Author Topic: Mike Gorman likes Noel  (Read 8572 times)

Re: Mike Gorman likes Noel
« Reply #105 on: December 05, 2016, 09:41:05 AM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
1.  Stop ranting.

2. You obviously said something that made somebody on this forum feel either offended or threatened.  If you didn't, you would not have been banned, therefore you obviously did. 

3. You obviously feel that that your comment was not made with the intention of offending.threatening, and hence feel that you were unfairly banned based on a misunderstanding.

Based on points #2 and #3, the solution is simple - locate the person who you offended via PM. Explain to them that you understand how your comment may not have been misinterpreted as being offensive, and that you apologize for any offense caused.  Explain that it was just a simple misunderstanding, and that you did not mean it the way it was taken. 

TP for breaking it down.

Not sure why this guy doesn't get it. I've been warned before and corrected my actions and acknowledged the rules of the board. Not very difficult.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #106 on: December 05, 2016, 09:43:24 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
Philly can play Embiid and Okafor together and Simmons at pg when he gets back.  Eventually they will deal Okafor probbaly and get a real pg where Simmons plays more forward.  Why they might trade Saric and Noel.

« Reply #107 on: December 05, 2016, 09:45:15 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
1.  Stop ranting.

2. You obviously said something that made somebody on this forum feel either offended or threatened.  If you didn't, you would not have been banned, therefore you obviously did. 

3. You obviously feel that that your comment was not made with the intention of offending.threatening, and hence feel that you were unfairly banned based on a misunderstanding.

Based on points #2 and #3, the solution is simple - locate the person who you offended via PM. Explain to them that you understand how your comment may not have been misinterpreted as being offensive, and that you apologize for any offense caused.  Explain that it was just a simple misunderstanding, and that you did not mean it the way it was taken. 

TP for breaking it down.

Not sure why this guy doesn't get it. I've been warned before and corrected my actions and acknowledged the rules of the board. Not very difficult.

I did get it.  People are allowed to insult me though apparently.  If you read the thread where it happened people were doing that. You are the ones going on and on about it. I corrected my actions and people were insulting me in the thread where I got banned.

Is that your assumption that I don't get it?  That's a pretty silly assumption of people.  I usually assume people are not like that and respect them.  Some disagree and some truly don't but to each their own.

Even Mike Felger.  I might not agree with him but wanting to get him fired which is what people were saying in th thread where it happened is a bit hypocritical imo and half the issue with people.  That isn't an insult.  It's a word in the dictionary. Mike Felger I don't agree with him, but I don't think he's stupid.  Tanguay might be.  That's a joke btw.  People are ignorant, drama queens and bullies in a variety of ways.  That also isn't an insult. It's the truth. I might not even think that but it is what it is.  People have different opinions. I understood perfectly fine what Roy said.  Whether he understood me who knows. I could sit here and say you are a bunch of drama queens for banning me and nto being able  to take a joke too which is probably true as well. I could say "do you  need a tissue?" lol but that's kind of combative and insulting imo. Some days I might.  I'm  more just laughing at it anyways. Even that and what kind of laugh is telling. It's really no big deal. Some of you truly are delusional in this instance. It's the internet.

Also not ranting btw.  I'm typing in a very calm way.  I just can type fast.  I honestly wasn't even saying what he thinks I was. Whether you can realize that or not is a lot of drama. Totally understood what he said without him even having to say it. I thought what I said was fine.  he didn't apparently.

No offense but the internet and media is full of nonsense and drama sometimes. Some of it isn't. YOu guys aren't really the ones to talk about what is drama and what isn't.  Blogs in general are full of drama.  The media in general and people in the media are in the media for a reason.  A lot of them are drama queens. Some aren't.  Some are good at it.  Most just love basketball and are actually nice people.  Some aren't as nice as others. Some just aren't.

Mike Felger himself can be hypocritical in a lot of the things he says.  Look up the definition and the meaning of the word.  People can be that in a variety of ways about a lot of things. About various players on this team etc. Even in reverse with people who try to be overly whatever and can't take criticism.     It's just people showing emotion.  If i say something about it it's usually pretty much that.  Even Mike Felger and Horford's wife there.  Felger was being insensitive to a woman who just gave birth lol  who was that in return.  It's not an insult. It's a word and an accurate description sometimes. I got banned for  realizing what was actually going on lol.  A woman gave birth.  Felger was an ass. Some people were legitamently trying to show their support. Some people went off the deep end.  Hysteria ensued.  I just thought it was somewhat hysterical some of it was just pathetic. I can get people trying to do nice things but at the same time it wasn't really that.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 06:23:30 PM by walker834 »

« Reply #108 on: December 05, 2016, 09:47:10 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I would have to say no to deandre and noel if it's the 17 pick, that pick has a shot of being transcendent while those two are basically defensive big men. Huge overpay.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #109 on: December 05, 2016, 09:53:59 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
I think doc wants the 17 plus smart for Deandre which I would not do.  17 and jerebko for Saric and Noel I think is pretty fair. 

« Reply #110 on: December 05, 2016, 09:56:14 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I think doc wants the 17 plus smart for Deandre which I would not do.  17 and jerebko for Saric and Noel I think is pretty fair.
Um, no, Sixers hang up.  Their future core should be Simmons, Embiid, Saric.  That's a good combination of size, ball handling and shooting.

« Reply #111 on: December 05, 2016, 09:58:26 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Noel has more questions where Deandre is a legit starting center.  Noel is more a risk though.  Looking at next years draft I am really not that high on many players at the top.  Noel was the 6th pick in a stronger draft and is still young. I would hold out for better. But I would definately consider that.  I'd consider noel for the 17 straight up but to match contracts something has to give whether it's amir for covington or something like that.

None of this is happening today where I think ainge will make a push for better as the deadline approaches. Noel is just coming back from injury.  He could be traded before that but I think he'll be there until the deadline.

Teams are still posturing etc.  Ainge will try to do better.

« Reply #112 on: December 05, 2016, 07:13:16 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Lol what? @surferdad you serious? A 6th pick.ina weak draft and a 12th pick is worth more than a top pick in a loaded draft? I respect your posts but [dang] that's around fair value tbh
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #113 on: December 05, 2016, 07:22:47 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
I would have to say no to deandre and noel if it's the 17 pick, that pick has a shot of being transcendent while those two are basically defensive big men. Huge overpay.

So this is where Danny's (and C's scouting) knowledge (belief) makes all the difference. If Danny agrees with you that there is transcendent talent in the 2017 draft available in the top 5, then Danny either trades for a transcendent talent or he keeps the pick --  no other choice is plausible. 

« Reply #114 on: December 05, 2016, 07:26:11 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Um, no, Sixers hang up.  Their future core should be Simmons, Embiid, Saric.  That's a good combination of size, ball handling and shooting.

Yeah Saric is a nice role player but I really don't think the 76ers view him as some key part to a core. It would be similar to us saying that KO is a key part of our core.

« Reply #115 on: December 05, 2016, 07:36:23 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Noel has more questions where Deandre is a legit starting center.  Noel is more a risk though.  Looking at next years draft I am really not that high on many players at the top.  Noel was the 6th pick in a stronger draft and is still young. I would hold out for better. But I would definately consider that.  I'd consider noel for the 17 straight up but to match contracts something has to give whether it's amir for covington or something like that.

None of this is happening today where I think ainge will make a push for better as the deadline approaches. Noel is just coming back from injury.  He could be traded before that but I think he'll be there until the deadline.

Teams are still posturing etc.  Ainge will try to do better.
A stronger draft?
Bennett
Oladipo
Porter
Zeller
Len

I think youd be hard pressed to find a worse top 5.

Even if you think that was a better draft that doesnt matter anymore. Isaiah Thomas was the 60th pick  and Anthony Bennett went first.

The '17 first is our Star card.

We, as constituted need a star. If we cant move that pick for a star we need to keep it and hope we draft a star with it. We have a solid squad. We are at the point where a bird in hand is no longer worth two in the bush.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 07:46:37 PM by Ilikesports17 »
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #116 on: December 05, 2016, 07:48:00 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Oh my bad.   I always confuse the Noel draft with the Smart one.  I think Brown is going to be pretty good.  Getting stars this draft josh jackson, fultz, isaac, smith, ball, fox, giles.  I'm not sure I see a better player than Noel is all.  At least for us.  I value both Smart and Brown more than most of those guys.

« Reply #117 on: December 05, 2016, 07:53:16 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Only way we get an insta star is via trade which means giving up young assets and that pick or we find someone that draft. 

I don't know how much we need a star honestly.  I think we could definately use one. Isaiah and Horford are pretty [dang] good.  Crowder is solid.  Brown and Smart are up and coming to me.

Getting a star here most likely means giving up that pick plus more and young assets like brown and smart or trading Isaiah or Crowder.

I really don't think teams even llisten to anything less unless there is something I'm missing.   

Superstar plaeyrs around the league to get those guys it's going to take the nets pick plus brown, smart, isaiah or crowder.  That's their value at the very least.

« Reply #118 on: December 05, 2016, 08:41:42 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
If all else fails and we don't want to ship the nets pick for noel, there's always Bogut.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-trade-rumors-celtics-seeking-a-big-man-mavs-andrew-bogut-likely-a-target/

The C's to me are definately going to be targetting big men that is for sure.  I'm actually fine with giving up a late pick for Bogut. I sort of hope we can do better than that though.  Good safety net though and solid addition.

I don't think I trade them Rozier for Bogut though.  Amir and a late pick sure.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 08:47:40 PM by walker834 »

« Reply #119 on: December 05, 2016, 10:02:01 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Um, locked.  We just saw this - I guess we just don't care about Mike Gorman's GMing skills, haha - but this was a disaster.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes