Author Topic: *Diva Alert* - Rondo suspended (1) game  (Read 2704 times)

Re: *Diva Alert* - Rondo suspended (1) game
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2016, 04:21:33 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
Ray Allen keeps getting smarter and smarter, and Celtic fans who assumed look stupider and stupider.

Rondo was a headcase , people just did not know it. The big 3 were pro's but they knew what a headcase Rondo was, they just did not let it get to them or the team, as did Doc, not a great coach but he did hide the fact very well and kept him somewhat in check, again, as the big 3 probably did to a point.

How does Rondo being difficult to get along with make Allen look smarter? If anything this makes Doc look better for being able to deal with him and KG and Pierce look good for being able to get along with him.

Again Ray Allen talked about the Celtics well into his first season with the Heat complaining about things with the Celtics to the point that Riley had to ask him to be quiet. Love him or hate him that wasn't a great moment in Allen's career. There is never a great reason to try and air a bunch of dirty laundry and complain about your old team on the way out of town. None of that stuff made him look smart.

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2016, 04:42:08 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Color me unsurprised by this news.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2016, 04:52:28 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
1. I don't know why this is in the Celtics Talk part of the forum. Rondo doesn't play for the Celtics anymore and hasn't for a while. Look, I get the need to keep up with former players and that Rondo isn't the most popular ex-player here (for good reason) but it's time to LET IT GO. I'm happy that he's gone but I don't feel a need to insult him. I just look at what Dallas paid for Rondo and what we paid for IT and I giggle.

2. Rondo may be a headcase but Jimmy Butler reportedly said "He's a phenomenal [dang] teammate and I back him on everything." I wonder if trouble is brewing in Chicago?

« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 05:00:42 PM by Granath »
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2016, 05:20:41 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Haters .... ;D

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2016, 05:35:31 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
I was so glad when we traded Rondo.
Good job Danny.

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2016, 05:38:07 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
1. I don't know why this is in the Celtics Talk part of the forum. Rondo doesn't play for the Celtics anymore and hasn't for a while.

Agreed and relocated to Around the NBA!
Yup

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2016, 05:45:25 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
Rondo is the same as he was here.  He was actually playing half decent recently in Chicago.  Talented by flawed, smart but stubborn.  What is different?