Author Topic: Which is the real Big Al  (Read 1048 times)

Which is the real Big Al
« on: December 03, 2016, 11:06:24 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Do we strip Jefferson of the title now that we have Al Horford, or does Horford get tagged with Big Al II, part deaux, or the redux?

I say you strip Jefferson and you anoint Horford as Big Al.

Just like there is only one 'Truth', one 'Big Unit' if Horford continues to play like he did last night there should only be one Big Al.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 12:03:56 PM by Ogaju »

Re: Who is the real Big Al
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2016, 11:53:40 AM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
It's easy, just have them stand back to back (no shoes), and whoever is taller gets to be Big Al. Pretty standard stuff
I'm bitter.

Re: Who is the real Big Al
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2016, 11:59:29 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
It's easy, just have them stand back to back (no shoes), and whoever is taller gets to be Big Al. Pretty standard stuff

Interesting Point that raises an issue, and may actually solve another puzzle.

Your posts implies that the 'Big' signifies the height of the players that gets me to question, does it really? What if the 'Big' actually qualifies the heart, and the game of the player. In that sense I think we found the perfect nickname for IT.

'B.I.T' Big IT.

So the 'BIT' while it seemingly applies to his small size, is actually talking about his big game. Perfect nick.

Thanks for being a sounding board.

Re: Which is the real Big Al
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2016, 12:38:17 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Big Al helped us win a championship. He was the only real talent in the Minny trade.

Once we win a ring with our current Al, I'll call him whatever he wants. Until then, he's known as Al Horford to me.