Author Topic: What does KO and Jerebko next contract look like?  (Read 2212 times)

Re: What does KO and Jerebko next contract look like?
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2016, 11:15:29 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
For KO Guessing 4 years at 17 million a season (celtics resign)

For Jerebko guessing 4 years at 10 million a season(celtics resign)

Your guess?
KO is still coming off the bench and just playing 22 mpg.  He's not even the 6th man.  Jerebko could only get 2 years at 5 mil with the 2nd year being a team option for his current contract.  He's done nothing to justify doubling the years and doubling the money.  If either KO or Jerebko get offers like that Ainge should let them walk.  Tying up 25% of our cap space for the next 4 years on 2 bench role players would be a huge mistake.   

What are you going to do the following offseason when Thomas, Bradley and Smart want to get paid?

Last season, Dennis Schroder was playing 20mpg off the bench and got a big extension.  Kelly Olynyk is a more valuable player than Schroder.  KO should get an offer that is more than Gorgui Dieng and less than Ryan Anderson.

If Ainge can't land a major free agent, he probably looks to re-sign Olynyk if he doesn't get a crazy offer sheet and soaks any excess cap space with team-friendly contracts with unguaranteed second years.
They gave Schroder a big extension because they were going to make him their starting PG.  Why exactly is Olynyk more valuable than Schroder?

Because he's a better player.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2016, 11:38:50 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
I think both are gone. Jerebko for sure. Keeping their cap holds next year will stop us from signing a max level free agent like Haywood or Griffin and you know if Ainge doesnt make a significant trade thats the direction he will go in.

I bet Jerebko will be part of a package this year  prior  to the trade deadline. Keep an eye on things around Xmas to early January. If Kelley is around, he gets resigned 3 years at 10 mil per year and free haircuts.

If they can get Kelly to sign 3 years 10 million a year that's a steal in the new CBA!

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2016, 11:40:01 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
That's for the Kings to decide

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2016, 11:41:46 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
For KO Guessing 4 years at 17 million a season (celtics resign)

For Jerebko guessing 4 years at 10 million a season(celtics resign)

Your guess?

If Ainge even offers anywhere near that, I will be very disappointed... KO is a great floor stretching big that can play team defense well, but... 17 million per year? No thank you.

Jerebko in my eyes is at least worth Amir Johnson's contract, 12 million with team option.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2016, 01:00:42 AM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
I'd probably let both walk at those prices. 

If you're going to get mediocre/inconsistent production from your front-court players they should at least be on rookie/cheap contracts.

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2016, 01:02:44 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Yeah I'd definitely let them walk at those prices, even more so if we draft Harry Giles next year. That being said, I'll still try and sign KO for 15 mil a year even if we get Giles
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA