: March 12, 2017, 01:20:26 PM »

Offline CelticsJG

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 11
Tatum skillset offsets his athleticism.

« Reply #109 on: March 12, 2017, 01:25:33 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Colson was first-team All-ACC and Tatum was third-team.

Here is what Colson did:

Notre Dame’s Colson leads all ACC players with 18 double-doubles this season, including 10 in conference play. The 6-foot-5 junior from New Bedford, Massachusetts, leads the league in rebounding at 10.4 per game and is the 10th leading scorer at 17.0 points per game. In leading the Fighting Irish to a 23-8 overall mark and a No. 3 ACC Tournament seed, Colson has posted seven 20-point, 10-rebound performances this year. All seven of those performances have come against Power 5 conference teams, including four ACC opponents.

http://www.theacc.com/news/acc-announces-all-conference-team-postseason-awards-03-05-2017

Colson was clearly the better player in the game last night.

Does he have the best NBA up-side?  No!!  But, I don't think Tatum is a great athlete even at the college level and that will be multiplied at the NBA level!!

Smitty77
Pierce wasn't a great athlete either.  Tatum is certainly a good enough athlete, especially since he'll be playing PF quite a bit.  He's got a good overall skillset and doesn't rely on his athleticism.  He's also stepped up to be a key cog on a very loaded Duke team.

That block/rebound/full court dribble/finish sequence in the last minute looked pretty f****** athletic to me.

Who was the block against?  Wow, a 6' 8" player that can dunk on an OPEN breakaway:-))  Truly impressive.  He is NOT a great athlete, irregardless what a one minute segment might tell you.

Smitty77

« Reply #110 on: March 12, 2017, 01:38:48 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Watch the last 3 minutes, Tatum just dominates down the stretch.  And he IS athletic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjeLHeqYsu8

« Reply #111 on: March 12, 2017, 01:38:56 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked

Here is what Colson did:

Notre Dame’s Colson leads all ACC players with 18 double-doubles this season, including 10 in conference play. The 6-foot-5 junior from New Bedford, Massachusetts, leads the league in rebounding at 10.4 per game and is the 10th leading scorer at 17.0 points per game. In leading the Fighting Irish to a 23-8 overall mark and a No. 3 ACC Tournament seed, Colson has posted seven 20-point, 10-rebound performances this year. All seven of those performances have come against Power 5 conference teams, including four ACC opponents.

http://www.theacc.com/news/acc-announces-all-conference-team-postseason-awards-03-05-2017

Does he have the best NBA up-side?  No!!  But, I don't think Tatum is a great athlete even at the college level and that will be multiplied at the NBA level!!

Smitty77
Pierce wasn't a great athlete either.  Tatum is certainly a good enough athlete, especially since he'll be playing PF quite a bit.  He's got a good overall skillset and doesn't rely on his athleticism.  He's also stepped up to be a key cog on a very loaded Duke team.

That block/rebound/full court dribble/finish sequence in the last minute looked pretty f****** athletic to me.

Who was the block against?  Wow, a 6' 8" player that can dunk on an OPEN breakaway:-))  Truly impressive.  He is NOT a great athlete, irregardless what a one minute segment might tell you.

Smitty77

Ok, so what does that make Isaac? He got 5 points and lost to Notre Dame, Tatum scored 19 and led his team to the title. Isaac wasn't even good enough to score 19 in 2 games. Tatum > Isaac, now and forever.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #112 on: March 12, 2017, 02:09:18 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown

Here is what Colson did:

Smitty77

Smitty77

So we should downgrade him because he isnt Jaylen Brown athletic?

« Reply #113 on: March 12, 2017, 02:10:41 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown

Here is what Colson did:

Smitty77

Smitty77

Ok, so what does that make Isaac? He got 5 points and lost to Notre Dame, Tatum scored 19 and led his team to the title. Isaac wasn't even good enough to score 19 in 2 games. Tatum > Isaac, now and forever.

If I had a standing O meme it would be for this post.

« Reply #114 on: March 12, 2017, 02:15:14 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
One thing about Tatum that I'd like to point out is that he put on a lot of weight between last Spring to the start of this season.  That leads me to believe he can continue doing so and he has the frame for it. 

Here's a picture of him taken March 30, 2016 going against Josh Jackson.

He's a late bloomer when it comes to musclarity.  Continuing to gain muscle is only going to help him.

« Reply #115 on: March 12, 2017, 02:17:50 PM »

Offline Dannys Chipotle Guy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48

Here is what Colson did:

Smitty77

Smitty77

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCbIjcHgI6s
hes no Jaylen Brown but he looked pretty athletic last night.

« Reply #116 on: March 12, 2017, 02:21:05 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown

Here is what Colson did:

Smitty77

Smitty77

Tatum has been #2 on my board since early Jan. I think on lower levels he shared some of the same issues Jaylen did but works really hard on his game which I think if you bring him here he could give you what Jaylen is giving you now.

« Reply #117 on: March 12, 2017, 02:25:19 PM »

Offline Dannys Chipotle Guy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48

Here is what Colson did:

Smitty77

Smitty77

Tatum has been #2 on my board since early Jan. I think on lower levels he shared some of the same issues Jaylen did but works really hard on his game which I think if you bring him here he could give you what Jaylen is giving you now.
I had him behind Jackson all year, but with Jacksons off court stuff and Tatum playing really well down the stretch(and being younger and having more potential to play PF) I think they are a tossup now.

Id go Fultz Tatum/Jackson Ball

So yeah, Ill be dissapointed if we get Lonzo Ball. We are ridiculously spoiled.

« Reply #118 on: March 12, 2017, 02:44:36 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
One thing about Tatum that I'd like to point out is that he put on a lot of weight between last Spring to the start of this season.  That leads me to believe he can continue doing so and he has the frame for it. 

Here's a picture of him taken March 30, 2016 going against Josh Jackson.

He's a late bloomer when it comes to musclarity.  Continuing to gain muscle is only going to help him.

When I saw Tatum as a junior in HS I wondered how he would turn out. He was very good but rail thin. I mean rail thin. His body looked more like Rip Hamilton than what it does today. Anyways over the last two years he has added about 15 - 20 lbs. He can still add to his frame. Many of his finishing issues are strength issues. As he has gotten stronger he has gotten better.

« Reply #119 on: March 12, 2017, 02:47:19 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown

Here is what Colson did:

Smitty77

Smitty77

I had him behind Jackson all year, but with Jacksons off court stuff and Tatum playing really well down the stretch(and being younger and having more potential to play PF) I think they are a tossup now.

Id go Fultz Tatum/Jackson Ball

So yeah, Ill be dissapointed if we get Lonzo Ball. We are ridiculously spoiled.

Im not going to count Jackson's driving issues against him. I also have no problem with people putting Jackson ahead of Tatum. When the two have matched up against each other, Jackson has always been the more aggressive player with defense that has bothered Tatum.