Author Topic: Report: Blazers interested in Noel  (Read 9458 times)

Report: Blazers interested in Noel
« on: November 30, 2016, 05:52:29 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2674081-nerlens-noel-trade-rumors-latest-news-speculation-surrounding-76ers-center

He'd actually be a really, really good fit there I think. And I think he could make them much more respectable in the West.

I obviously hope this doesn't happen, because I think he's a great fit here. The problem would be who he'd be traded for. The report mentions the Sixers interest in Crabbe, but money-wise that is difficult to work and I'm not sure that the Blazers are willing to give up that much for Noel.

Re: Report: Blazers interested in Noel
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 05:55:58 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
Perhaps Harkless could be a potential target, especially with the 2017 draft being so guard-heavy?

Would that really trump something like Rozier and the Memphis pick for Noel, though?

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2016, 06:01:10 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Rozier and MEM pick is a fair offer.  However, GMs generally prefer to deal outside their own conference so that the trade doesn't come back to bite them during regular season and most of the playoffs (Finals aside).  I could see PHI dealing with Portland for that reason.

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2016, 06:01:51 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Perhaps Harkless could be a potential target, especially with the 2017 draft being so guard-heavy?

Would that really trump something like Rozier and the Memphis pick for Noel, though?

Are the 76ers still under the cap where they could just take back crabbe? I didn't really think Crabbe was as good as some other people did.

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2016, 06:02:11 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
Perhaps Philly would want Evan Turner back...

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2016, 06:05:05 PM »

Offline osterhagen

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
Is Ezeli out for a season so they need defensive center?

Doesn't seem very smart move to have two defensive centers tied up for few years.

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2016, 06:07:11 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith

Doesn't seem very smart move to have two defensive young centers tied up for few years.

I had the same thought, but Ezeli is only on the books for like $8M for two years.

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2016, 06:08:36 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith

Are the 76ers still under the cap where they could just take back crabbe? I didn't really think Crabbe was as good as some other people did.

They might be.

I really don't think he's as good as some others do either, but I think Portland really likes him and values him. It's hard to see them making that trade after committing to him this offseason.

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2016, 06:14:55 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Rozier and MEM pick is a fair offer.  However, GMs generally prefer to deal outside their own conference so that the trade doesn't come back to bite them during regular season and most of the playoffs (Finals aside).  I could see PHI dealing with Portland for that reason.

I think I would do that deal for Noel.  I wouldn't like giving up Rozier, but if DA really doesn't think that Cousins is in the cards, lets figure out some way too keep moving.  I think Noel could improve under Brad and the guys we have here.

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2016, 06:15:44 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
I can't see why the Sixers would want to take on Crabbe as he's massively overpaid but the Sixers are significantly under the cap and wouldn't need to provide filler to salary match.  In any case, Crabbe can't be traded until January 15th.  If I'm the Sixers, I'd much rather have Harkless over Crabbe but I'd really want McCollum which would obviously require more than Noel.   

As for the draft, there are a lot of good SF prospects in addition to the good guard prospects.   

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2016, 06:20:00 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Lots of teams have interest.  The problem has been that nobody has yet been willing to pay an acceptable price.   You can bellyache all you want about how little trade value Noel has, but the bottom line is that unless you give up something Philly wants, they don't have incentive to do anything.  Things could pick up December 15th.   I'd bet on Noel getting moved.

The other problem is Philly not yet knowing exactly what their needs are.  Doesn't make a lot of sense going after a traditional PG, for instance, if Simmons will be controlling the ball and they have a great shot at a transcendent guard in the 2017 draft.   My guess is that they'll be looking to acquire someone who is a quality shooter/defender that can play off the ball.

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2016, 06:20:09 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

They might be.

I really don't think he's as good as some others do either, but I think Portland really likes him and values him. It's hard to see them making that trade after committing to him this offseason.
The Portland GM ought to be committed for the huge overpays for Crabbe and Turner.  They're a mediocre team with no cap space over the next 4 years. 

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2016, 06:25:33 PM »

Offline osterhagen

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5

Doesn't seem very smart move to have two defensive young centers tied up for few years.

I had the same thought, but Ezeli is only on the books for like $8M for two years.

yeah, with second year only 1 mil guaranteed, so he could be cut if they like noel over him that much

also looking at Ezeli's contract i saw Plumlee is averaging 4.7 assists for Blazers

imagine him in CBS system  :)

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2016, 06:35:08 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318

Doesn't seem very smart move to have two defensive centers tied up for few years.

Ezeli's injured but I don't think he's been called out for the season.

Noel's a bit too light to be favored in every defensive matchup, a healthy Ezeli would be huge against some of the big centers at the top of the westeven conference like Deandre Jordan and Capela. Even when you play the Warriors you still have to matchup with Javale McGee.

Seems like a lot of the buzz has soured on Mason Plumlee, wouldn't be surprised if they let him walk at his next contract. Could see them going after Olynyk this offseason who'd be a great pairing for Noel. When you have the kind of shot creation that Damian Lillard and CJ McCollum bring to your back court loading up on defensive frontcourt players is never a bad idea.

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2016, 06:35:18 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
Lots of teams have interest.  The problem has been that nobody has yet been willing to pay an acceptable price.   You can bellyache all you want about how little trade value Noel has, but the bottom line is that unless you give up something Philly wants, they don't have incentive to do anything.  Things could pick up December 15th.   I'd bet on Noel getting moved.

The other problem is Philly not yet knowing exactly what their needs are.  Doesn't make a lot of sense going after a traditional PG, for instance, if Simmons will be controlling the ball and they have a great shot at a transcendent guard in the 2017 draft.   My guess is that they'll be looking to acquire someone who is a quality shooter/defender that can play off the ball.
With Simmons and Embiid to build around, the Sixers needs are straightforward and what you stated at the end.  They need guards/wings that can shoot, defend and run the court with some secondary ball handling and passing skills.  Besides the guards, there are a several good SFs in this draft who would fit well with Simmons and Embiid.