Author Topic: Mike Gorman likes Noel  (Read 8551 times)

Re: Mike Gorman likes Noel
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2016, 11:07:15 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
It's fine really.  Thanks though.  This became something it wasn't meant to be anyways.  Let's talk about Noel.

That's actually a good article on Gorman's thoughts on Noel and Smart.

Mike Gorman always seems to have nice things to say about Smart, despite what everyone has been saying about Smart's offensive deficiencies.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2016, 11:10:10 PM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
It's fine really.  Thanks though.  This became something it wasn't meant to be anyways.  Let's talk about Noel.

Imagine if the Eagles had flown Frodo into Mordor!
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2016, 11:42:55 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
I guess his wife is good with it .

« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2016, 11:51:26 PM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text

Imagine if the Eagles had flown Frodo into Mordor!

The eye would have seen them coming a long ways away.
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2016, 11:51:45 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Walker man is the system glitching? This happened to me once you've gotta clear the cache on you browser.

Tried to sign on one day, saw "banned status - never". Immediately first thought was what in God's name did I say?

Cleared my cache in my phone's chrome app and was able to sign in again.

Edit: Also worked when I tried to sign in through the phone's incognito mode.

« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2016, 12:02:13 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
No I was banned. I was told why. My wording wasn't the best but like i said tone is lost and what i said wasn't meant that way.  Honestly to me it isn't even an issue and I'll try to say things better but teh internet is just that way sometimes regardless of what you say.  People see what they want to see.  That isn't meant as offensive either.  This forum really isn't that bad.  Some are though.  I've just seen it enough is all.

I can totally see how it was seen that way too but it really wasn't meant that way is all I'm saying.  Sometimes my sense of humor is what it is.  I don't know how to explain that. I get tired myself of deali ng with it.

The first time I was banned here I was actually quoting a movie.  Honest.  I've seen worse though. This board isn't that bad.  Roy is usually pretty understanding.

I also will say I'm sorry if I offend people.  I'm not that petty.  I don't like hurting people.

What I was trying to say to Roy this time was a joke.  Both p osts were just talking about going after people vs letting it go.  People are different.  We aren't all the same is all.  People feel that way regardless want to go after people vs understanding which is half the issue. I can undertand being offended and wanting to go after people.  But at the same time that's half the issue.  It's complicated.  What i said was genuine in ways but wasn't meant that way is all.  I have no issue with  Roy.  I don't like being accused either though.

I'm a pretty understanding person like I say I am.  I'd rather do that. Some people don't.  That's life.

I get he is the moderator here too and that he's trying to stop things from descending into this kind of crap. Why I'd rather we just back on topic.

People imo should try to lighten up a bit instead of taking things so personally imo....  I'm from massachusetts what do you expect? 
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 12:13:57 AM by walker834 »

« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2016, 12:15:37 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
1.  Stop ranting.

2. You obviously said something that made somebody on this forum feel either offended or threatened.  If you didn't, you would not have been banned, therefore you obviously did. 

3. You obviously feel that that your comment was not made with the intention of offending.threatening, and hence feel that you were unfairly banned based on a misunderstanding.

Based on points #2 and #3, the solution is simple - locate the person who you offended via PM. Explain to them that you understand how your comment may not have been misinterpreted as being offensive, and that you apologize for any offense caused.  Explain that it was just a simple misunderstanding, and that you did not mean it the way it was taken. 

You're approaching this as if it's your word against his, as if you're tying to prove he is the bad guy, not you. 

You should be approaching it with a completely different mind frame - a mind frame of "there is no bad guy, it was just a simple misunderstanding". 

As long as you continue to push blame at other forum members, all you're doing is continuing to present the image of a person who is argumentative, aggressive, and a trouble maker.  You're only adding fuel to the fire. 

In fact there's really nothing worse for you right now then to jump on a forum publicly criticizing other forum members in front of an audience.  It's the worst possible thing you can do if clearing your name is your intention.

« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2016, 12:17:01 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
I'm really not going to waste my time doing that.  I have my reasons for that too. Some people really aren't going to understand regardless.  Also not ranting.  I wrote that more thought it was a nice thing.

Honestly I'm unbanned at this point so why does it even matter.  I said what I wanted to say.  Not going to jump through hoops for people that aren't willing to do that for me.  Been there done that.

He's the one who banned me.

4 day suspension too.  It's his board. Not going to the supreme court either. He can be roger goodell. It's not like he was rushing to apoligize to me.  Honestly i have been there too and will bend over backwards for people and it's really not worth it with stuff like that.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 01:04:05 AM by walker834 »

« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2016, 01:56:19 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I'm really not going to waste my time doing that.  I have my reasons for that too. Some people really aren't going to understand regardless.  Also not ranting.  I wrote that more thought it was a nice thing.

Honestly I'm unbanned at this point so why does it even matter.  I said what I wanted to say.  Not going to jump through hoops for people that aren't willing to do that for me.  Been there done that.

He's the one who banned me.

4 day suspension too.  It's his board. Not going to the supreme court either. He can be roger goodell. It's not like he was rushing to apoligize to me.  Honestly i have been there too and will bend over backwards for people and it's really not worth it with stuff like that.

Why should he apologize?

You obviously are the one who said something that made somebody feel offended.  It's not up to him to apologize for being offended - it's up to you to apologize for making him feel offended, even if you don't feel he was warranted in feeling that way. 

And you keep saying that you aren't ranting, but with all due respect that's pretty much exactly what this entire threat composes of - ranting.  You may not see it as ranting, but based on the comments of others so far it seems like just about every other person who has replied has seen it that way too - but instead of acknowledging it, you choose to criticize those people for their lack of understanding.  If everybody who reads the threads feels that you are ranting, then obviously your posts are in the style of a rant - whether you choose to accept that or not. 

Sometimes we have to detach ourselves from a situation emotionally and look at it objectively in order to see it the way others may be seeing it.

For example, the title of this threead gives off the impression that the thread centers around the subjects of Mike Gorman and Nerlens Noel.  Clearly it doesn't, since about 80% - 90% of the posts you have made in the threat focus on the subject of your ban and the person who enforced that ban. 

This makes your thread appear deceiving - I actually opened the thread because I was curious to hear what Mike Gorman allegedly said about Nerlens Noel.  If your threat title read "I was banned unfairly blah blah rant" then I never would have opened it.  This gives off the impression that you purposely set the subject as you did purely to draw interest towards the thread so that you could get an audience for your ranting and complaining.  Perhaps this is not your reason for doing it that way, but it's how it come across...given the title has little to do with the actual content of the thread.

So again, you're very quick to blame / criticize other people for not understanding the reasoning behind your words / actions, but you don't seem to (for a moment) stop and ask yourself - is it maybe you who has simply not communicated your message very clearly?

You even admit yourself (just above) that you can see how your words may have been taken the way they were.  So in other words, you are openly acknowledging that your choice of words were not the best, and that your comment(s) were a little ambiguous / open to interpretation.   So how can you criticize somebody for taking your words the wrong way, when you openly admit that your comment was worded in a questionable way, that would be easy to take the wrong way?

You're right, the internet is a textual form of communication, and as such it can be very difficult to accurately portray emotion / expression / tone.  But that's not the fault of the person who's reading.  It upt o us to take responsibly for the words we write, and make sure we are taking measures to make sure it's not written in a way that can be easily misunderstood.  If we do make that mistake of miscommunication then that's OK, it happens.  But it's own own error, so it's up to us to accept responsibility for that error and take measures to make it right.  Maybe that means contact the person who was offended and apologizing, even if it's something that seems silly to you.  Something that is light hearted to one person can be extremely offensive to another. That's just the nature of the game.

I'm sure you mean no ill by your comments, but that means nothing if you:

1) Aren't communicating your intentions clearly

and

2) Aren't willing to listen to constructive criticism on how you may better communicate your thoughts.

But anyway I won't drag on any further if you don't have a desire to go any further into it, as I'm not trying to start an argument or create any drama here.  I just wanted to give some  feedback on steps you might be able to take in future to avoid similar undesirable results.  Whether you listen to feedback or do your own thing, entirely up to you.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 02:11:12 AM by crimson_stallion »

« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2016, 02:15:09 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
I never said he should.  It's done with now.  This commercial just sprung to mind though because it's basically everything i've said.  you can't fake greatness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlRLVUrdouw

TB12 and I have the same birthday.  Coincidence? I don't know.

I just deal with a lot of assumptions on the internet.  That's all.  Meaning, tone etc is lost.

Some people in this thread get it and don't do that.  Some not so much.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 02:20:11 AM by walker834 »

« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2016, 02:34:39 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1466
crimson_stallion:
"For example, the title of this threead gives off the impression that the thread centers around the subjects of Mike Gorman and Nerlens Noel.  Clearly it doesn't, since about 80% - 90% of the posts you have made in the threat focus on the subject of your ban and the person who enforced that ban. "

I agree.  Maybe the title of the thread could be changed by mods, or the thread creator?  I was drawn to it just like you were, I wanted to see some discussion of Mike's view of Noel.  That isn't what this thread is about.

« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2016, 02:37:57 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
I wish it was too.  Ah well.  No one wants to talk about that. I tried to do that. Besides I'm hard enough on myself to have peopel assuming crap.

What's funny is no one notices that I tried to change the subject several times.  People want to assume the worst.

Instead of saying yeah that is ridiculosu and lets talk about noel.  I was willing to do that.

Now you want to change the title of the thread instead of doing that.

Please do.  Talk about Noel.  Or not.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 02:49:55 AM by walker834 »

« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2016, 02:52:06 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
I agree with Gorman on both points he made.  I've made the same ones.  Same with Smart.  I like most of the guys we have. I'd rather develop our own guys and add to that somehow.  I don't know if Noel is the guy but I agree with Gorman's assessment that he fits a need here.  I think we can possibly do better but with all these draft picks coming up it's difficult to say.  I'm not sure Cousins is coming available.  He is another guy I really like but whether he is available I don't know.  I think the nets pick as a trade asset can potentially get a deal done somewhere.  I think less is going to be difficult.

I'd keep the 18 pick as insurance.  I'd be wary to trade any of our young guys though. Smart is somewhat debateable but I agree with Gorman.  Brown should stay put imo.

Cap space is big but we have expiring deals and dealing for Noel where we can sign him and have rights on him gives us leverage that way, where we can sign him for less and still have cap space.  Why I like it.

I think this team lacks a big man. Horford is good but if we want to challenge this year another big man would be nice.

we are still a top team in the east regardless imo but with all these draft picks something has to give.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 03:02:32 AM by walker834 »

« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2016, 03:02:31 AM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
Anyone else have that one friend that when he's drunk wants to argue with you over ridiculous topics?!

« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2016, 03:03:50 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Anyone else have that one friend that when he's drunk wants to argue with you over ridiculous topics?!

I more just wonder if you even see what you are doing.  Some of you keep doing that.