Author Topic: Overrated player: Jae Crowder  (Read 16838 times)

Overrated player: Jae Crowder
« on: December 02, 2016, 09:33:01 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Overrated, inconsistent defender. Marginal athleticism. Injury prone. Average shooter. Undynamic offensively. Has 'heart' and a decent contract.

Dude is Cs most obvious vet trade bait. He was at the height of his value before this season.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

Re: Overrated player: Jae Crowder
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 10:06:59 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I like the guy but if he was 3" taller he would be a excellent PF hehe. I agree he could be trade bait but we would need a SF in return, JB ain't close to being ready.

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 10:12:26 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1956
Very good individual defender, average/below-average team defensive awareness.  Good athlete in terms of lateral movement and straight line drives, but not an explosive jumper.  Not a facilitator but can hit the mid-range shot, currently shooting 38% from 3, and can get to the basket for layups occasionally.  Able to switch and guard multiple positions.  Has heart and appears to be a great teammate.  Incredible team-friendly contract for his level of production and defensive versatility, especially with the cap explosion.

Not overrated at all at $7 mil per year.

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2016, 10:13:06 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
agree to disagree

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2016, 10:16:08 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Yeah, I don't think so. Jae is the kind of player every team wishes they had. If a team want to majorly overpay with him as the key piece (Crowder and BKN pick for Cousins), then sure, but no way I am giving up this player on such a great contract. He is the actual SF version of Smart, but he can actually shoot and drive to the hoop.

For better or worse,, Brown is much more likely trade bait than Crowder and maybe even AB with Rozier'a emergence.

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2016, 10:19:54 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Disagree.

49 - 37.5 - 90 shooting

13 pts 5 reb 2 ast 1 stl in 28 minutes

Solid defense 1-4

That would be excellent production and value at $15 million a year.

He makes $6.2 million.

If anything, Jae doesn't get enough credit, and I didn't even mention his intangible value to this particular team.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2016, 10:21:31 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I sort of see what you're saying, considering how Jae is generally regarded by C's fans, but I strongly disagree.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2016, 10:22:09 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
I fee the same as everyone else. This is incorrect. If anything he is underrated.

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2016, 10:36:01 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Thread title should read : RE:Still recovering from sprained ankle yet gutsing it out:Jae Crowder.

Edit: And as to the "injury prone" in the OP:

Crowder has missed:

4 games
4 games
0 games
9 games
8 games this season

In his NBA regular season career. That's 25 games total.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 10:51:55 PM by csfansince60s »

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2016, 11:01:10 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Jae was a plus 15 tonight.
He is still recovering from the ankle injury.
He probably underrated.

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2016, 11:06:20 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Rated properly on this blog: good two way player, worthy of starting on this team.

Definitely underrated around the NBA. A lot of casual fans know him as the guy with the hair.

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2016, 11:12:35 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
All this being said, he is not a top ten SF probably.  I think he is solid and in the early teens.

One could argue that Kevin Durant, Jimmy Butler,Kawhi Leonard,    LeBron James, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Andrew Wiggins, Carmelo Anthony, Gordon Hayward, Harrison Barnes, Rudy Gay and Tobias Harris are better players than Jae.

Some think he is in that echelon, some think he is worse, I don't think he is just outside it and playing one of the most talented positions in the NBA.   He adds a toughness to the team.  Ankle surgery or no he still is not a top ten but he is not chopped liver either.   He is solid and steady.

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2016, 11:14:14 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
All this being said, he is not a top ten SF probably.  I think he is solid and in the early teens.

One could argue that Kevin Durant, Jimmy Butler,Kawhi Leonard,    LeBron James, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Andrew Wiggins, Carmelo Anthony, Gordon Hayward, Harrison Barnes, Rudy Gay and Tobias Harris are better players than Jae.

Eh, Barnes is certainly doubtful on that regard. I also question Gay and Harris, both of who are pretty much one-sided players. The same can be said about Wiggins and his inconsistency, though that's due to him being young.

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2016, 11:38:48 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
To the OP, how are you rating him? Because IMO, Crowder is a rock solid SF. Never gonna be an allstar but he's a capable starter who can give u quality minutes. Think Otto Porter. How do u rate Otto Porter?
- LilRip

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2016, 11:42:24 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Considering his salary, he's one of the most underpaid guys in the NBA.

Defense is very good, 3 point is good, and he plays extremely physically wearing down his opponents.

Not sure why you think he's over rated?
He's an elite 'glue' guy.

Shooting 49% FG and 37% from 3 this season averagin 13 points 5 rebounds. EFG 59.5%

For 6 million a year, you can't ask for anything more when factoring in how good his D is.

hes an absolute stud.
You can't have 5 starting players all on 25 million each, but you need guys like Jae to win championships. The Tony allen's, the Posey's etc...
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.