Author Topic: Would It Be Worth It? (A Boogie Story)  (Read 3528 times)

Re: Would It Be Worth It? (A Boogie Story)
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2016, 02:25:00 AM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
Done. We get Cousins without touching our core. Sadly, this might not even be enough to satisfy SAC, but it's certainly more realistic than most proposals that I see.

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2016, 10:12:53 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
I'd do it in a heartbeat for two reasons.

1.  Danny's best picks have all come outside the lottery anyways
2.  Kelly Olynyk is the best big man the Celtics have drafted in the last decade. 

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2016, 10:39:13 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I'd do it in a heartbeat for two reasons.

1.  Danny's best picks have all come outside the lottery anyways
2.  Kelly Olynyk is the best big man the Celtics have drafted in the last decade.
Brown Smart and Kelly are the only Ainge lotto picks. no?
Second point is more valid.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2016, 11:14:29 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
I don't want A championship and then to rebuild again. I want a dynasty. Greedy, I know. The Celtics didn't become who they are on the back of building to win a championship. Big 3 era team was massively unlucky to only deliver one.

That' not impossible with the BKN picks. We could draft a stud in the predicted deep draft this coming summer.

People can't really compare this team back with the 2006-07 team. Pierce was our best player back then and he is reaching 30 at that point. Al Jefferson was showing promising numbers but haven't really shown that he can be a player to build around. Gerald Green was our Zach Lavine but worse. Our #5 pick turned out to be Jeff Green. A solid player but inconsistent throughout his career. The MIN pick we held turned to be Johnny Flynn.

Same thing with KG to Boogie. KG was a former MVP who led his team to playoffs multiple times. Boogie haven't even been on the playoffs, not even once like Anthony Davis did with his terrible Pelicans team.

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2016, 11:57:40 PM »

Offline GRADYCOLNON

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
If the Celtics get Cousins without disrupting the core, there won't be a championship.  Warriors, Cavs, and Spurs will still be better.  We'd definitely pick up more wins. I just don't think Thomas and Cousins fit enough to bring us playoff wins.  In their careers, all they have worried about is getting their scoring.  This is the reason why Horford is such a great fit along with Smart and Crowder and others for Thomas.  It is the same reason why Cousins wouldn't fit with our current core.  Now, I really believe Cousins can be a centerpiece for a Celtics title; Cousins would need a secondary scorer capable of putting up 20 points a night.  Like how McCollum, Thompson, Lowry, and Wade are now Robins to their Team's Batman (Lillard, Durant, Derozan, Butler).  IMO A player that I think would fit as a better Robin to Cousins than Thomas would be Hayward.