Author Topic: Al Horford 26 points, 8 rebounds, 6 blocks, 2 steals, 3 assists  (Read 3032 times)

Al Horford 26 points, 8 rebounds, 6 blocks, 2 steals, 3 assists
« on: December 03, 2016, 07:30:03 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
What a game. That was an All Star level performace tonight.
He might be even better than we expected. He's so important on both ends for us is the best defensive anchor we've had since KG.

We lose this game today without his performance. We just need the rest of the team adjusting to him and vice versa and fire all cylinders by the playoffs.

Here's hoping he ages well because right now he looks really good out there physically.

Highlight video if you missed it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb-fJEyindI
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Re: Al Horford 26 points, 8 rebounds, 6 blocks, 2 steals, 3 assists
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2016, 08:05:21 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He is a big upgrade over his predecessor.  His efficiency is what amazes me,  I wish he boarded like this every game.

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2016, 08:13:40 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Efficiency!
C's need to make him bigger part of offense.  Some games he doesn't get enough shots.  I love that the ball moves out of his hands quickly but there should be so many set plays for him

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2016, 08:16:28 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Al was great last night, no doubt, perhaps his best game as a Celtic against a top center.

I don't mean to mince words, but this is what I expected.  He is not better than expected, not sure why anyone would have expected less for $115m.

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2016, 08:46:23 AM »

Offline Celtic_Pride777

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 35
https://twitter.com/Mike_Dyer13/status/804882976278478848

Horford is the 1st Celtic since at least 1983 with 24+ points, 7+ rebounds, 6+ blocks, 3+ assists, 2+ steals (per bball reference)

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2016, 09:34:43 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 616
Al was great last night, no doubt, perhaps his best game as a Celtic against a top center.

I don't mean to mince words, but this is what I expected.  He is not better than expected, not sure why anyone would have expected less for $115m.

*Gerald Wallace giggling*
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2016, 09:40:01 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
One of the best individual, all around performances by a Celtics since the Pierce, KG era ten years ago.

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2016, 12:15:09 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Simply a dominant performance by Horford.  He made Cousins extremely inefficient 10-26 shooting.  And he stuffed him when the game was on the line.  BTW Horford is averaging 2.9 blocks per game which would lead the NBA once he has enough games under his belt to qualify.

And don't forget his 4 three pointers.  How do you guard a Big who can score on you both inside and outside?

"According to basketball-reference.com, he became the first NBA player on record to tally at least 26 points, four 3-pointers, six blocks and two steals in one game."

Al Horford has been the signing of the offseason for the Celtics!  If he stays healthy, we can really win a lot of tough ball games.

PS  Seeing the way Cousins freelanced and got stuffed in the 4th, do we really want to give up the farm for this guy?  Seems a bit of a knucklehead.  Very talented, but not a natural winner like our own Horford.  Is it worth it to give up some pieces to put this guy at the 5 next to Al?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 12:21:56 PM by vjcsmoke »

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2016, 12:26:09 PM »

Offline jayk009

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 29
Shouldn't be a surprise, Al Horford has always been a top player in the NBA that never really cared about stats. Even when people say he is a bad rebounder..I just think..it's because of his unselfishness.

He's capable of putting up these numbers on any give night..and it's not that he's a Jeff Green who is just inconsistent...He just does what he thinks he needs to do to win.

Horford is a stud!

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2016, 12:35:43 PM »

Online green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Horford would benefit greatly from playing next to a legit big man. I really like him at PF. If only we could find a bad team with a stud center to make a trade...

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2016, 12:39:10 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Horford would benefit greatly from playing next to a legit big man. I really like him at PF. If only we could find a bad team with a stud center to make a trade...

You mean like the 76ers?  LOL.  They are so inept.  I'm not sure they would even if it would benefit them.  I'd be willing to swap Olynyk and a late 1st for one of their good bigs.

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2016, 12:53:43 PM »

Online green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
No, like the Kings. The 76ers don't have a stud center yet. I'll wait to see Embiid play close to a full season before anointing him Hakeem the Dream.

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2016, 12:54:45 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Simply a dominant performance by Horford.  He made Cousins extremely inefficient 10-26 shooting.  And he stuffed him when the game was on the line.  BTW Horford is averaging 2.9 blocks per game which would lead the NBA once he has enough games under his belt to qualify.

And don't forget his 4 three pointers.  How do you guard a Big who can score on you both inside and outside?

"According to basketball-reference.com, he became the first NBA player on record to tally at least 26 points, four 3-pointers, six blocks and two steals in one game."

Al Horford has been the signing of the offseason for the Celtics!  If he stays healthy, we can really win a lot of tough ball games.

PS  Seeing the way Cousins freelanced and got stuffed in the 4th, do we really want to give up the farm for this guy?  Seems a bit of a knucklehead.  Very talented, but not a natural winner like our own Horford.  Is it worth it to give up some pieces to put this guy at the 5 next to Al?

That play was coming out of a timeout. Apparently, that was the play (if you can even call it that) that Joeger drew up. I don't fully blame Cousins for that disaster of a play (he made a poor decision by just trying to draw the foul, but they should have drawn up a play for an open shot, not an iso 3)

I'd focus more on how dominant he was in the possessions leading up to that last play. He almost single-handedly won that game for the Kings, and that kind of talent would be great to have here. It would give Brad a lot more options, and Boogie a lot more structure
I'm bitter.

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2016, 01:29:00 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Now if we could get Boogie in Green to add 20 points and 15 boards to Al s game then then we d have something for James , Irving and Love.