Author Topic: Celtics (12-9) at Magic (10-12) Game #22 12/7/16  (Read 34721 times)

Re: Celtics (12-9) at Magic (10-12) Game #22 12/7/16
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2016, 08:19:37 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Gee, I think I like the Magic bench better than their starters.  Vucevic, Payton, Hezonja, Meeks, Green

Who scores on that team?

Green when they're playing in Washington, as they did last night.

Remember when Green was our go-to scorer? Geez, now he is a back-up in Orlando. Do you also remember when there was a Smart/Payton debate?

Looking at the box-scores, both of those guys should play Washington every night - they would be all-stars. Strange that Orlando is so bad given they have such a solid bench, albeit Green/Payton play at least half the game.
Do they even have a go-to scorer on the entire roster?  Fornier?

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2016, 08:48:32 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
I'd like to see Orlando bench Vucevic and Biyombo. Go with Ibaka as their starting center and move Aaron Gordon over to power forward. Put Elfrid Payton back in the starting lineup and put two shooters on the wing.

PG: Payton, DJ Augustin
SG: Fournier, Meeks
SF: Hezonja, (Jeff Green)
PF: Aaron Gordon, Jeff Green
 C: Ibaka, Vucevic, Biyombo

Or maybe start Meeks and slide Fournier over to SF. Use Hezonja as backup SG/SF.

Point is = Aaron Gordon needs to play at PF for E.Payton to start at PG. Not enough perimeter shooting with them both on the perimeter together with A.Gordon at SF. Spacing is hard for everyone else. Easy to take the ball out of Payton's hands and he is then hurtful off the ball. Need to create better spacing in order for Payton to take advantage of his dribble penetration and playmaking. Also, lack of big man passing gives playmaking from guards more importance in order to give good ball and player movement.

I choose Ibaka as my starting center because he is the best center on that roster despite the big money they are paying Biyombo & Vucevic (both should be trade fodder). Preferably in a trade bringing in an experienced wing player who can defend well and score.

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2016, 08:53:15 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
not frist :/
but perhaps first in the hearts of your countrymen. ;)

thanks flc for another thread, which is THE key to a celtics victory!!! a tp from me to you.

celtics win this one big time!!!!

gooooooo celtics!!!  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2016, 09:48:16 AM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
TP FL
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2016, 10:12:46 AM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
Doubt we see IT tomorrow night with his hamstring injury. I'm guessing Smart will take his place. Our defense should be phenomenal with Smart, AB, Crowder, JJ, and Horford.

Could the 59 points game from a couple seasons back be threatened?

AB will be key. He has to stop their best scorer.

Kinda worried about all their bigs, feel like they're just going to get easy baskets all night and win or lose by the 3.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2016, 10:19:14 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
I'd like to see Orlando bench Vucevic and Biyombo. Go with Ibaka as their starting center and move Aaron Gordon over to power forward. Put Elfrid Payton back in the starting lineup and put two shooters on the wing.

PG: Payton, DJ Augustin
SG: Fournier, Meeks
SF: Hezonja, (Jeff Green)
PF: Aaron Gordon, Jeff Green
 C: Ibaka, Vucevic, Biyombo

Or maybe start Meeks and slide Fournier over to SF. Use Hezonja as backup SG/SF.

Point is = Aaron Gordon needs to play at PF for E.Payton to start at PG. Not enough perimeter shooting with them both on the perimeter together with A.Gordon at SF. Spacing is hard for everyone else. Easy to take the ball out of Payton's hands and he is then hurtful off the ball. Need to create better spacing in order for Payton to take advantage of his dribble penetration and playmaking. Also, lack of big man passing gives playmaking from guards more importance in order to give good ball and player movement.

I choose Ibaka as my starting center because he is the best center on that roster despite the big money they are paying Biyombo & Vucevic (both should be trade fodder). Preferably in a trade bringing in an experienced wing player who can defend well and score.

I thought this post was genius by the 2nd sentence.

I wonder why they don't do that.

Aaron Gordon has looked like he belongs at the 4 his entire time in the league (at least to me).

And Payton could be their best player.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2016, 11:22:21 AM »

Offline straightouttabahstun

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
  • That's turrible
IT is officially out. Smart is most likely starting now...to be honest I'm very excited/curious to see how his works out.

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2016, 11:25:10 AM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
IT is officially out. Smart is most likely starting now...to be honest I'm very excited/curious to see how his works out.

really re-ignite the "it4 to bench" forum
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2016, 12:00:20 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
why? this is not good news for celticsland. what happened to him?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2016, 12:40:48 PM »

Offline Bostoncelticsforlife7

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 18
I'm going to this game!!!
Warning: I am a Marucs Smart homer

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2016, 12:52:05 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
why? this is not good news for celticsland. what happened to him?

He pulled his groin during the Rockets game (jumping up to get a steal on a long pass)

It was visibly bothering him for the rest of the game
I'm bitter.

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2016, 01:26:47 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Smart and that weird guard Payton , hate each other .   

Smart will need to be careful not to get ejected by grabbing the dweeb by the throats and shake him. 

Chance  for Brown or Young to produce .
We got a decent shot at winning IF. Bradley can hits some shots .  Even with IT out.

Rozier and Horford should play good in this one .  I expect huge game from both.

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2016, 02:06:11 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
And apparently Brad said that starting JJ was only a situational thing for Houston, so it seems we'll be back to the elderly Amir tonight.

I just don't get Brad.

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2016, 02:13:43 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76
And apparently Brad said that starting JJ was only a situational thing for Houston, so it seems we'll be back to the elderly Amir tonight.

I just don't get Brad.
[dang] we played so well with JJ starting

« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2016, 02:15:47 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76
You guys are so excited to see your savior Smart play?!? This is going to be a ugly game to watch. All these people saying sit IT are going to crawl under a rock after this game.