Author Topic: The Can't we all just get along Thread  (Read 3328 times)

Re: The Can't we all just get along Thread
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2016, 08:54:59 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Rodney King should have Copyrighted that phrase.

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2016, 02:26:35 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Always with the relaxed, no drama attitude KGLL. Nice idea for a thread and I hope we can all live in harmony here at CB!  :D

TP Jambr. Your attitude ain't so bad either!

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2016, 02:28:17 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
This is nothing but a ploy for cheap TPs.

Well done. Here's a TP.   ;D
[/quote

And  this is too Funny G-man. Typical Northeast cynicism!

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2016, 03:51:48 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
TP to KGLL.

sometimes this forum gets way too intense and negative and salty for my liking. like, its just basketball, lol. positivity is key.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2016, 07:47:53 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
How about some grown up talk?

1.  If you seek your happiness in the approval  of others, you're going to have a sad life. 
2.  Not everyone is going to like you or agree with you.   
3.  Your not special.
4.  Respect is earned and not an inherent right.
5.  The internet is not a safe space, unless your stay off it.

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2016, 08:01:00 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Celtics blog is a very interesting place. For the most part, a great deal of posters bring well flushed out ideas to the table for us to sort out. I dont get where alot of the criticisms come from, but everyone is entitled to interpret this place as they see fit.

Again as pointed out above, the internet is not a safe space. The relative anonymity of the internet allows people to say what they really think without worrying about being branded in life. While this can lead to the disgusting ugly parts of the internet, it can also lead to the best dialogue available. Everyone agreeing is exceedingly boring.

In basketball terms this could lead to a love affair with a rebuilding team, or one of our d-league caliber players, but most of those cases come from posters who make valid contributions to this forum.

So no we can't all get along. Its a nice idea KG, but one that leads to utter boredom. Go with peace CB.
#JKJB

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2016, 08:13:05 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I have been on this site for over 10 years now. The negativity for a while got so bad towards me that I changed my nom de plume to Plamb and started the All Positivity/Good Karma thread that still gets people posting on it years later. When a mod outed me that I had changed my name(the mods knew I change my mind but one mod that I had at debate with me got mad and told the blog who I was) I had to change it back.

Generally I learned that this blog will always attract negative people, especially in the game threads and over reaction threads after games. Now a lot of the nastiness seems to come from the multitude of Philadelphia threads and Current Events threads.

My suggestions for having a positive experience here is:

Grow a thick skin, there will always be someone who disagrees with you.
Debate civilly and always end it by thanking the person you are debating and give them a TP.
Stay away from threads where you know it will become uncivil and aggravate you.
Follow the rules of the blog such as treating those as you would have people treat you and dont swear or insult other people, dont attack their ideas with demeaning word and if someone is constantly attacking you, report it to the mods.
Leave the blog for a while if the blog is causing you that much aggravation because sometimes vacations can reinvigorate the soul.

If everyone did this, everyone experience here would be very much enjoyable.

Peace out.