Author Topic: Celtics and Nuggets trade idea: Gallo to Celts  (Read 2785 times)

Celtics and Nuggets trade idea: Gallo to Celts
« on: December 03, 2016, 11:45:43 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
beef up the lineup to prepare for a deep playoff run.   

To Nuggets: Amir Johnson, Tyler Zeller, Terry Rozier, James young, 2017 Wolves 2nd,  2018 Celtics 1st
To Celtics: Gallo, Hernangomez, Mike Miller, Jameer Nelson (waive)

Celtics new lineup

Horford
Gallo
Crowder
AB
IT

KO/Mickey
Jerebko/Hernangomez
Brown/Green
Smart/Miller
Jackson

yay or nay?

Re: Celtics and Nuggets trade idea: Gallo to Celts
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2016, 11:51:58 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
Is Gallo expiring?

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2016, 11:56:03 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
not commenting on whether it's a good or bad idea but i thought it was said that Gallo declined being traded to Cs?
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2016, 11:56:10 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76
beef up the lineup to prepare for a deep playoff run.   

To Nuggets: Amir Johnson, Tyler Zeller, Terry Rozier, James young, 2017 Wolves 2nd,  2018 Celtics 1st
To Celtics: Gallo, Hernangomez, Mike Miller, Jameer Nelson (waive)

Celtics new lineup

Horford
Gallo
Crowder
AB
IT

KO/Mickey
Jerebko/Hernangomez
Brown/Green
Smart/Miller
Jackson

yay or nay?

I like the premise of adding Gallo, but I don't like giving all that up for Gallo. Let's say he leaves in the offseason and then we essentially get Hernangomez, Nelson, and Miller all for Rozier, a 2017 high 2nd, and a 2018 first. We'd have a better chance at chasing him in the offseason for what would be just cap space.

Edit:
Didn't realize that he only had a player option. If we could get a guarantee that he would opt in than why not? Would be a great addition to our team and he's actually just as good of a rebounder than Amir. Clearly he's a better shooter and scorer and that would be the greatest benefit
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 12:04:48 AM by alewilliam789 »

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2016, 12:02:27 AM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
Essentially, the trade IMO is Rozier and two relatively worthless picks for Gallo and Hernangomez. The rest seems like filler to me. So, I'm guessing Denver says no.

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2016, 12:06:43 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
not commenting on whether it's a good or bad idea but i thought it was said that Gallo declined being traded to Cs?

i think it was him, yeah. but the way i remember it, wasn't a knock on Boston; moreso he just didn't wanna leave Denver
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2016, 12:15:25 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

i think it was him, yeah. but the way i remember it, wasn't a knock on Boston; moreso he just didn't wanna leave Denver

oh okay, ty. i wonder what's so good for him in Denver though, comfort? you have guys leaving top 5 or better teams but he's sticking with a consistently meh,bad, or terrible team most of his career.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2016, 07:31:03 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Nay = Rozier is more valuable in my eyes than Gallo due to youth & health.

I expect Rozier to be a top 15 PG in the future while Gallo is somewhat similar at SF. The youth (22yo vs 28yo) and health of Rozier (Gallo has missed a large number of games through his career) make this deal a non-starter in my eyes.

Also, I am not wild about going small with Gallo at PF (full time) next to Horford. The team already has rebounding which will only be compounded by this combination. It also makes life more difficult for the team on defense. I think Horford needs more help than this from his 2nd big man.

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2016, 07:44:29 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

I expect Rozier to be a top 15 PG in the future while Gallo is somewhat similar at SF. The youth (22yo vs 28yo) and health of Rozier (Gallo has missed a large number of games through his career) make this deal a non-starter in my eyes.

Also, I am not wild about going small with Gallo at PF (full time) next to Horford. The team already has rebounding which will only be compounded by this combination. It also makes life more difficult for the team on defense. I think Horford needs more help than this from his 2nd big man.
Rozier a top 15 PG?  Are you also predicting some sort of apocalyptic doom for all the starting PGs currently in the league?  The 2017 draft may have 4 or 5 PGs better than Rozier.   

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2016, 07:49:21 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402

Rozier a top 15 PG?  Are you also predicting some sort of apocalyptic doom for all the starting PGs currently in the league?  The 2017 draft may have 4 or 5 PGs better than Rozier.   

I expect Rozier to become a player similar to Reggie Jackson.

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2016, 08:49:02 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I might consider James Young or Zeller

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2016, 09:04:39 AM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
I wouldn't do that deal.

Gallo is tall (6-10) but he's a SF by nature. I suppose Crowder could move to the PF but that's a very undersized and poor rebounding front court. Even worse than when Amir's out there. He's a defensive liability and thus the lineups you can put him in would be limited. Putting KO and Gallinari on the court at the same time could be disastrous.

Gallo can put the ball in the net and has a good 3 point shot but he's really not a great shooter. He's hits .434 and .427 of his 2 point attempts the last two years and that makes his TS% .564. That's not horrible but KOs is .600 this year so far. In fact that would put Gallo 8th on this team right in front of Avery Bradley (.552).

So he's a decent shooter with height but offers little else. Is that really what the Cs need? In return you're giving up Rozier. Ok, I don't mind having Smart run the offense but note that Rozier's 3 point percentage is actually better than Gallos. I could even part with the picks. But the real problem with this deal is we give up both of our bangers in Zeller and Johnson. While neither guy is great both have something the Cs are already thin at - size and weight. Hernangomez is too young to assume that role. The Cs - already dangerously undersized under the basket - would be even more so with this trade.

So trilboy says we need to "beef" the lineup up. The problem is that this takes all the beef out of the lineup. Thus I couldn't do this deal as it stands.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2016, 09:27:07 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Gallo wants to stay in Denver, he does little but score, having to start a team of IT, Bradley, Gallo, Crowder, and Horford, does nothing to address our bench problems and really hurts the starting defense and rebounding. Besides if Gallo opts in next year there goes any chance at signing a max level free agent.

Sometimes the best trade is the one you dont make. This is one of those trades.