Author Topic: Report: Blazers interested in Noel  (Read 9457 times)

Re: Report: Blazers interested in Noel
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2016, 05:19:00 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Noel is also interested in Blazing!

« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2016, 06:21:11 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Sixers won't make a trade with the Celtics. ..they won't trade in the division plus they are old rivals
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2016, 03:39:43 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/12/02/nerlens-noel-on-prior-criticism-of-76ers-i-dont-think-the-rosters-changed/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Sounds like Noel still wants out as much as he did in training camp, and the rotation is even murkier now with the addition of Ilyasova and Embiid and Okafor approaching full-time minutes.

« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2016, 03:59:02 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
I wonder if the Cs feel Noel and Horford can play together. Offensively? NP. Defensively it's a little tricky, it seems. Noel would get dragged away from the basket defending PFs.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2016, 04:15:42 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
I wonder if the Cs feel Noel and Horford can play together. Offensively? NP. Defensively it's a little tricky, it seems. Noel would get dragged away from the basket defending PFs.

Better than our current situation. Right now Horford is getting dragged out to the perimeter guarding PFs, which takes him away from his best defensive strength of anchoring the defense and rim protection.

At least by adding Noel you'd always have a rim protector down low, no matter whether Al or Noel was chasing the PF.

Put it like this - replace Amir for Noel at the basket. Don't you think the much younger and more athletic Noel provides much more rim protection than the aged Amir?

« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2016, 04:26:33 PM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 79

Better than our current situation. Right now Horford is getting dragged out to the perimeter guarding PFs, which takes him away from his best defensive strength of anchoring the defense and rim protection.

At least by adding Noel you'd always have a rim protector down low, no matter whether Al or Noel was chasing the PF.

Put it like this - replace Amir for Noel at the basket. Don't you think the much younger and more athletic Noel provides much more rim protection than the aged Amir?
I don't mind giving up a young piece for Noel since we could use him down the road with Brown and the two players we select with the Nets picks.

The two players that come to mind are Rozier and Smart. I think it might be a mistake to trade Smart for Noel but I'd consider it. Maybe they take a flyer on Roz and do the deal. I somewhat think Ainge has made an offer already for Noel. They probably think they can get the Nets 2018 pick or something ridiculous like that.

« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2016, 04:29:10 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/12/02/nerlens-noel-on-prior-criticism-of-76ers-i-dont-think-the-rosters-changed/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Sounds like Noel still wants out as much as he did in training camp, and the rotation is even murkier now with the addition of Ilyasova and Embiid and Okafor approaching full-time minutes.
Obviously he wants out.  Unfortunately if Philly doesn't get an offer they find acceptable, there's no incentive to trade him.  Noel can help the team in a limited role.  It sounds like Noel understands that and is willing to do what he can to be the best Nerlens Noel he can be under the circumstances. 

“I put myself in a different place with all these things,” Noel said. “Do what you can control. That’s what I give power to, is what I can really control. I think right now I’m in a good place mentally, I think my body feels great and I just want to get back to playing basketball and let things take care of themselves.

I'm interested to see what he looks like next to Embiid.

Also, sounds like the plan is for Ben Simmons to play point guard when he gets back.  Not point forward... point guard: 

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/sixers/Sixers-view-Simmons-as-their-point-guard-when-ready-to-play.html

"When he’s ready to go to the court, my intention is to give him the ball and let him be the point guard,” Brown said. “That’s the plan."

“Everyone gets all twisted on what their version of a point guard is," Brown told NBA.com at the time. "When I say 'point guard' I mean point guard. You've got the ball. You could call him Isiah Thomas, the old Isiah Thomas of my generation. You could call him Chris Paul. I mean point guard point guard.  Not Draymond Green. Not LeBron [James]. Not Lamar Odom. That's a point forward."

With Ben Simmons as their phenom point guard and Embiid as their phenom big, I imagine if they do move one of Okafor or Noel they'll be looking for shooters who can play off ball. 

« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 04:35:26 PM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2016, 04:40:26 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
Wait, simmons at point guard?

He'd have a size advantage on offense, but would get obliterated on D

But that doesn't really matter this season. It's not like they're trying to make the playoffs yet
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2016, 04:42:18 PM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 79

Obviously he wants out.  Unfortunately if Philly doesn't get an offer they find acceptable, there's no incentive to trade him.  Noel can help the team in a limited role.  It sounds like Noel understands that and is willing to do what he can to be the best Nerlens Noel he can be under the circumstances. 

“I put myself in a different place with all these things,” Noel said. “Do what you can control. That’s what I give power to, is what I can really control. I think right now I’m in a good place mentally, I think my body feels great and I just want to get back to playing basketball and let things take care of themselves.

Also, sounds like the plan is for Ben Simmons to play point guard when he gets back.  Not point forward... point guard: 

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/sixers/Sixers-view-Simmons-as-their-point-guard-when-ready-to-play.html

"When he’s ready to go to the court, my intention is to give him the ball and let him be the point guard,” Brown said. “That’s the plan."

“Everyone gets all twisted on what their version of a point guard is," Brown told NBA.com at the time. "When I say 'point guard' I mean point guard. You've got the ball. You could call him Isiah Thomas, the old Isiah Thomas of my generation. You could call him Chris Paul. I mean point guard point guard.  Not Draymond Green. Not LeBron [James]. Not Lamar Odom. That's a point forward."

With Ben Simmons as their phenom point guard and Embiid as their phenom big, I imagine if they do move one of Okafor or Noel they'll be looking for shooters who can play off ball.
Dont believe the Sixers. Simmons is not quick enough to guard point guards.

He would be a point forward unless the Sixers don't mind him giving up 30 plus trying to guard Irving or any of the other premier point guards.

« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2016, 04:47:42 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

I've started to love that you keep repeating this nonsense. You're like the Kellyanne Conway of this board.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2016, 05:07:26 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

Yeah, you can repeat it all you want, but Simmons will never, ever play or be a point guard. It's a point forward, no matter what BS your Sixers fan boys tell you.

That's just not how it works. You are defined a position by who you guard. He can barely guard guys his size, and he still regularly was burned by them. How the hell would he guard literally any PG in the league??

He'll handle the ball a lot, just like Lebron. But that doesn't make him a "point guard."

« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2016, 05:08:46 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
Wait, simmons at point guard?

He'd have a size advantage on offense, but would get obliterated on D

But that doesn't really matter this season. It's not like they're trying to make the playoffs yet

It's not happening. He can't even play the small forward position, let alone the point guard position. He's a smaller PF through-and-through.

« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2016, 05:12:01 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

I don't doubt that Simmons can be a LeBron or Giannis-like primary ball-handler, but do you actually believe he's going to guard point guards? That's just not possible. He won't even be able to guard the vast majority of wings. Simmons will guard bigs, meaning he'll have to play alongside a small who guards point guards...in other words, a point guard.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2016, 05:31:56 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

I don't doubt that Simmons can be a LeBron or Giannis-like primary ball-handler, but do you actually believe he's going to guard point guards? That's just not possible. He won't even be able to guard the vast majority of wings. Simmons will guard bigs, meaning he'll have to play alongside a small who guards point guards...in other words, a point guard.

Well, here's the answer:

To make room, the Sixers would slide Jerryd Bayless off the ball. However, Bayless would still guard the opposing team's point guards. That's of course if he's able to play. Bayless is sidelined with left wrist soreness caused by ligament damage.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/sixers/Sixers-view-Simmons-as-their-point-guard-when-ready-to-play.html?mobi=true

He won't be a point guard in the same way that LeBron is not a point guard.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2016, 06:39:15 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Why would they overpay Noel when they could have done the same to Aldridge?