Author Topic: Celtics 4-4 home record - 7 pt favorites over Sacramento  (Read 959 times)

Celtics 4-4 home record - 7 pt favorites over Sacramento
« on: December 02, 2016, 03:06:10 PM »

Offline MikeB12

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 28
It's time for the Celtics to start taking care of business at home especially to beat teams they are favored to win.

Although it is early, only 18 games played, the C's have been very inconsistent and have lost games they were favored to win.  Injuries have played a big part, but the pre-season forecast that the Celtics would be a better team this year at least record wise than last year which produced 48 wins now seems to be too optimistic.

I agree with those who are now wondering if last year the Celtics overachieved and that this year even with Horford, the Celtics may have a tough time equaling last year's win total.

Hopefully, as Horford and Crowder get back to form the Celtics will start playing better basketball. 

MikeB

Re: Celtics 4-4 home record - 7 pt favorites over Sacramento
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2016, 12:02:15 PM »

Offline MikeB12

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 28
Tough close game...it took 20+ pts from Horford, Crowder and Thomas and a good game from Bradley as well to eek out a victory.

Needed the win.   Surprising that the C's couldn't beat the Kings in an easier fashion given that they aren't a very good team.

MikeB

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2016, 12:04:50 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
any team with Boogie Cousins and Gay will present as a tough out every night.

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2016, 12:28:48 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

Maybe that will be us, someday.

Wouldn't mind having either or both on this team.

Boogie would be Boogie, good or bad, but I think that Gay would thrive as a stretch 4 in Stevens scheme.

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2016, 01:38:08 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Timid as Kelly plays around guys his size is frustrating .   He acted like Boogie had the cooties or something. 

Need guys like Smart and Crowder who are not chicken to play ball .

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2016, 03:16:56 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Boogie would be Boogie, good or bad, but I think that Gay would thrive as a stretch 4 in Stevens scheme.

I think Gay could be really valuable as a supporting guy in that kind of role if he ever wanted to buy in to that.

So far in his career he's only ever wanted to play the role of an iso heavy ball dominant scorer. I think we are past the point we can expect him to suddenly realize he could help a team win if he played differently.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2016, 03:44:50 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

I think Gay could be really valuable as a supporting guy in that kind of role if he ever wanted to buy in to that.

So far in his career he's only ever wanted to play the role of an iso heavy ball dominant scorer. I think we are past the point we can expect him to suddenly realize he could help a team win if he played differently.

You basically described Pierce.

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2016, 05:12:50 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Pierce was twice the player Gay is
I'm bitter.

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2016, 05:27:03 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes

Pierce was twice the player Gay is
at least twice
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2016, 05:59:29 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Meanwhile San Antonio almost lost to the Wizards at home and Detroit blew out the Hawks at home too, but no one bats an eye. We'll take any win anytime.