Author Topic: What does KO and Jerebko next contract look like?  (Read 2184 times)

What does KO and Jerebko next contract look like?
« on: December 04, 2016, 11:02:07 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
For KO Guessing 4 years at 17 million a season (celtics resign)

For Jerebko guessing 4 years at 10 million a season(celtics resign)

Your guess?

Re: What does KO and Jerebko next contract look like?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 11:08:28 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Your guess?

Those numbers seem about right, but I don't think Danny will resign both
I'm bitter.

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 11:29:24 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Your guess?

I think he will

Amir and Zeller wont be back next season

Draft Giles, Rabb and/or go after a key pf FA like Ibaka (if a trade for a pf cant be made at the trade deadline)

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2016, 11:35:47 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Your guess?

I think he will

Draft Giles, Rabb and/or go after a key pf FA like Ibaka (if a trade for a pf cant be made at the trade deadline)

I just think they're too redundant. It's fine to have both when they're getting paid a combined $7 million or so a year, but at $27 million combined I think Danny lets one of them go
I'm bitter.

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2016, 11:42:29 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
looks like a bunch of papers with the name of NBA teams probably not named Boston Celtics.

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2016, 11:42:57 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I think both are gone. Jerebko for sure. Keeping their cap holds next year will stop us from signing a max level free agent like Haywood or Griffin and you know if Ainge doesnt make a significant trade thats the direction he will go in.

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2016, 11:46:26 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559

Your guess?

I think he will

Amir may not be here, but we're gonna have to drive a stake through the heart of Zeller.  ;)

I'm hoping for new faces when it comes to Celtic bigs.

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2016, 11:53:31 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I always knew we would have Kelly's Bird Rights (obviously), but wasn't totally sure about JJ's. This from CBAFAQ:

The first season of the three-year tenure doesn't have to be a full season. If a player signs midseason in year one, then plays for two additional full seasons, his team will have full Bird rights following the third season.

We had JJ for a very limited time in his first season and he has since played two seasons for us. I was always under the assumption that he was automatically gone if we signed a big name FA, but evidently we could drop KO and keep him if Ainge so chose to do so.

Either way, I don't see us keeping both of them - mainly because I have very [naive] high hopes for free agency. I guess it all depends on the player or players we bring in.

Edit: I realize we signed JJ using his Bird Rights in the first place since we acquired them from Detroit, but wasn't sure they transferred to the next contract with the 3-year rule.

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2016, 05:09:21 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

Your guess?
KO is still coming off the bench and just playing 22 mpg.  He's not even the 6th man.  Jerebko could only get 2 years at 5 mil with the 2nd year being a team option for his current contract.  He's done nothing to justify doubling the years and doubling the money.  If either KO or Jerebko get offers like that Ainge should let them walk.  Tying up 25% of our cap space for the next 4 years on 2 bench role players would be a huge mistake.   

What are you going to do the following offseason when Thomas, Bradley and Smart want to get paid? 

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2016, 05:14:52 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

Your guess?

definitely not keeping both. and i'd never give jerebko 4 more years, no offense to him, but he's not that good.

honestly, i want to look for other stretch bigs that are more consistent and can still be at least decent at rebounding and defense.

maybe we have to look in the draft? how about Lauri Markkanen? http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4066336/lauri-markkanen

good shooter and he's got size too. defense isn't that great though, and more rebounds for a 7 footer would be nice
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2016, 05:20:21 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

Your guess?
KO is still coming off the bench and just playing 22 mpg.  He's not even the 6th man.  Jerebko could only get 2 years at 5 mil with the 2nd year being a team option for his current contract.  He's done nothing to justify doubling the years and doubling the money.  If either KO or Jerebko get offers like that Ainge should let them walk.  Tying up 25% of our cap space for the next 4 years on 2 bench role players would be a huge mistake.   

What are you going to do the following offseason when Thomas, Bradley and Smart want to get paid?

Last season, Dennis Schroder was playing 20mpg off the bench and got a big extension.  Kelly Olynyk is a more valuable player than Schroder.  KO should get an offer that is more than Gorgui Dieng and less than Ryan Anderson.

If Ainge can't land a major free agent, he probably looks to re-sign Olynyk if he doesn't get a crazy offer sheet and soaks any excess cap space with team-friendly contracts with unguaranteed second years.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2016, 05:21:36 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76

Your guess?

definitely not keeping both. and i'd never give jerebko 4 more years, no offense to him, but he's not that good.

honestly, i want to look for other stretch bigs that are more consistent and can still be at least decent at rebounding and defense.

maybe we have to look in the draft? how about Lauri Markkanen? http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4066336/lauri-markkanen

good shooter and he's got size too. defense isn't that great though, and more rebounds for a 7 footer would be nice

If we draft Lauri Markkanen in the top 3/5 of this strong draft I'm calling for Ainge's head

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2016, 05:24:46 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

Your guess?

If we draft Lauri Markkanen in the top 3/5 of this strong draft I'm calling for Ainge's head

i was thinking of getting him in the middle of the first round or something lol. maybe trading someone and getting a first round pick. obviously not taking him top 5 haha
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2016, 10:48:02 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

Your guess?

Last season, Dennis Schroder was playing 20mpg off the bench and got a big extension.  Kelly Olynyk is a more valuable player than Schroder.  KO should get an offer that is more than Gorgui Dieng and less than Ryan Anderson.

If Ainge can't land a major free agent, he probably looks to re-sign Olynyk if he doesn't get a crazy offer sheet and soaks any excess cap space with team-friendly contracts with unguaranteed second years.
They gave Schroder a big extension because they were going to make him their starting PG.  Why exactly is Olynyk more valuable than Schroder? 

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2016, 10:56:08 PM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
I think both are gone. Jerebko for sure. Keeping their cap holds next year will stop us from signing a max level free agent like Haywood or Griffin and you know if Ainge doesnt make a significant trade thats the direction he will go in.

I bet Jerebko will be part of a package this year  prior  to the trade deadline. Keep an eye on things around Xmas to early January. If Kelley is around, he gets resigned 3 years at 10 mil per year and free haircuts.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 11:06:32 PM by ThaPreacher »
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-