Author Topic: I'm finally on board.. Thomas should come off the bench  (Read 18350 times)

Re: I'm finally on board.. Thomas should come off the bench
« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2016, 09:41:07 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
IT will sulk if he don't start.

« Reply #76 on: December 07, 2016, 10:31:26 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460

So trade him. His value is at its highest right now.

« Reply #77 on: December 07, 2016, 10:36:00 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450

U got that right
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #78 on: December 07, 2016, 10:45:28 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Blowout win in Orlando tonite without IT. 29 assists, 7 players in double figures.

Maybe they ought to play without IT more often. It might improve their ball distribution.

Just sayin'.

« Reply #79 on: December 07, 2016, 10:51:49 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76

Remember when Smart started in the beginning of 2015 and we were a team headed for the lottery? Oh yeah then IT came and we started winning. So trade IT and I can almost guarentee you our Ws plummet

« Reply #80 on: December 07, 2016, 10:59:18 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Remember when Smart started in the beginning of 2015 and we were a team headed for the lottery? Oh yeah then IT came and we started winning. So trade IT and I can almost guarentee you our Ws plummet

Not to nitpick, but that was literally the year IT got hosed for SMOTY and we won an insane amount of games after he and Crowder got here...as back-ups. It was also Smart's rookie year.

I am not trying to make the argument for IT going back to the bench, but we were actually quite successful with Smart starting and IT tearing it up in the 2nd unit.

Oh, yeah - this is a thread on starting Rozier, right? He looked awesome tonight. He should start, too. Everybody should start!

« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2016, 11:01:21 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney

Not to nitpick, but that was literally the year IT got hosed for SMOTY and we won an insane amount of games after he and Crowder got here...as back-ups. It was also Smart's rookie year.

I am not trying to make the argument for IT going back to the bench, but we were actually quite successful with Smart starting and IT tearing it up in the 2nd unit.

Oh, yeah - this is a thread on starting Rozier, right? He looked awesome tonight. He should start, too. Everybody should start!
But then IT started the next year after in 2016 and we won 48 games. Smart came off the bench

« Reply #82 on: December 07, 2016, 11:01:36 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes

does context mean nothing?
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #83 on: December 07, 2016, 11:02:51 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney

How about this context? IT starts in 2016 we win 48 games. IT starts and improves yet again this year to 26 PPG and 6 APG and has become one of the best PG in the game and now we are on pace for 50 wins.
Here's some more context.
Smart is dramatically regresses this year both offensively and defensively and yet we still are on pace to be a better team than last year. So now we have shown that Smart's progression or digression doesn't even come close to affecting the game in the same way that IT does. IT's development and evolution into a star have resulted into wins while Smart's ups and downs show he doesn't have as great of affect on this team as you guys paint it out to be.

Also people had this argument for IT when he wanted to start. Why can't Smart bring everything that he does off the bench? It's not like he's going to bring any less intensity, rebounding, or playmaking starting or sitting and he plays the same MPG anyways??
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 11:08:52 PM by alewilliam789 »

« Reply #84 on: December 07, 2016, 11:07:00 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen

How about this context? IT starts in 2016 we win 48 games. IT starts and improves yet again this year to 26 PPG and 6 APG and has become one of the best PG in the game and now we are on pace for 50 wins.
i get that

And IT is a tremendous player

But if you think this team would be headed for the lottery with smart starting, then i don't know what to tell you.
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #85 on: December 07, 2016, 11:09:55 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney

i get that

But if you think this team would be headed for the lottery with smart starting, then i don't know what to tell you.
Never said that. Just pointed to 2014 to show that Smart didn't have the same impact on the game that IT does, or at least enough to put up wins on the board single-handedly like IT. Anyways we have Al Horford and I doubt he would let us get there.

« Reply #86 on: December 07, 2016, 11:11:13 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
IT is great, and i don't think anyone here thinks he sucks or anything

But the two things that drive me, and others, mad is that his defense is not spectacular, and he can be a ball stopper

He's a ridiculous scorer, but he gets so many attempts at the line. Which is a good thing, except that the officiating tightens up in the playoffs.

Bottom line is that we NEED TO MOVE THE BALL and play big time D
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #87 on: December 07, 2016, 11:12:35 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen

i get that

Never said that. Just pointed to 2014 to show that Smart didn't have the same impact on the game that IT does, or at least enough to put up wins on the board single-handedly like IT. Anyways we have Al Horford and I doubt he would let us get there.
smart was a rookie, though

Rookies typically don't help you win games when they play big minutes
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #88 on: December 07, 2016, 11:16:20 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
IT is great, and i don't think anyone here thinks he sucks or anything

But the two things that drive me, and others, mad is that his defense is not spectacular, and he can be a ball stopper

He's a ridiculous scorer, but he gets so many attempts at the line. Which is a good thing, except that the officiating tightens up in the playoffs.

Bottom line is that we NEED TO MOVE THE BALL and play big time D
Smart doesn't get to the line either at all so how is starting Smart going to lead us to be a better team?

The only argument is because of our bad defense and as we discussed it's more a product of a lack of defensive rebounding and a defensive regression from our stalwarts in Crowder, Bradley, and even Smart. IT has neither got worse or better as a defender this year so I don't know how fans can put it on IT that our defense is bad.

It's just an easy scapegoat and another way for them to express their homerism for Smart. Can't stand it honestly.
Smart is a average NBA player and it's despicable that you "fans" have even thought of starting him over IT who's one of the best PGs in the NBA and has shown he can lead us to win.

« Reply #89 on: December 07, 2016, 11:16:24 PM »

Offline MasterEmile

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 46
I thought ball movement was better (especially off the bench), because smart wasn't chucking 5 bad 3 pointers off the bench...