Author Topic: Past Russell Westbrook Rumors  (Read 665 times)

Past Russell Westbrook Rumors
« on: December 05, 2016, 09:31:30 PM »

Offline mainevent

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 203
Earlier this year when we were in free agency and talks of RW coming here was not a popular move.  Has anyone changed their opinions? I was one who was against it, did not want a ball hoggin stat stuffin, angry point guard jackin up 50 shots a game. Believed he'd hurt chemistry...play outside of Brads system. Well...the heck with Brads system, I'll take RW any day of the week! He's a living, breathing 2K17 created player that you jack up all the attribute settings so he's a 99! I WISH we had gotten this dude.  #BEASTMODE is an understatement!
"Mosquitoes refuse to bite me....purely out of respect"

Re: Past Russell Westbrook Rumors
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 09:54:37 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Earlier this year when we were in free agency and talks of RW coming here was not a popular move.  Has anyone changed their opinions? I was one who was against it, did not want a ball hoggin stat stuffin, angry point guard jackin up 50 shots a game. Believed he'd hurt chemistry...play outside of Brads system. Well...the heck with Brads system, I'll take RW any day of the week! He's a living, breathing 2K17 created player that you jack up all the attribute settings so he's a 99! I WISH we had gotten this dude.  #BEASTMODE is an understatement!

Dude would have cost a fortune... and good chance this team is actually a bit worse with Westbrook (because again, you'd give up a ton just to get him)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Re: Past Russell Westbrook Rumors
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 09:54:38 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

if there was a rumor back then regarding him coming here, I would think Rondo would've been part of the deal. And knowing me having green goggles at the time (and still have them, no shame lol), i would've been against it, hell I believe if I am not mistaken there were also rumors of Rondo/Ray Allen for Curry back then too and I was also against that. Luckily I am no GM  ;D ;D

but yes to answer the question, I now want Westbrook, the difference now between Rondo and Westbrook has been somewhat the same, Westbrook wants and will lead the team and will be the best player, Rondo on the other hand cannot lead a team as the best player...which is kind of unfortunate because I really liked Rondo