Author Topic: Comments from the other side (Rockets)  (Read 3087 times)

Comments from the other side (Rockets)
« on: December 06, 2016, 03:26:13 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
We ought to kill them on the glass Boston Is one of the worst rebounding teams in the NBA, having to play Dekker more minutes will not help their situation. Also, isn;t Boston a bad defensive team?

Rockets match offer sheet to keep Donatas Motiejunas. Will waive Bobby Brown

So... Is the All-White Backcourt gunna be a thing now? #notracistbutIwannasee3srain

If we wanna win tonight We gotta stop Isaiah Thomas. He leads the league in 4th quarter points.

Big challenge for Bev and Capela tonight Capela got up for other games against more "traditional" bigs— people good on the glass and at defending the paint. Tonight he has to deal with somebody craftier and with an outside shot. One of the first stretch 5s I think Bev rises to the occasion (I hope). Capela might be taken to town tonight. Still, Horford’s best day is not as good as some of Thomas’ average days, so hopefully this will work out.

Horford is the worst rebounding C in the NBA We should be able to dominate the glass and control the game

Are we gonna lead the league in White Nba players who actually play important roles on the team?

You say that like it's a bad thing

Isaiah Thomas 50 pts. Trap game.

please please please come out ready. hoping stevens doesn't outcoach mda

Durant will go off dropping 40 on us.

Tough game. The Rockets should win, but they can't take the Celtics lightly.

Trap game for sure. They eeked out a win in Philly and Thomas just dropped 37. I'm hoping bev can give him fits. We need to try and put them away early if we can.

Show Horford why he made a mistake this summer.

I wanna hear Bill Simmons cry

The Celtics aren't very good defensively. Unless the rockets are exhausted from that road trip, we should have a high scoring game.

Don't let Kelly Olynyk hear you say that man, he may try to dislocate Hardens entire body.

Easy win, expect Harden to go off scoring-wise, he's due.

This team is probably better suited for road games. Toyota Center is barely an advantage to be honest. Celtics by +10.

This is not a trap game..the Celtics have almost the same record as us.. I think we lose a nail-biter

What does their record have to do with anything? Their schedule has been way easier than ours. They are 2-2 in their last 4 against non-playoff teams. They are not solid this season, at least they haven't shown signs of being solid so far. If we play our usual game they can't hold a candle to us.

Speedy PG and bigs who can shoot have always been a problem for the Rockets. Horford is shooting 42% from 3 on 3.6 attempts this season and blocking 2.7 shots per game in 27 minutes! All 5 starters can make the open 3. If the Rockets come out asleep and don't have one of their good 1st quarter starts then it will be a long game.

They are a top 5 team in 3PM, but teams can grab offensive rebounds and (kick out and) score on them, especially against their second unit. Brad Stevens is a good coach with a good system. They really know how to pass the ball without turning it over. They kill teams in transition because everyone tries to outrebound them.

Avery Bradley a legit defender will be on Harden most likely while the midget isiah Thomas a non defender on Bev.

I think we lose, the team will be distracted by the DMo situation and Boston has the length and athleticism to bother Harden and Anderson.....

Make Al Horford regret his decision

People are really underestimating the Celtics here. Sometimes they look horrible, especially when Horford was out with the concussion and Crowder was hurt, but they play smart basketball every game. They are very well coached and are 7-4 on the road. All of their players capable of shooting, which is bad news for us as we tend to leave shooters open. I'd say it's a coin flip, to be honest.

Gotta take this one carefully, as inconsisten as the Celtics have been, Horford has been playing pretty well and IT always has something up his sleeve.

Time to get revenge on Horford

Good thing boston doesn't play any defense or else we would be screwed if that happens

hey the D-mo clone, Kelly Olynik

More like a poor man's DMo.

They're pretty close I’d not be shocked if Olynyk gets similar contract figures

Marcus Smart, the best flopper in the NBA

Good first quarter. Cetlics were kinda garbage in that quarter tho, I expect they’ll play better.

Celtics and Rockets taking turns forgetting how to play basketball. Ugly game

Houston doesn't deserve the rockets, this crowd support is PATHETIC. We just beat the [dang] warriors and got dmo back, and the arena is a ghost, my entire family yelling wouldn't a make a difference in that place.

I've often wondered if even a Finals Game 7 would manage a sell out

Celtics used every dollar of their $106 per diem, they are slow and fat.

These refs from Boston?

Celtics def scouted Gordon. Defense surrounds him when he gets the ball.

Sign Amir on the Texans! Best open field tackle I've seen this season in Houston!

Great first quarter. Hopefully the energy they're playing with doesn't waver tonight. This Boston team is not to be screwed around with.

Celtics are out working us on the boards

Celtics announcers talking $hit..... Seems like they don't like Rockets style of play...... Whoa....

They are out hustling us.

Harden is non existent tonight.

Harden should have attacked the basket more with Kelly at center..

Marcus Smart is such a flopper!

Well, it appears the refs are on our side tonight.

Harden got a superstar call there. That wasn't a foul

Big thanks to Marcus Stupid for giving the Rockets 6 free points.

Oddly enough I trust DMo to stay healthy More than I do Nene.

Well he's 8 years younger. I don’t think that’s that odd.

8 years that we know of.... You might have to cut Nene open and count the rings to find out his true age.

Lol Harden versus Smart NBAcademy awards right here

After Westbrook putting up a quadruple double last night Harden is like I can do that too with 10 TOs

WHY CAN'T WE STOP THEM?

Well in general we play ****ty defense, they are pretty good offensively. It’s just how it is.

Celtics are not good. The Rockets are playing awful.

They are playing harder than we are right now.

[dang] Boston is hitting every freaking thing

They need to figure this out as Boston is a GOOD defensive team

This game is rigged!!😡

Win against the Warriors at Oracle, but lose to Celtics at home. ****!

Boston's shooting has been unconscious this quarter. Part of it is our defense, but a lot of it is just them knocking down shots.

Harden legit looks like he takes shrooms at half time sometimes...

I think Smart has been the difference so far. His activity/defense and that big 3 to stop the Rox momentum.

They are a very well coached team with a good overall plan on offense and defense. Right now they are outworking us.

[dang], Celtics playing very, very good basketball. They are just HOT

Like I said, Smart has been the difference tonight

Notice how Stevens calls a time out to ice us up whenever we get hot Why can’t we do that?

Harden is an idiot.

Harden is trash

Good thing we’re getting to the line a lot because they are beating us in basically every other area.

Isaiah Thomas has my respect. Dude is a beast and also we are probably the same height lol. How does Sacramento always give up good talent

Wow, Avery Bradley that’s a big time shot

Wow I thought that should have been a 3

Refs sure giving Rox the benefit tonight We shot 18 more free throws then they did in first.

Celtics aren't good there a poor man Utah We're making this way to hard on ourselves lol

1st Team All-NBA defender making Harden go right ... So he does. All the way to the hole, unless you commit your 5th foul Avery.

lol refs are on our side tonight, 30 free throws vs 10

Of course we get the possession. Refs on our side tonight

Although Harden can be frustrating at times, he is the type of player that separates teams like the Rox from the teams like the Celtics. If it's close, the advantage goes to the team with the closer/superstar.

Brad Stevens has the GOAT inbounds plays...

That's a flagrant. Harden might have just handed them the game.

That's some Premium quality flopping.

Marcus Smart just won Flopper of the year

He got hit on the head, that's a flagrant 1 no matter what

Wow I hate Smart, now Gordon is injured cuz of it

****... REF have money on Celtic Watching they call a Flagarant too

That's a natural bball move

Flagrant 2 - Harden should be gone. That was elbow up above your head on purpose....

Dang, Harden got him real bad with the elbow. Unfortunately, good call by the refs.

****ing Harden. If they lose it's on him

He dodged a bullet that should have been a flag 2.....contact to the head.....

Refs gave them the game!!

But you're not going to call the mugging by Smart.

Marcus Smart is due for a sucker punch.

WOW - we didn't use the foul to give, and they miss a wide open layup.

LOL Boston, you can have Horford.

That play by Boston was something else. Have Thomas pull Harrell down setting up a wide open lane for Horford. Got lucky there

We got lucky Thomas was semi-injured He would’ve made our life lot harder

Wow...Bev took out Gordon, and Horford throws us the game for not taking our contract. SMDH

Was Isaiah pulling Beverley down to get him out of Horford's way?

He grabbed harrells arm, pullling him to the ground. Then tripped Pat while on the ground. Giving horford a clear path to the basket

Marcus Smart needs to get kicked out of the league.

Wow what a lucky way to win that, Horford had a WIDE OPEN layup to win that game and he missed. Unbelievable

Sometimes its better to be lucky than good.

That last shot by Horford was a curse for not choosing the Rockets...

Horford blew the layup, but the game could still be going on in OT if the refs correctly called the Bradley 3 pointer. I would be pretty upset if I were Celtics fan but I'm not...so good win! Lol

By FLCeltsFan

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

Re: Comments from the other side (Rockets)
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 03:35:25 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
Horford blew the layup, but the game could still be going on in OT if the refs correctly called the Bradley 3 pointer. I would be pretty upset if I were Celtics fan but I'm not...so good win! Lol

After watching it again (painfully), this was not a layup. And it was definitely not an easy shot.

It was a runner that needed to bounce of the glass at an angle from a few feet out. Not impossible but not a layup by any means.

still mad we lost but that shot was more difficult than it originally looked.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 03:57:23 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

After watching it again (painfully), this was not a layup. And it was definitely not an easy shot.

It was a runner that needed to bounce of the glass at an angle from a few feet out. Not impossible but not a layup by any means.

The shot IT missed a few seconds before was a layup though.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 04:29:41 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 736

It looked like a layup that he shot awkwardly and then missed. It looked easier than IT's show right before it, to me.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2016, 04:43:38 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
KO is a poor man's DMO??? really...

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2016, 06:42:37 PM »

Offline Chef Parish

• NGT
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 1664
We ought to kill them on the glass Boston Is one of the worst rebounding teams in the NBA, having to play Dekker more minutes will not help their situation. Also, isn;t Boston a bad defensive team?

Rockets match offer sheet to keep Donatas Motiejunas. Will waive Bobby Brown

So... Is the All-White Backcourt gunna be a thing now? #notracistbutIwannasee3srain

If we wanna win tonight We gotta stop Isaiah Thomas. He leads the league in 4th quarter points.

Big challenge for Bev and Capela tonight Capela got up for other games against more "traditional" bigs— people good on the glass and at defending the paint. Tonight he has to deal with somebody craftier and with an outside shot. One of the first stretch 5s I think Bev rises to the occasion (I hope). Capela might be taken to town tonight. Still, Horford’s best day is not as good as some of Thomas’ average days, so hopefully this will work out.

Horford is the worst rebounding C in the NBA We should be able to dominate the glass and control the game

Are we gonna lead the league in White Nba players who actually play important roles on the team?

You say that like it's a bad thing

Isaiah Thomas 50 pts. Trap game.

please please please come out ready. hoping stevens doesn't outcoach mda

Durant will go off dropping 40 on us.

Tough game. The Rockets should win, but they can't take the Celtics lightly.

Trap game for sure. They eeked out a win in Philly and Thomas just dropped 37. I'm hoping bev can give him fits. We need to try and put them away early if we can.

Show Horford why he made a mistake this summer.

I wanna hear Bill Simmons cry

The Celtics aren't very good defensively. Unless the rockets are exhausted from that road trip, we should have a high scoring game.

Don't let Kelly Olynyk hear you say that man, he may try to dislocate Hardens entire body.

Easy win, expect Harden to go off scoring-wise, he's due.

This team is probably better suited for road games. Toyota Center is barely an advantage to be honest. Celtics by +10.

This is not a trap game..the Celtics have almost the same record as us.. I think we lose a nail-biter

What does their record have to do with anything? Their schedule has been way easier than ours. They are 2-2 in their last 4 against non-playoff teams. They are not solid this season, at least they haven't shown signs of being solid so far. If we play our usual game they can't hold a candle to us.

Speedy PG and bigs who can shoot have always been a problem for the Rockets. Horford is shooting 42% from 3 on 3.6 attempts this season and blocking 2.7 shots per game in 27 minutes! All 5 starters can make the open 3. If the Rockets come out asleep and don't have one of their good 1st quarter starts then it will be a long game.

They are a top 5 team in 3PM, but teams can grab offensive rebounds and (kick out and) score on them, especially against their second unit. Brad Stevens is a good coach with a good system. They really know how to pass the ball without turning it over. They kill teams in transition because everyone tries to outrebound them.

Avery Bradley a legit defender will be on Harden most likely while the midget isiah Thomas a non defender on Bev.

I think we lose, the team will be distracted by the DMo situation and Boston has the length and athleticism to bother Harden and Anderson.....

Make Al Horford regret his decision

People are really underestimating the Celtics here. Sometimes they look horrible, especially when Horford was out with the concussion and Crowder was hurt, but they play smart basketball every game. They are very well coached and are 7-4 on the road. All of their players capable of shooting, which is bad news for us as we tend to leave shooters open. I'd say it's a coin flip, to be honest.

Gotta take this one carefully, as inconsisten as the Celtics have been, Horford has been playing pretty well and IT always has something up his sleeve.

Time to get revenge on Horford

Good thing boston doesn't play any defense or else we would be screwed if that happens

hey the D-mo clone, Kelly Olynik

More like a poor man's DMo.

They're pretty close I’d not be shocked if Olynyk gets similar contract figures

Marcus Smart, the best flopper in the NBA

Good first quarter. Cetlics were kinda garbage in that quarter tho, I expect they’ll play better.

Celtics and Rockets taking turns forgetting how to play basketball. Ugly game

Houston doesn't deserve the rockets, this crowd support is PATHETIC. We just beat the [dang] warriors and got dmo back, and the arena is a ghost, my entire family yelling wouldn't a make a difference in that place.

I've often wondered if even a Finals Game 7 would manage a sell out

Celtics used every dollar of their $106 per diem, they are slow and fat.

These refs from Boston?

Celtics def scouted Gordon. Defense surrounds him when he gets the ball.

Sign Amir on the Texans! Best open field tackle I've seen this season in Houston!

Great first quarter. Hopefully the energy they're playing with doesn't waver tonight. This Boston team is not to be screwed around with.

Celtics are out working us on the boards

Celtics announcers talking $hit..... Seems like they don't like Rockets style of play...... Whoa....

They are out hustling us.

Harden is non existent tonight.

Harden should have attacked the basket more with Kelly at center..

Marcus Smart is such a flopper!

Well, it appears the refs are on our side tonight.

Harden got a superstar call there. That wasn't a foul

Big thanks to Marcus Stupid for giving the Rockets 6 free points.

Oddly enough I trust DMo to stay healthy More than I do Nene.

Well he's 8 years younger. I don’t think that’s that odd.

8 years that we know of.... You might have to cut Nene open and count the rings to find out his true age.

Lol Harden versus Smart NBAcademy awards right here

After Westbrook putting up a quadruple double last night Harden is like I can do that too with 10 TOs

WHY CAN'T WE STOP THEM?

Well in general we play ****ty defense, they are pretty good offensively. It’s just how it is.

Celtics are not good. The Rockets are playing awful.

They are playing harder than we are right now.

[dang] Boston is hitting every freaking thing

They need to figure this out as Boston is a GOOD defensive team

This game is rigged!!😡

Win against the Warriors at Oracle, but lose to Celtics at home. ****!

Boston's shooting has been unconscious this quarter. Part of it is our defense, but a lot of it is just them knocking down shots.

Harden legit looks like he takes shrooms at half time sometimes...

I think Smart has been the difference so far. His activity/defense and that big 3 to stop the Rox momentum.

They are a very well coached team with a good overall plan on offense and defense. Right now they are outworking us.

[dang], Celtics playing very, very good basketball. They are just HOT

Like I said, Smart has been the difference tonight

Notice how Stevens calls a time out to ice us up whenever we get hot Why can’t we do that?

Harden is an idiot.

Harden is trash

Good thing we’re getting to the line a lot because they are beating us in basically every other area.

Isaiah Thomas has my respect. Dude is a beast and also we are probably the same height lol. How does Sacramento always give up good talent

Wow, Avery Bradley that’s a big time shot

Wow I thought that should have been a 3

Refs sure giving Rox the benefit tonight We shot 18 more free throws then they did in first.

Celtics aren't good there a poor man Utah We're making this way to hard on ourselves lol

1st Team All-NBA defender making Harden go right ... So he does. All the way to the hole, unless you commit your 5th foul Avery.

lol refs are on our side tonight, 30 free throws vs 10

Of course we get the possession. Refs on our side tonight

Although Harden can be frustrating at times, he is the type of player that separates teams like the Rox from the teams like the Celtics. If it's close, the advantage goes to the team with the closer/superstar.

Brad Stevens has the GOAT inbounds plays...

That's a flagrant. Harden might have just handed them the game.

That's some Premium quality flopping.

Marcus Smart just won Flopper of the year

He got hit on the head, that's a flagrant 1 no matter what

Wow I hate Smart, now Gordon is injured cuz of it

****... REF have money on Celtic Watching they call a Flagarant too

That's a natural bball move

Flagrant 2 - Harden should be gone. That was elbow up above your head on purpose....

Dang, Harden got him real bad with the elbow. Unfortunately, good call by the refs.

****ing Harden. If they lose it's on him

He dodged a bullet that should have been a flag 2.....contact to the head.....

Refs gave them the game!!

But you're not going to call the mugging by Smart.

Marcus Smart is due for a sucker punch.

WOW - we didn't use the foul to give, and they miss a wide open layup.

LOL Boston, you can have Horford.

That play by Boston was something else. Have Thomas pull Harrell down setting up a wide open lane for Horford. Got lucky there

We got lucky Thomas was semi-injured He would’ve made our life lot harder

Wow...Bev took out Gordon, and Horford throws us the game for not taking our contract. SMDH

Was Isaiah pulling Beverley down to get him out of Horford's way?

He grabbed harrells arm, pullling him to the ground. Then tripped Pat while on the ground. Giving horford a clear path to the basket

Marcus Smart needs to get kicked out of the league.

Wow what a lucky way to win that, Horford had a WIDE OPEN layup to win that game and he missed. Unbelievable

Sometimes its better to be lucky than good.

That last shot by Horford was a curse for not choosing the Rockets...

By FLCeltsFan

Where's page 2?

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2016, 07:07:43 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Adult attention deficit disorder  :angel:

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2016, 07:50:47 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
It's interesting to see what the what opposing teams enthusiast believe. Sometimes a combination of both will find reality.

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2016, 08:14:43 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Interesting.

thought the "Marcus Stupid" comment was hilarious. They seemed to agree generally that they were getting lucky with the officiating.

Im also intrigued to see that they think we suck.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2016, 09:12:48 PM »

Offline celtics2030

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 72

Easy layup, he choked for whatever reason, he got scared and missed. Period. He is 6 foot 9 or whatever, no way he should miss that.

Call it what you want, it was an easy shot that he should make.

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2016, 09:34:41 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Easy layup, he choked for whatever reason, he got scared and missed. Period. He is 6 foot 9 or whatever, no way he should miss that.

Agree. It was not a runner, just a simple layup with a slightly longer last step, not difficult. Horford himself knew he should have made it.  He clutched his head as if to say "How the hell did I miss that?"

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2016, 05:13:37 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199

This is an interesting one to me. We all know the battle of the boards is our weak point but this fan makes a good point about how we counter it. The situation really hasn't changed from last year, I think we are just slower getting out into transition this year. Hopefully we get back to the intensity we had last year

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2016, 07:41:00 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

Agree. It was not a runner, just a simple layup with a slightly longer last step, not difficult. Horford himself knew he should have made it.  He clutched his head as if to say "How the hell did I miss that?"
yeah, it was only made difficult because he misread either the clock out the defensive pressure left the ground earlier than he normally would fly a standard layup.  I dint know that he'd have had time for a dunk, but that would have been awesome.  Coulda shoulda woulda.  On to Orlando.
Yup

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2016, 03:02:10 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Yeah he should have dunked....now he needs layup lessons from McHale and Parish...btw some rockets fans are pretty much stupid...how are the celtics a bad defensive team...
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA