Author Topic: Mike Gorman likes Noel  (Read 8607 times)

Re: Mike Gorman likes Noel
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2016, 03:07:27 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
I'm out for hte night though.  Have a good night.

« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2016, 03:08:17 AM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
Anyone else have that one friend that when he's drunk wants to argue with you over ridiculous topics?!

I more just wonder if you even see what you are doing.  Some of you keep doing that.
That's kind of what I was meaning here. The discussion goes on and on without any new points. You're right about one thing though, you can't read tone into a post.

« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2016, 03:14:33 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
I agree. Tone or time for that matter.  That's what I'm saying where I'm walking away and people think i want to argue.  I really just wanted to talk about noel and explain that. No big deal.

I really do need to go to bed though.  It was fun regardless lol. No hard feelings seriously.

I say that and people think i'm drunk and want to argue.  I don't know what to say to that and time for bed.

Facial expressions too..... I'd give some of you the eye of whatever but I'm more just laughing and going to bed.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 03:20:46 AM by walker834 »

« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2016, 03:31:04 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Again...

I don't like Noel.

I really don't care if he loves Boston. I don't care if he can block shots.

If anyone can fix Noel, its Stevens, but I'm convinced Stevens only needs players that can do certain things well.

1) Defend
2) Space the floor
3) Be able to pass or score within the flow of the offense
4) Be a team player

Clearly Noel can check mark certain key aspects, but.. I'm worried about a big man that can't shoot, doesn't hit the free throw line as much, and with the declining FTA impetus on our team as is, even more worrisome about bringing someone in that does just as bad in that area too.

Steals/blocks are a good indication of great defense, but maybe its just me, but I would rather go after Cousins, since I'm pretty sure the Blazers would max out someone like Noel.

Noel is a great player; if he was getting paid 12-14 million. Getting the max is clearly a no-no, and would definitely negate the ability to go after other max players, so no thank you.

Unlike Okafor or Embiid, Noel has always been a good professional team locker type of guy, so I definitely appreciate something like that. I think he would pair up with Horford, but I'm convinced we should go after Cousins hard.

I think a big man rotation of Cousins/Horford would honestly be impossible to really stop.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2016, 03:37:39 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Thing is monkhouse I think that's all valid about noel.  I don't know if he is the guy myself. He hasn't really shown anything in his career so far that he has that it factor.  I think as a role guy though and as if expectations are lower he could be good though. Amir is alright but not going to last forever here.

I agree with you though that Noel might not be worth it.  Amir is ok for the time being.  I just am concerned abotu all these picks we have.  We are going to have to spend some of them.

« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2016, 03:38:42 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
Thing is monkhouse I think that's all valid about noel.  I don't know if he is the guy myself. He hasn't really shown anything in his career so far that he has that it factor.  I think as a role guy though and as if expectations are lower he could be good though. Amir is alright but not going to last forever here.

I agree with you though that Noel might not be worth it.  Amir is ok for the time being.  I just am concerned abotu all these picks we have.  We are going to have to spend some of them.

Then you bundle up the picks for greater assets.

Or use the picks to acquire the 3 way trade that could benefit a team like SAC or WAS/Pacers.

« Reply #66 on: December 05, 2016, 03:40:33 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
I'd rather do that from a position of strength and get someone really good but that player might not be there. 

Noel is young enough and hasn't really been 100 percent and I don't think he loses value here.  We'd play him.

« Reply #67 on: December 05, 2016, 03:43:09 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
I'd rather do that from a position of strength and get someone really good but that player might not be there. 

Noel is young enough and hasn't really been 100 percent and I don't think he loses value here.  We'd play him.

Then if you get him, you have to be willing to assume he's worth a max.

If not, then you're just wasting assets.

I don't even know if Philly would trade us noel. We are in their division.  I tend to think they would rather trade him or Okafor elsewhere.  If they do it probably would take the nets pick.

I value our own players over the nets pick.  Even Smart.  I'd rather develop them then develop someone else.

Ainge would NEVER ever give up the Brooklyn Nets pick for Noel...'

Absolutely not.

Not for a one year rental, and not for a player that has been recovering from injury, and has ACL tears already.

« Reply #68 on: December 05, 2016, 03:44:04 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
I don't even know if Philly would trade us noel. We are in their division.  I tend to think they would rather trade him or Okafor elsewhere.  If they do it probably would take the nets pick.

I value our own players over the nets pick.  Even Smart.  I'd rather develop them then develop someone else.

I think trading for him would give us his rights so we can then negotiate from a position of strength as far as his contract.

Noel wants to play. He'd be able to do that here.  We can get him for less money that way.

« Reply #69 on: December 05, 2016, 03:45:05 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Noel would start at center for us with Horford at Power Forward.  I'd rather Cousins in ways but getting him seems more difficult. Getting Noel we wouldn't necessarily be out of the Cousins thing either.  We'd have Noel and other picks including the 18 nets pick to make that deal.

I'm with Gorman where I prefer him to Okafor.  Noel would start at center for us where Okafor isn't really that.

I really have to go to bed though.  Lets keep this on topic though for everyone involved.  I don't mind either way but things do get taken out of context both ways sometimes.

I'm usually joking try to remember that.  Soem of you are too.  Just try to remember that instead of banning people. I can talk about it over doing that but even that's pointless. Some things do annoy me after a while too. I can try but it gets tiring.

The best solution to me is to still just draft and go into the draft but if we are going to use these picks and make a trade these are the types of stuff that makes some sense.  There are only so many roster spots on an NBA roster.

If we can get Paul George and Boogie sure but this is just one idea.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 04:37:00 AM by walker834 »

« Reply #70 on: December 05, 2016, 04:32:35 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Hm well my maximum offer for noel would be rozier, zizic and perhaps the minny picks and a late 1st (LAC)
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #71 on: December 05, 2016, 04:46:10 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
I don't know what Ainge is trying to do but it would make sense for him to be offering up Rozier and some of these later picks for a quality player first. Then go into the draft and try to get another young star.    I don't know if Philly is trading us noel for that though.  I think they'd rather move him elsewhere.

« Reply #72 on: December 05, 2016, 04:49:00 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
A team like Milwaulkee is probably showcasing a guy like Henson right now. There are  probably other players like that.  Ainge is probably going to hold out.

This is me just trying to guage players values where a deal may actually happen

but to get Noel here would take the nets pick imo. 

Getting a guy like Deandre would take the nets pick  plus giving up a player like Smart as well.

Getting Henson would take Rozier and a late first rounder.

Getting Paul George and Cousins would take both nets picks plus Isaiah and brown if that's even plausible.

Ainge can get more creative and find someone else as well.  Noel to me out of all that makes the most sense.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 05:09:06 AM by walker834 »

« Reply #73 on: December 05, 2016, 05:05:37 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Then tbh tell them to **** themselves it's not gonna be a trade if we're overpaying that much
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #74 on: December 05, 2016, 05:10:28 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
I think Ainge may even try to get Kevin Love again for Crowder and the nets pick but that ship may have sailed.  He seems pretty happy in cleveland.

I know people think this is too much but as the trade deadline approaches if we haven't jumped on something by then I really wouldn't be surprised to hear Love's name again. 

As far as value I value our players but teams aren't stupid and what actually makes sense too.

We aren't getting these guys for nothing.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 05:24:38 AM by walker834 »