Author Topic: Cloverfield - 1:18:08 Thread  (Read 25587 times)

Re: Cloverfield - 1:18:08 Thread
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2007, 01:01:50 PM »

Offline bostonfan23

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 115
  • I just might be a basketball machine. -MS

« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2007, 09:50:38 AM »

Offline tallpaul

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
Just got off the phone with my people in Kali. This is the first "reality" theatrical release feature-length film. It is the story of the havoc and destruction "collosus" [AKA Zach Randoph] wreak upon the city and people of New York. Most of it will take place in and around strip clubs. They expect to start filming in late October and have plenty of material for a 2-hour film bu January. Rumors of a sequel -- with a second monster -- reportedly Ron Artest -- continue to circulate.     

« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2007, 02:33:34 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
There's a new site linked to it - jamieandteddy.com; 3.0, any ideas?
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2007, 04:55:19 PM »

Offline celtfan 3.0

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 73
  • Slusho makes me happy!
There's a new site linked to it - jamieandteddy.com; 3.0, any ideas?

Great, you just peaked my interest again and it took me away from work for a good hour.  Thanks Champ, I blame you…. ;)

So apparently on August 31st, Jamie, one of the characters in the movie, made a blog post on her myspace account saying how much she misses a “Teddy Hanssen.”  His name has since been mentioned several times in her blogs.  Since then, Jamie has also been trading messages with Lena Dia, also a movie character, on their myspaces.  Their myspace accounts remember, are fake and are part of the viral marketing campaign.  In each of these messages, they mention “Teddy” or “bear.”

So someone discovered or leaked www.jamieandteddy.com.  The site is registered by Teddy Hanssen.  It is just one page with a picture of two teddy bears, and a message that reads:
Just for you Teddy-bear! I miss ya like CRAZY already!!!
Love, your Lil' Lascano”

“Lascano” is Jamie’s last name.  If you click on the picture, it takes you to a log in page requesting a password.  Don’t ask me how anyone found out, but if you type in “jllovesth”, you will be taken to a private video message from Jamie to Teddy.  I found it interesting that the video goes on for about 40 seconds after Jamie “thought” she turned the camera off.  She just lays back down on her bed and asks someone who is off camera if they have more cranberry pills, because she’s getting another bladder infection.  I wonder if that’s another clue?

You can see the video on youtube now - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3-joHulu8o

BTW – if you leave 1-18-08.com open for about 4-5 minutes, all of a sudden you’ll hear a creepy sound coming from your computer with the monster in the background.  Scared the hell out of me.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is bunny. Please copy and paste him to your sig so that he can achieve his dream of world domination.

Reggie Miller - "The East is a crap shoot."
Dan Patrick - "Emphasis on crap."

« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2007, 05:05:33 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
http://tagruato.jp/index2.php

There you go, 3.0.  Let me know what you think.  Lots of interesting deep sea stuff there.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2007, 06:17:50 PM »

Offline celtfan 3.0

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 73
  • Slusho makes me happy!
http://tagruato.jp/index2.php

There you go, 3.0.  Let me know what you think.  Lots of interesting deep sea stuff there.

Lots of news and updates here - http://cloverfieldclues.blogspot.com/

I'll add one thing not mentioned on these sites.  "Tagruato" is misspelled, I wonder if that's by purpose.  You can't say "Tagruato" in Japanese.  It should be spelled "Taguruato," based on how it's written in Japanese on their site(I'm Japanese).
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is bunny. Please copy and paste him to your sig so that he can achieve his dream of world domination.

Reggie Miller - "The East is a crap shoot."
Dan Patrick - "Emphasis on crap."

« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2007, 06:32:16 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
anyone wanna gimme a synopsis of whats been learned so far? Offering 7 TP's for an at-length summary.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2007, 09:54:20 AM »

Offline Scott

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
Trailer 2 is now available for those who are interested.  It was updated on the Nov 19th.
http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/11808/

« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2007, 03:59:50 PM »

Offline tallpaul

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
I'm willing to go on record right now and say this will (deservedly) go down as one of the worst movies ever made. You can tell just from the trailers and the fact that more thought and energy has obviously gone into the marketing than the "film" itself.

I know this won't stop anybody from being attracted to this - like moths to a bright light - but if you are actually getting excited about this drivel, do yourself a favor and go see "Lars and the Real Girl". It might just open up a world of self-exploration - go ahead, take the journey!

http://www.larsandtherealgirl-themovie.com/

« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2008, 05:03:19 PM »

Offline Scott

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
I was just wondering if any one has seen this yet.  Does it come close to meeting all the hype surrounding its release?  I wanted to go but I am pretty much tied up all weekend. 

« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2008, 05:22:39 PM »

Offline Mean Gerald Green

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 212
  • Cool Runnings
My brother sent this to me awhile ago, thought it summed up the whole idea...

http://www.fandango.com/cloverfield_v413038/summary

I'm gonna check it out sometime next week. I've heard good and bad reviews...some people liked it a lot and thought it was a unique experience, and some people said worst movie ever made.

Also if you dont want to waste your time and just read the entire plot and ending -

http://themoviespoiler.com/Spoilers/cloverfield.html
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 08:33:18 PM by Mean Gerald Green »

« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2008, 11:58:54 PM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
Unfortunately, I just came back from Cloverfield.  Didn't like it at all.  Not the worst movie I've ever seen, but definitely not a good movie.  The whole thing is done in the Blair Witch perspective, with the view through the entire movie being that of someone holding a camcorder, so if you suffer from motion sickness, this might not be the movie for you.

I really had no idea what I was in store for going in, my buddies were going so I went along with them.  You're kind of interested throughout to see what unfolds, but never really that interested.  For me there was never any moments that had me on the edge of my seat, nor any moments that made me jump.  After the movie ended, most of the movie theater booed.  Again not the worst movie I ever saw, but not a good one.  On a scale of 1 to 10, I give it a 3.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2008, 12:30:30 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
My brother sent this to me awhile ago, thought it summed up the whole idea...

http://www.fandango.com/cloverfield_v413038/summary

I'm gonna check it out sometime next week. I've heard good and bad reviews...some people liked it a lot and thought it was a unique experience, and some people said worst movie ever made.

Also if you want to your time and just read the entire plot and ending -

http://themoviespoiler.com/Spoilers/cloverfield.html
I watched it opening night.

Anyone who says it was the worst movie they have ever seen should never be listened to again because they have either not seen many movies or exaggerate their reviews to the degree of being nonsense.

I thought the movie was amazing. I am not much of an action movie fan, but this was really well done. It had humor that actually felt realistic in moments where you wouldn't expect it. The tension in the move was great. I also like they way they avoided monster overload. If you liked Signs and War of the Worlds (the on with Cruise), than this should entertain you. Like those movies, it focuses more on the people than the monster.

There isn't much detail to the story, which makes sense since the normal convoluted story arcs wouldn't fit the concept and would clash with the whole hand held camera gimmick. I liked the fact that I didn't care about the characters -- it's realistic. Most people really aren't that endearing, especially a bunch of Soho hipsters.

I wish I could have seen the movie without seeing any previews. It would be cool to have no idea what it was about.

If people have problems with non-steady cam video, than don't watch it. If Blair Witch made you dizzy, you can't handle this movie.

I'm not sure what people who booed in the post below expected from the movie. This is clearly a movie that will polarize people, like Moulin Rouge. Some will love it, some will hate it, and the line won't be drawn along critics and the masses (like with, for example, garbage like AVP or the Saw series).

Ultimately, you need to ask someone who has similar movie tastes to yours what they felt. If you thought 300 (crap) was a good movie, I am not the guy to listen to. I'm more of a limited release movie fan than a blockbuster fan.

« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2008, 01:11:50 AM »

Offline Mean Gerald Green

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 212
  • Cool Runnings
I ended up seeing it tonight and thought it was pretty weak. People booed in my theatre as well, and someone actually threw something at the screen. The ending did not go over well. I didn't think it was the worst I'd seen, but I won't be buying it.

If you want to check out a real movie I'd suggest 'No Country for Old Men' or 'There Will Be Blood'.

« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2008, 01:41:04 AM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
I thought the movie was amazing. I am not much of an action movie fan, but this was really well done. It had humor that actually felt realistic in moments where you wouldn't expect it. The tension in the move was great.
We definitely weren't watching the same movie.  Although I did think the line about the flaming homless guy was funny.

I'm not sure what people who booed in the post below expected from the movie. This is clearly a movie that will polarize people, like Moulin Rouge. Some will love it, some will hate it, and the line won't be drawn along critics and the masses (like with, for example, garbage like AVP or the Saw series).

Don't act like people didn't boo in your movie theater too. ;D

Ultimately, you need to ask someone who has similar movie tastes to yours what they felt. If you thought 300 (crap) was a good movie, I am not the guy to listen to. I'm more of a limited release movie fan than a blockbuster fan.

guava_wrench and I definitely have different tastes in movies.  I liked 300!  ;)

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class