Author Topic: Celtics (12-8) at Rockets (13-7) Game #21 12/5/16  (Read 47139 times)

Re: Celtics (12-8) at Rockets (13-7) Game #21 12/5/16
« Reply #540 on: December 05, 2016, 11:50:30 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
keep hope alive.  lol.  For the first time in a while i wonder what it would be like if we never get there and end up like the hawks but we'll be alright. I'm not completely sold on Big Al yet.  Good signing and i like how he fits and how versatile he is but his game at the same time we seem to be lacking something.  Brad is a good coach and will figure it out. None of these guys are Pierce, KG and Ray or Bird, Mchale and Parish yet though.

I also don't understand why Smart wasn't on Harden.

The consensus has always been that we are going to get there though and I've always felt taht way. 

We are 21 games in.  Just something about how this team has played so far i don't like though.  We coast.

They had James Harden we didn't.  We can't afford to coast when they have Harden and we don't.

Teh nba isn't like it used to be where you could assemble a team with a certain identity. some of these guys are what they are.

Horford is a really good player but when we aren't doing anything to separate ourselves from other teams we are basically what we are. 

Brad needs to work his magic or something.  We have a lot of road games coming up where hopefully we wake up.

My thinking is that so far this season we are counter-punchers. We are responders.

We aren't the same team who, like last year, set the tone of the game and put the opposition on their heals.

Not sure why that is. It's not Al's fault. My sense is that Bradley and Crowder both came into the season a bit complacent and a bit entitled. But that's just my sense.

« Reply #541 on: December 05, 2016, 11:53:38 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
Bradley had a terrible 1st half.  He was 1-7.  HE played better the second half and that 3  we almost got there.   Everyone else played their usual game.  Isaiah was below his average.   They did a good job on him from keeping him playmaking when he got in the paint.  We really got very little from anyone else.  I think most nights we beat houston.  Harden was a kiler though. Gordon going off didn't help either.

We don't have that guy where we need guys to step up.  If Harden plays like he did we are in trouble if we don't.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 11:59:00 PM by walker834 »

« Reply #542 on: December 05, 2016, 11:55:44 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
had to take a final, so i missed the game...twitter is saying the refs screwed us over apparently? i saw the horford miss, that was tough to watch, but, it is what it is...

would you recommend i try to find a replay of this one? was it a good game?
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #543 on: December 05, 2016, 11:59:38 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
had to take a final, so i missed the game...twitter is saying the refs screwed us over apparently? i saw the horford miss, that was tough to watch, but, it is what it is...

ehh, the refs are gonna ref 4 their stars but we had our chances. heck, it4 pulled capella and tripped al's man (can't remember who) on that last play but wasn't called.

I'm not mad they let the call stand on the 3/2, I just don't get how the ref called it a two live! no way you call that a two by eye! i have seen feet clearly over the line called a 3 and you call it a 2? no way in hell you call that a 2 if that was Harden or Curry.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 12:05:16 AM by ImShakHeIsShaq »
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #544 on: December 06, 2016, 12:01:34 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
He was doing better than AB lol, at least when harden pulls up he can contest better and it was true that harden wasn't THAT hot when Smart switched in for AB on him
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #545 on: December 06, 2016, 12:04:21 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
But [dang] Horford really needs to work with McHale and Parish, that layup was Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ing ugly
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #546 on: December 06, 2016, 12:07:07 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker

ehh, the refs are gonna ref 4 their stars but we had our chances. heck, it4 pulled capella and tripped al's man (can't remember who) on that last play but wasn't called.

I'm not mad they let the call stand on the 3/2, I just don't get how the ref called it a two live! no way you call that a two by eye! i have seen feet clearly over the line called a 3 and you call it a 2? no way in hell you call that a 2 if that was Harden or Curry.

yeah it honestly looks very close from the pictures i saw. very debatable if you ask me
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

« Reply #547 on: December 06, 2016, 12:17:13 AM »

Offline JBone4eva

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 17
Did you guys see Marc Davis NOT EVEN LOOK AT THE MONITOR? he looked at the big screen when making his determination that the shot was a 2. He never once looked at the monitor.  I hope Coach writes a letter to the league about that.

« Reply #548 on: December 06, 2016, 12:20:08 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
He was doing better than AB lol, at least when harden pulls up he can contest better and it was true that harden wasn't THAT hot when Smart switched in for AB on him

lol Harden made only 8FGs tonight and without video I can tell you 3 off the top of my head, one 3 he walked down and drained when smart got caught on a screen and the 2 blowbys in the 4th Q! that means only 5 shots left, are you telling me those 5 were all on AB? I would bet not! Harden took 18fts and 6 were on 2 3s b2b where smart fouled him! this is all off of memory so I wish I had video to show, smaht was terrible on Harden tonight too!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #549 on: December 06, 2016, 12:22:27 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
Did you guys see Marc Davis NOT EVEN LOOK AT THE MONITOR? he looked at the big screen when making his determination that the shot was a 2. He never once looked at the monitor.  I hope Coach writes a letter to the league about that.

it was b/c it was called on the floor, his shadow is there but it's not bad that they didn't overturn it. bum call live is the problem.

« Reply #550 on: December 06, 2016, 12:26:54 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker

i think it was also because he was listening to the people in the replay center discussing it too

« Reply #551 on: December 06, 2016, 12:35:22 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald

i think it was also because he was listening to the people in the replay center discussing it too

they probably whispered sweet nothings in his ear because it was a quick call for such a big moment.

oh well, we will get them next time!

« Reply #552 on: December 06, 2016, 01:43:10 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
keep hope alive.  lol.  For the first time in a while i wonder what it would be like if we never get there and end up like the hawks but we'll be alright. I'm not completely sold on Big Al yet.  Good signing and i like how he fits and how versatile he is but his game at the same time we seem to be lacking something.  Brad is a good coach and will figure it out. None of these guys are Pierce, KG and Ray or Bird, Mchale and Parish yet though.

I also don't understand why Smart wasn't on Harden.

The consensus has always been that we are going to get there though and I've always felt taht way. 

We are 21 games in.  Just something about how this team has played so far i don't like though.  We coast.

They had James Harden we didn't.  We can't afford to coast when they have Harden and we don't.

Teh nba isn't like it used to be where you could assemble a team with a certain identity. some of these guys are what they are.

Horford is a really good player but when we aren't doing anything to separate ourselves from other teams we are basically what we are. 

Brad needs to work his magic or something.  We have a lot of road games coming up where hopefully we wake up.

My thinking is that so far this season we are counter-punchers. We are responders.

We aren't the same team who, like last year, set the tone of the game and put the opposition on their heals.

Not sure why that is. It's not Al's fault. My sense is that Bradley and Crowder both came into the season a bit complacent and a bit entitled. But that's just my sense.

Didn't we have last years team the same from the year before? We lost ET and Sully and added Horford and we also have a ton of young players and some injuries early. I think the team is playing well. We almost won this game tonight. We had our chances. I don't feel like this team has really jelled yet. The celtics haven't reached that level of comfort with each other that makes for cohesive team work. I think that's why the team defense looks clunkier this year. I think by after the New Year this team will look lot better barring injuries.

« Reply #553 on: December 06, 2016, 03:41:41 AM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76

Agree with this. Bradley is an overrated defender and struggled badly against Harden. Smart was the only defender keeping him remotely in check

« Reply #554 on: December 06, 2016, 04:58:40 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597

Agree with this. Bradley is an overrated defender and struggled badly against Harden. Smart was the only defender keeping him remotely in check

To be fair, nobody can defend Harden because everytime you breath on him turns into a foul. If I want to foul him, I'd do it hard. Maybe we need some enforcers.