Author Topic: Comments from the other side (sixers)  (Read 3320 times)

Comments from the other side (sixers)
« on: December 04, 2016, 05:57:26 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I like reading "comments from the other side" on celticsgreenblog after every game and i've decided to start posting it here after each game.  Even Sixers fans were surprised how bad we are turning out.  Last night was disappointing in a way.

Covington Is questionable tonight so this will probably get ugly. Seems like we never play the Celtics under typical circumstances, there's always something.

I just want Holmes to throw down on Horford again!

Our guards always get abused by Celtics guards' defense. While Jah and Noel have a love hate rationship with Boston. LOL

I'm curious to see if Noel will log some minutes tonight. I know what BB said, but Nerlens practiced with Delaware yesterday and I think he would like to play against the Celts.

I'll probably DVR just to see Jae Crowder, one of my favorite players from around the league.

I hope Jah plays well, tired of Boston fans saying he's terrible. I think that without Embiid it will be tough to compete though. I think Jah goes for 16 and 10, we lose by 15.

We are probably going to get embarrassed tonight though.....maybe Okafor will have one of "those" games.

Maybe silly *** Danny Ainge will even desire him again.

Tonight is going to get ugly boys and girls. We're gonna end up giving up 120+

This could be real ugly watching Stauskus guard the monster in Crowder

Sixers probably shouldn’t win tonight, but the Celtics defense has been poor to start the season and their rim protection is middling. They’re also a terrible rebounding team, so you never know. If their shooters have an off-night we could steal a win. But that’ll have more to do with them not playing well vs us playing well.

So far on the 2nd night of back to backs we have lost by 16, 21, 24, and 27. Obviously Joel has not played in any of them, but we haven’t even competed. This could get ugly. Let’s keep it under 30.

I don’t look forward to seeing us have to defend the Celtics without RoCo me Joel, especially a p---ed off Celtics team that hasn’t been winning as much as they hoped

Honestly, I think the Celtics are so bad up front we can still give them some problems. I mean they suck in the frontcourt almost as bad as we do in the backcourt.

Horford?

Horford is a good matchup but he can’t play 48 minutes.

This is probably going to be a very depressing game... Isaiah Thomas will go off, no perimeter D or at the rim means Crowder, Avery, and Thomas are going to kill it. At least we’ll see the second best healthy center on the 76ers play tonight.

Isaiah is about to go bananas.

Would love nothing more than for Okafor to drop 30 on this team

Great start for Jah. Great start for the team. Quiet around here, though. Guess everyone’s expecting the inevitable collapse. Or didn’t tune in for that reason

Or everyone is actually there to hate on the Celtics?

That dude Avery Bradley is a true stud now

Olynyk does not look like he belongs on a bball court, just looks out of place for some reason, can’t figure out why

Reallllly getting sick of Ilyasova flopping on every shot attempt

what’s the deal with Marcus Smart? he’s no good? Someone give me the cliffs notes.

Shhhhhhh. Nobody wake up the Celts.

Well, we got to watch an entertaining quarter of basketball tonight, that's more than I was expecting.

Who is this team and what have they done with the Celtics?

Jaylen Brown Wearing semi-short shorts. Gotta respect that

I still find is amazing that even playing a weak rebounding team like Boston with really a small starting line-up...Okafor with 8 minutes played has 1 Rebound ???

For a second I thought Marcus Smart was Jared Sullinger.

Lol everytime they show green I can't not laugh.

Am I the only one struggling to figure out why this Celtics team is good? They should be rolling us without Embiid.

Lol, Crowder claiming he got all ball, he didn't even touch the ball...

"Ball don’t lie" -Jae Crowder

Bradley is outstanding

There were a ton of fans who wanted to sign him myself included. It’s crazy that at 6’2 he’s their leading rebounder.

Okafor is allergic to catching and shooting.

The Sixers are playing pretty poorly, but somehow winning by double digits.

It's been ugly, but as long as we're hitting 3's than nothing else really matters.

Horford --- Do you think Boston is regretting that contract? I know he has been out with concussions, and they planned to use him to lure other stars, but.
A) he isn’t that charismatic, so who is he luring?
B) He is averaging less than 7 rebounds and 15 points. Granted he is swatting more than 2 a game
C) who is he making better?
He is 30 years old and making 26 million a season. In four years he has a player option for 30 million, is isn’t a top ten player now, and he certainly won’t be then, so again I ask…do you think Celtics regret that signing.

We're just lucky IT and Bradley decided to try to be splash bro's tonight because if they kept dumping it to Horford over and over we would be toast.

Celtics half-time show is saying this is a must-win game and a loss would be "demoralizing" Sixers please, we’re begging you

Looks like about 10 Celtics missed the memo

Wonder what Ersan’s personal record for flops in a game is. it’s gotta be double digits.

wonder if Vivek ever feels stupid for dumping Isaiah Thomas for no good reason. then again, doesn’t seem like a guy who admits mistakes.

IT is complaining a lot to the refs.

Celtics out there with a great lineup – four defenders + Isaiah.

Tank lineup plus refs = bye bye lead

Did I mention Avery Bradley was phenomenal?

Sauce telling Thomas "that’s some bull**** right there", followed by Thomas mouthing off and saying "stop lying".

This is the lineup that's going to sink us. IT-Bradley-Smart-Crowder-Johnson. Way too much speed, athleticism, and penetration.

And all those tall guys and Avery Bradley gets the rebound.

Scalabrine is throwing so much shade at Saric it's insane "He’s been playing professional ball since he’s 15. He’s not a rookie."

This Boston team might be the most hateable group ever assembled

Dario Puts Jerebko down with the sick crossover—-THE HOMIE! Drains it

Croatia takes down Sweden.

That’s one helluva coach over there

Smart is awful on offense.

Not a total 3rd quarter meltdown Trust the progress

We have a chance here, but I’m terrified of Jah’s fourth quarter D.

Smart is terrible. Jumper a work in progress my ass.

A friendly reminder that 7 meaningless wins was the difference between Embiid and Smart in the 2014 draft.

So in the year when the Celtics will be paying horford $30M, that will be more than the combined salaries of…embiid Simmons okafor and whoever we take this coming year, correct?

Ok so someone tell me why Horford (Okafor’s man) gets left wide wide open for the 3. Is it Jah’s fault? It the scheme? How can that happen?

Well Okafor forgot to cover Horford....of all people to forget and needlessly double Marcus Smart...

Lol, Jaylen Brown was standing in that lane for a while. He’s got no clue what he’s doing out there.

If there is a championship of how to lose a basketball game The sixers are perennial world champions. Bunch of losers, lol.

Brown out-coaching Stevens, coming out small out of that time-out?

Isaiah Thomas just absolutely schooling the Sixers.

Ha horford clanks a 3, well not everybody can be Joel embiid

$113m for Horford, he.

Thomas can literally do anything he wants to because he's so small, lol.

Horrendous officiating. Yet again. This is becoming investigation worthy. This happens to the Sixers on a nightly basis, and it's not fair.

This team never has any clue what to do on offense ever. It's basically a free for all pick up game. Hopefully we hire a head coach one of these days instead of coming into the season with the position vacant.

Is Thomas the least impactful high stat volume guy in the NBA or what? He and Wiggins man. Hollow numbers.

Freaking Okafor....you fat *** can't hold a post position and get pushed to the 3 point line, and can't even give the spin out. Silver lining is he now has 5 fouls because he can't stop hugging IT.

The fact this this is still a 2 point game is hilarious

I live in Boston and am watching the Celtics broadcast. Scalabrine went on a 3 minute rant early on of why Saric was overrated. He’s been awfully quiet too.

Can we hire a coach only for the last 3 minutes of close games? Brett can coach the rest of the game though.

I'm so sick of tanking……watched everygame of the process. Sigh

Trust the process Took the C’s wire to wire without Embiid, Simmons, Cov (could have at least added some D), and Bayliss

The most depressing thing about this season for me is that we’re likely never going to see this team out on the court at full strength since Noel is likely to be traded the second he’s healthy enough to play.

Sixers putting up over 100 on Boston is the latest sign that the Boston defense is utter **** this year.

No Embiid, Simmons, Noel, and Covington and the Celtics barely beat us. How pathetic.

Man so surprised they were even remotely close in this game against a good Celtics team

When things slowed down in the 4th, Isiah Thomas got to the rack or drew a foul whenever he wanted.

The Sixers have the same result every game for the last 3 years. Loss, loss, loss, loss, loss, loss, loss, loss, loss, loss, loss, loss, loss....

I love that Boston spent 100 million on Al Horford, to do the same thing Kelly Olynyk already did for them. Shoot jumpers and avoid Rebounds. The Celtics are going to get ran over in the 1st round again, unless they trade one of those Brooklyn picks for a legitimate big man.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 09:24:14 PM by Clench123 »

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

Re: Comments from the other side (sixers)
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 06:29:55 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I like the Kelly avoiding rebounds . 

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 06:31:00 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
TP.

You're right, it's fun reading game threads by fans of other teams, especially the Stinkers fans.

Interesting mix of jealousy, anger, resignation, real loyalty (admirable) and perspective.

Surprised how they can't see Horford's value.

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2016, 06:31:38 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Interesting. No real surprise that they hate Horford and Smart because they are both guys whos value isnt really seen in the box score.

They seem to to really like Bradley and Crowder. I was also intrigued by them calling Thomas the biggest empty stat guy in the league

I should clarify that while Smart and Horford make impacts outside the box score. Horford is on another level and not outwardly terrible at anything. I dont mean to equate the two. Just note that if your primary means of judging a player is by looking at their box scores (something completely reasonable for a fan of an opposing team) then you are going to end up underrating both those guys.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2016, 06:35:39 PM »

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 614
  • Puns of steel
I thought it was strange how they interpreted Scal's commentary on Saric as criticism. I thought Scal was super complimentary of Saric.
My biases, in order of fervor:
Pro:
Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Kemba, Grant Williams, Sleepy Williams, Edwards!

Anti:
Kanter, Semi, Theis, Poierier

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2016, 07:02:32 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Love the mandatory "officiating is so biased against us it must be rigged" guy. Every single fanbase has those.

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2016, 07:19:53 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3174
Love the mandatory "officiating is so biased against us it must be rigged" guy. Every single fanbase has those.

Because the officiating is often random and nonsensical in both directions...

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2016, 07:24:03 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2919
Just reinforces my belief that the majority of Sixers fans are idiots.

Horford has some of the best advanced/on-off stats in the league, and he literally put up a historic stat game the night before. I guess Sixers fans are like a lot of fans here who overreact to one game.

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2016, 07:25:32 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2919

Because the officiating is often random and nonsensical in both directions...

For real. The foul count was 21-23 and the free throw count was 29-26. That's pretty dang even.

At least when most of us on Celticsblog complain about the refs there's usually a significant disparity in free throws or fouls.

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2016, 07:31:19 PM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188
i wonder which one of those comments is LarBrd33s'?

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2016, 07:44:43 PM »

Offline CelticsFan166

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 133
TP.

You're right, it's fun reading game threads by fans of other teams, especially the Stinkers fans.

Interesting mix of jealousy, anger, resignation, real loyalty (admirable) and perspective.

Surprised how they can't see Horford's value.

And appreciation. There's no shame in admitting that sometimes, the other team has really good players. That doesn't make them any less of fans at all, it just means that they respect talent when they see it.

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2016, 08:04:53 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
This one hurt me to the bone. 

A friendly reminder that 7 meaningless wins was the difference between Embiid and Smart in the 2014 draft.

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2016, 08:10:58 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

the last thing i want to do is make this another Philly/Hinkie thread, but I'd think that Smart would look pretty good if he was given free reign in Philly for a few years
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2016, 08:38:39 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4592

the last thing i want to do is make this another Philly/Hinkie thread, but I'd think that Smart would look pretty good if he was given free reign in Philly for a few years

I don't know man, I love Smart, but can't help but cringe thinking what that might look like.

Something like a defensive SG version of Antoine Walker on a bad shooting night? 

Maybe 18/7/7/3 while shooting 35/25/60 and leading the league in turnovers, 3pa, and technicals? **Shiver**

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2016, 09:20:08 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
TP man. Some of the best reading material I have read in a long time.

One guy thought Smart was Sully for a moment LOL.

My favorite one was one guy said this may be the most hate able Cetlic team ever! ROFL

They had some good points and some good hate, just love it!  ;D