Author Topic: Overrated player: Jae Crowder  (Read 16841 times)

Re: Overrated player: Jae Crowder
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2016, 08:57:32 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76
I think what nearly everyone would agree on is that it would be nice if Crowder ended up being more like James Posey was for the '08 team. Unless the team just got superstars at other positions, it would probably be the best if Crowder was a super sub, rather than a starter.

Why?  If you're not getting a star caliber player at Jae's position, who in the league do you think you're going to put at that spot?

How many teams have superior starters at SF?

Durant, Bron, George, Kawhi, Hayward, Butler, Giannis

Melo - Debatable
Wiggins - Probably, but he's pretty one-way still

Harris, Porter, Gallo - Debatable
You people are trying to argue Crowder as a potentially better player than Carmelo Anthony. Good god the bias is so bad in this forum.
Ask that on any other blog and see how that's received.

« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2016, 09:15:31 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Injuries are a concern. He's been slow coming back from the ankle. Good contract, and still has upside. Trade bait.

« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2016, 09:15:58 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Overrated, inconsistent defender. Marginal athleticism. Injury prone. Average shooter. Undynamic offensively. Has 'heart' and a decent contract.

Dude is Cs most obvious vet trade bait. He was at the height of his value before this season.

Yup had an offer on the table for Jimmy Butler and we turned it down because Ainge didn't want to give up Crowder. Clearly his overratedness runs into our front office too

You obviously have no idea what ur talking about.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2016, 09:19:36 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
- How he seems to add something to his game each year.

What's he added this year?
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2016, 09:27:36 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
Melo - Debatable

Example: overrating Crowder

Both of these teams laugh when you call offering Crowder straight up. 

« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 09:43:02 PM by ssspence »
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2016, 10:19:55 PM »

Offline GreenGoggles

• Jrue Holiday
Agreed! We should not be stunting Jaylen's development for him.

« Reply #66 on: December 04, 2016, 01:02:14 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Melo - Debatable

This is a good example of ignoring the actual point I'm making.

This isn't a thread about Jae Crowders trade value. It's about on court value.

Wiggins is an exciting player but he isn't necessarily a winning player yet. He mostly just scored and doesn't play very good defense.

Melo is in that same vein. He's definitely more talented than Crowder and is probably more valuable... But it is hard to say because he's still pretty inefficient as a scorer and doesn't do a lot of other things for his team.

Even if we set aside Melo and Wiggins, my question still stands... Who would you rather have than Jae? How long is that list?

And for every name that you put on that list, ask: How much would it cost to get that player?

The Celts are in a really good spot with Crowder, especially when you consider his contract.

Given that Jae is usually the third or fourth player mentioned when people talk about this team, I really just don't see your argument here.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2016, 01:03:02 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
- How he seems to add something to his game each year.

What's he added this year?

Check out his shooting percentages bruh.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #68 on: December 04, 2016, 01:07:12 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
Overrated, inconsistent defender. Marginal athleticism. Injury prone. Average shooter. Undynamic offensively. Has 'heart' and a decent contract.

Dude is Cs most obvious vet trade bait. He was at the height of his value before this season.

Yup had an offer on the table for Jimmy Butler and we turned it down because Ainge didn't want to give up Crowder. Clearly his overratedness runs into our front office too

Why is that? There were many reports that Ainge didn't pull the trigger on Jimmy butler because the deal included Crowder and he considered him "untouchable" at the moment.

« Reply #69 on: December 04, 2016, 01:11:46 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

Why is that? There were many reports that Ainge didn't pull the trigger on Jimmy butler because the deal included Crowder and he considered him "untouchable" at the moment.

that's not how it went IIRC, i believe it was #3, AB, AND Bae. Man, Bulls want a lot.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #70 on: December 04, 2016, 01:22:05 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
Melo - Debatable

This is a good example of ignoring the actual point I'm making.

This isn't a thread about Jae Crowders trade value. It's about on court value.

Wiggins is an exciting player but he isn't necessarily a winning player yet. He mostly just scored and doesn't play very good defense.

Melo is in that same vein. He's definitely more talented than Crowder and is probably more valuable... But it is hard to say because he's still pretty inefficient as a scorer and doesn't do a lot of other things for his team.

Even if we set aside Melo and Wiggins, my question still stands... Who would you rather have than Jae? How long is that list?

And for every name that you put on that list, ask: How much would it cost to get that player?

The Celts are in a really good spot with Crowder, especially when you consider his contract.

Given that Jae is usually the third or fourth player mentioned when people talk about this team, I really just don't see your argument here.

LBJ
KD
Hayward
Leonard
George
Wiggins
Jimmy Butler
Carmelo Anthony
Giannis Antetokoumpo
Jabari Parker
Danillo Gallinari

After that then I would choose Jae Crowder.

« Reply #71 on: December 04, 2016, 01:28:16 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney

that's not how it went IIRC, i believe it was #3, AB, AND Bae. Man, Bulls want a lot.
Ooooh. The one I saw said it was 16, Jae, and Avery. Butler is a really good [dang] player. He's averaging 25 on good shooting percentages and is one of the best 2 way players in the game. Honestly he's worth every part of that deal. We could have brought in Arron Afflalo to fill Avery's void.

« Reply #72 on: December 04, 2016, 01:46:21 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

Ooooh. The one I saw said it was 16, Jae, and Avery. Butler is a really good [dang] player. He's averaging 25 on good shooting percentages and is one of the best 2 way players in the game. Honestly he's worth every part of that deal. We could have brought in Arron Afflalo to fill Avery's void.

well, multiple had it as #3 because if you remember they wanted Dunn. So Dunn, AB and Jae.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #73 on: December 04, 2016, 02:00:42 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney

well, multiple had it as #3 because if you remember they wanted Dunn. So Dunn, AB and Jae.

Well thus far Dunn hasn't done diddly squat, but the rest is arguable. Butler is a top 12 player in the league and is on the border of becoming a superstar if he keeps improving on this year.

« Reply #74 on: December 04, 2016, 02:03:41 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

Well thus far Dunn hasn't done diddly squat, but the rest is arguable. Butler is a top 12 player in the league and is on the border of becoming a superstar if he keeps improving on this year.

You're getting away from the point. Assuming Ainge wouldn't trade Crowder for Butler is nonsense (e.g. Overrating him).
Mike

(My name is not Mike)