Author Topic: Mike Gorman likes Noel  (Read 8552 times)

Re: Mike Gorman likes Noel
« Reply #75 on: December 05, 2016, 05:25:50 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
Marc Gasol.  Valenciunis.  What Ainge ultimately does could be anything.  Gasol is one guy where I dont see any reason why he'd move but Ainge has chips.  I see him as a fit here over a guy like Valanciunas.  Why would the raptors trade him? Same with the Griz though.

Guys like Monroe, Okafor, Faried etc their value is tanking.  Teams are probably more likely to hang onto them although maybe can be had for cheap. They dont really solve much for us though except jsut give us another body.  I think Okafor is a good player out of that bunch. They all are pretty good but more fit us as an extra low post rebounder energy sort of guy.

Mickey has really done nothing so far where one of those guys could take his spot.  I expect Yabusele and Zizic to come over eventualy though.  Zizic more to replace Zeller and Yab to give us something else.

Yab and Zizic are there to give us less expensive options to guys like Zeller and jerebko in a couple years to give us cap flexibility as they are more pricey options.   Even Nader.

Brown is going to be ou starting small forward unless we trade for a guy like George.  I think Amir is the guy we want to upgrade.  Love to me is still out there, same with Boogie.  Noel is a good option in the interm. 

Zeller, Amir, mickey and jerebko probably aren't going to be on this team in 2 years.  jerebko might be.  I'll be surprised if the others are.  Neither is Gerald Green.  They could be and give us options, but i'd be surprised if they get extended again.

James Young will be.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 05:53:59 AM by walker834 »

« Reply #76 on: December 05, 2016, 06:59:07 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Lol @walker well I'll tell you this you value them way lower than they are, crowder and a nets pick for love is an overpay, I'd say crowder+Mem pick,18 Celtics,LAC pick with a guy like Yabu and some 2nds is fair value
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #77 on: December 05, 2016, 07:26:12 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Those are just starting points.  Gorman and Scal were going back and forth on Saric and jerebko because maybe they were thinking we could swap the nets pick and jerebko for saric and noel to make people happy.  The same with love.  I proposed a trade a while back that was basically just crowder for him.  They are just bullet points.  I also wanted to try to move down during the draft and draft brown because people were complaining that 3 was too high for brown where we could possibly get love at the time.  I think Love is pretty locked in right now anyways.  A lot of these guys aren't even available regardless.  I don't talk to these teams. 

I think our later picks to get a deal done we have so many picks.  I also understand the players we have like jerebko and zeller can keep growing on this team.  But people need to take things with a grain of salt. I root for everyone on this team to do well ultimately. 

Those later picks are somewhat overvalued.  We were able to get Isaiah for a later pick but that stuff doesn't happen all the time.  These teams know their players values. That was a unique situation. 

Ainge will try to make deals like that, and I'm not even saying Ainge chooses to make any of these deals.  But roster wise it's getting down to it where we may have to give up something to get something.

Ainge may be able to find something totally different outside the rumors.  If you go through teams and players possibly available that stuff is hard to find though.

Ainge talks to all these teams and knows who is available and who isn't.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 07:32:25 AM by walker834 »

« Reply #78 on: December 05, 2016, 07:33:26 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Cleveland imo isn't trading us KLove for just Crowder though.  Klove doesn't even want to move.  It would have to be something to really get them to do it. They are in our conference.  To get them to even consider it it would take Crowder and the nets pick is what I said where a deal may actually happen.

AT this point Cleveland doesnt even listen for Crowder straight up.  To potentially get them to listen it would take Crowder and the nets pick.

Ainge is in a position with all these picks where as the deadline approaches he might try to do stuff like that.  We have too many draft picks and need a big man.

I am usually way ahead of people i realize this.  Even the best there is. I'm right a lot though.  Just watch.

I was way ahead of Mike Gorman on this one. 
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 07:42:11 AM by walker834 »

« Reply #79 on: December 05, 2016, 07:58:06 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
You have to change the thread title. Noel is barely even mentioned in your original post. Thread title should be Ramblings about Celtics Future.

« Reply #80 on: December 05, 2016, 07:58:40 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
Haha I'll tell you that won't happen, Ainge won't overpay that much, and btw I saw your past posts (been a lurker here for some time) and I don't mean to insult you, your predictions are pretty much 50 50
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #81 on: December 05, 2016, 08:09:49 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
He might not.   Teams may just not want to deal with us either.  We may end up doing something totally else for this  year like adding another shooter or something although I think we are ok with Rozier for now although he hasn't been shooting it too great.

I think Ainge will pay for the right players.   He isn't that stingy on deals.  Teams have to want to deal with us though.  I think Ainge would give up something for KLove. He might not be as aggressive as me though where he can actually land those guys.

I think you guys in general undervalue what it actually takes to make these deals though.  Teams aren't going to give us their stars for nothing.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 08:16:07 AM by walker834 »

« Reply #82 on: December 05, 2016, 08:12:54 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
Well IMO the KLove ship has sailed. That being said, I think we'll pick up a big man by the deadline, most preferably nuggets bigs or noel, but I would hang up immediately if they pull a brooklyn pick or nothing shenanigan and go for a cheap big like bogut or koufos.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #83 on: December 05, 2016, 08:16:16 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Getting Ray and KG to come here was a huge process that the celtics hit right on and they had to give up high draft picks and valued prospects for both.

This time it's not as easy to do that.  Mchale liked Al j.  Bird might like jaylen brown but I don't think we necessarily want to give him up.  They signed Teaque where we could swap pg's to get something done but I dont think we want to do that.

I think you underestimate how smart some of these gm's are though.  They position themselves just like we do.  Some are terrible.

Ainge has made smart trades so far and drafted well, but it's not all like that.

If we could get Noel or Klove for garbage it would have been done by now.  It hasn't been done because those teams don't want to trade with us.

« Reply #84 on: December 05, 2016, 08:18:50 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
Yeah I know there are really great GMs out there but I believe that Danny won't do a massive overpay (eg.Brown+17 18 BRK+Smart+filler for PG) that some of us post and say that it's "reasonable".
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #85 on: December 05, 2016, 08:24:19 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
If Ainge can't make a deal I can see him trying to add an Eddie House type of guy and an extra shooter.  Rozier, Green, KO are ok but I could see doing that or adding a lesser big man who is active and will rebound.  I agree iwth Tommy that we have to box out better with our guards.  We allow too many players into the paint.

« Reply #86 on: December 05, 2016, 08:24:58 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
Well I could swallow giving up some really nice assets for Love, but for Noel? I would absolutely abhor giving any brk pick, smart or brown for him. I would give them Rozier,Mem pick,Yabu and any filler they want (eg.JY,2nds,Mickey,etc). I do think it's a reasonable trade due to rozier having potential, the Mem pick looking like a lottery pick and noel's value dropping a wee bit due to him not liking the situation there.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #87 on: December 05, 2016, 08:26:25 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
Will Koufos be a good option as a "lesser" big man?
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #88 on: December 05, 2016, 08:27:53 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
I like him but he reminds me too much of that guy we had a few years back.  I can't remember his name. 

Nick  Young, kenneth faried etc would help this team.

« Reply #89 on: December 05, 2016, 08:29:01 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Who was the guy we got for Perk I think to go with jeff green? That's who Koufos reminds me of.

Krstic...  Koufos and him are clones.  Both played for OKC too. Krstic was a dud here.

Koufos is better but same type of player.