Author Topic: Klay Thompson 60 Pts in 29 Minutes  (Read 4635 times)

Re: Klay Thompson 60 Pts in 29 Minutes
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2016, 05:23:56 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Obviously, the game was out of hand by the time Kerr pulled him and it would've made absolutely zero sense but I would've loved to have seen Klay take a shot at Kobe's 81 there in the 4th.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2016, 06:29:13 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
He was just behind Wilt's 100 point pace.

Klay goes on the hottest scoring streaks I've seen. 60 points in 29 minutes. Last year, he had 37 points in a quarter.

Yeah, while I vehemently disagree with the notion stated earlier in the thread that he's the best guy on the Warriors, he's got to be the most combustible player in the league.  When he's in a zone, he's automatic.

The question I have -- what will be the highest single game point total for the Warriors this year?  Will they get past 150?  160?

Why do you vehemently disagree? Would you really take Curry or Durant over Thompson right now so easily?
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2016, 08:16:26 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I've always been a big Klay fan. He's an incredible shooter and he holds his own defensively. I'd trade any combo of players on this team for him - he'd instantly be the best player we have.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2016, 08:19:19 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Klay goes on the hottest scoring streaks I've seen. 60 points in 29 minutes. Last year, he had 37 points in a quarter.

Yeah, while I vehemently disagree with the notion stated earlier in the thread that he's the best guy on the Warriors, he's got to be the most combustible player in the league.  When he's in a zone, he's automatic.

The question I have -- what will be the highest single game point total for the Warriors this year?  Will they get past 150?  160?

Why do you vehemently disagree? Would you really take Curry or Durant over Thompson right now so easily?
I sure would.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2016, 08:26:43 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742

I sure would.
As would I.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2016, 08:32:42 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

I sure would.
As would I.
as would pretty much anyone.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2016, 09:07:30 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I would take Klay over those two Prima Donnas.

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2016, 09:34:24 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

I sure would.
As would I.

Well, thankfully none of you are GMing my team.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2016, 10:34:39 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

I sure would.
As would I.

thankfully you aren't either.  Klay Thompson is not better than the two time defending MVP or the guy that won the award before that.  He just isn't. 

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2016, 10:41:30 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320

100%. Right now, meaning the day after he scores 60 points? Yes. I believe in regression to the mean for speculation purposes.

In the future? I would 100% take Curry or Durant over Thompson. Both are very good 3pt shooters, both have won MVPs, both have a better handle/ability to get to the hoop and line than Thompson.

I do not think this is crazy at all. I think picking Thompson over two MVPs is the controversial take.

I'd love to hear your rationale for Thompson over Curry/Durant.

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2016, 03:00:56 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

I sure would.
As would I.

thankfully you aren't either.  Klay Thompson is not better than the two time defending MVP or the guy that won the award before that.  He just isn't.

Great. Strong arguement. So you can take one of those guys -- I'll take Thompson.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2016, 04:31:19 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

I sure would.
As would I.

Great. Strong arguement. So you can take one of those guys -- I'll take Thompson.
And I will win.  Durant and Curry are both better players than Thompson.  I really can't believe anyone would argue otherwise. 

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2016, 07:58:12 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742

I sure would.
As would I.

And I will win.  Durant and Curry are both better players than Thompson.  I really can't believe anyone would argue otherwise.
Yeah, I can't imagine what the argument is.

Klay doesn't do anything better than Durant. Literally nothing, except maybe on-ball defense but that's not even clear cut. And Durant is much better at a handful of things.

Curry is a little different because he's got some physical deficiencies Klay doesn't have but they've been playing together for 6 years now and Curry has always been the leader that everyone looks to. He's the lead playmaker (except when Draymond is) and somehow is even a better rebounder than Klay. Klay gets hot like crazy but, statistically, he's still not even as good as Curry at the thing Klay is best at, shooting.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2016, 08:14:41 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

I sure would.
As would I.

You won't win. Because I don't care what you think, especially considering crystal balls don't exist. You take your guy, i'll take mine.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2016, 08:27:26 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

I sure would.
As would I.

You won't win. Because I don't care what you think, especially considering crystal balls don't exist. You take your guy, i'll take mine.
you've been asked in this thread to put forth any sort of rational reason that Thompson is better than either Curry or Durant and you haven't done it.  Seems pretty obvious the reason for that, but I'll ask again.  Explain yourself.