Author Topic: I'm finally on board.. Thomas should come off the bench  (Read 18309 times)

Re: I'm finally on board.. Thomas should come off the bench
« Reply #105 on: December 08, 2016, 04:37:30 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
That's right people, continu to doubt on the little guy, that will only make him better.

« Reply #106 on: December 08, 2016, 05:12:10 AM »

Offline CoachBS#1

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
Agaqindt the magic?? if IT woould hgave playit it would be l9ike for 40!!!!!,,  Please!!!

« Reply #107 on: December 08, 2016, 05:28:04 AM »

Offline CoachBS#1

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
That's right people, continu to doubt on the little guy, that will only make him better.
NOOOO, defense!!

« Reply #108 on: December 08, 2016, 05:53:04 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Agreed.  He should come off the bench or be traded.  Love his offense but that's all we get.  Rozier is trash.  Smart shoulda been starting pg already.  I think it acquisition hurt his growth

« Reply #109 on: December 08, 2016, 07:40:25 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Agreed.  He should come off the bench or be traded.  Love his offense but that's all we get.  Rozier is trash.  Smart shoulda been starting pg already.  I think it acquisition hurt his growth

Rozier is not trash but will become trash if he plays out of position at sg

Rozier was big last night...

« Reply #110 on: December 08, 2016, 07:45:20 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Question. How many 1sts is IT worth in the trade market?

« Reply #111 on: December 08, 2016, 08:14:09 AM »

Online trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 616

Better question: who would be willing to give up assets for him, even remotely think about it?

Sac (maaybe)
Knicks?
Dallas?
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #112 on: December 08, 2016, 08:18:09 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Why?  We wouldn't be looking for more draft picks.  And the answer would depend on if it's projected to be a top of the draft first or a bottom of the draft first.  I don't think anyone bottom 7ish team would trade the pick for him.  But he'd probably fetch more than 2 late first rounders.

« Reply #113 on: December 08, 2016, 08:45:58 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
In the immediate future, I think what needs to be done is for Stevens to get Isaiah back in line.

IT's selfishness (ball-hogging, shooting too much) is a problem and Stevens needs to talk about Isaiah about it. Isaiah had a much better balance last year than this year. So clearly Isaiah can do better and he needs to do better.

I'd like to see Isaiah continue to start but for Stevens to start cutting his minutes if Isaiah doesn't get back to having a better balance between individual + team orientated play.

« Reply #114 on: December 08, 2016, 08:47:16 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
I understand that people love Thomas, like I keep saying I am a fan also.
But somehow people twisted my OP from saying he should come off the bench to we should get rid of him.I think we should keep him, of course until he demands max money and a long term contract, then he can take a hike..

All I said was he should come off the bench, create that spark that gives second units fits. Didn't mean to insult the "little guy" or the fanboys of him around here.

I think everyone can agree we looked fantastic last night without him and our team played overall better basketball without him on the court.
Yes it was Orlando, but seeing our rebounding, overall balance, defense, and points in the paint were all up, something has to be said. 

« Reply #115 on: December 08, 2016, 08:51:09 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Better question: who would be willing to give up assets for him, even remotely think about it?

Sac (maaybe)
Knicks?
Dallas?

Sac and Mavs definitely... Just what can we get back in return

To Sac: IT, Amir, young
To Celts: Gay, malachi richardson, koufus, future 1st

To mavs: IT, Zeller, Amir
To celts: Bogut, Powel, Anderson, future 1st

« Reply #116 on: December 08, 2016, 08:54:05 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I understand that people love Thomas, like I keep saying I am a fan also.
But somehow people twisted my OP from saying he should come off the bench to we should get rid of him.I think we should keep him, of course until he demands max money and a long term contract, then he can take a hike..

All I said was he should come off the bench, create that spark that gives second units fits. Didn't mean to insult the "little guy" or the fanboys of him around here.

I think everyone can agree we looked fantastic last night without him and our team played overall better basketball without him on the court.
Yes it was Orlando, but seeing our rebounding, overall balance, defense, and points in the paint were all up, something has to be said.

Even Horford stated this was best "team" game he has seen so far this year

Lets see what happens vs the raptors though... IT wont play next until celts comeback home...which is sun vs okc

« Reply #117 on: December 08, 2016, 08:57:10 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

Sac (maaybe)
Knicks?
Dallas?

Denver = Would the Nuggets trade for IT? They were playing Mudiay at SG for awhile alongside Jameer Nelson at PG. Mudiay is back at PG now but his minutes have dropped to 20mpg over last 3 games. Would Denver be interested? Would they trade Jokic for IT?

Dallas = Surely they would but the only asset they have is their 2017 lotto pick.

Orlando = IT for A.Gordon? Or IT for Ibaka? Could you get Hezonja + Ibaka? Or Ibaka/Gordon + 2017 pick (late lotto)? Surely you could get Vucevic or Biyombo but I am not interested in trading IT for them.

Milwaukee = IT for Middleton or Jabari Parker? Probably not interested in someone who needs the ball as much as IT alongside Giannis. Long shot.

Miami = IT for Whiteside? IT for their 2016 pick? Maybe their 2016 pick + Winslow?

Atlanta = IT for Millsap? If worried Millsap will not resign with them. Or Dwight?

New Orleans = IT for their 2017 pick? Their 2017 pick + Hield?

Minnesota = IT for Zach LaVine?

Utah = IT for Favors?

IT could be a big piece in part of a larger trade for Cousins, Paul George or Jimmy Butler.

« Reply #118 on: December 08, 2016, 08:57:44 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
In the immediate future, I think what needs to be done is for Stevens to get Isaiah back in line.

IT's selfishness (ball-hogging, shooting too much) is a problem and Stevens needs to talk about Isaiah about it. Isaiah had a much better balance last year than this year. So clearly Isaiah can do better and he needs to do better.

I'd like to see Isaiah continue to start but for Stevens to start cutting his minutes if Isaiah doesn't get back to having a better balance between individual + team orientated play.

This I need to keep up averaging 25 ppg is the issue this year

« Reply #119 on: December 08, 2016, 09:09:34 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
The TEAM let itself fall into a trap of depending on Al and IT to save them .  I think Al is a bit TOO unselfish and should be taking IT shots ...especially the first five minutes of the game.

CBS needs to  decrease IT minutes or put more of his minutes with the BAD 2-3 stringers . 

Rozier , Brown and Smart need to be on the floor more.  To build their confidence and team cohesion.

The other four guys  have a bit easier go on defense ,  four guys not having to lock down five opponents . 

Smart needs to be on the floor as many minutes as possible .

Trade IT and one Nets pick for Paul George.