Author Topic: Isaiah Thomas Appreciation Thread  (Read 2095 times)

Isaiah Thomas Appreciation Thread
« on: November 29, 2016, 08:54:55 PM »

Offline The_Truth

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 28

It really surprises me that no one has created this post yet. But, after reading all your topics, the lack of love for our only Superstar is pretty sad and decided to create it myself

So don't hesitate to show love to the little guy  some praise in the comments below.

#IT4 #realkilla #allstar16 #thelittleguy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYTmaJvqNI4

Re: Isaiah Thomas Appreciation Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 09:07:22 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Not me, I LOVE Isaiah Thomas. Even created a FanPost appreciating what IT has done for us and what he continues to do:

http://www.celticsblog.com/2016/10/29/13465874/i-feel-like-people-underestimate-its-influence-here-in-boston

I hope Ainge extends IT. It does baffle me that people want IT gone in a trade, because they think Rozier and Smart can "easily" replace IT's production (and I just laugh at them). These people complaining about IT's deficiencies would be the exact same ones whining about our offense when IT is gone.. Even when he is "silent" he can put up 20+, which helps the C's a ton.

And "sell IT when his value is high". LOL yeah, no way Lilliard or Westbrook are coming back in an IT deal, AND it would cost a ton more to get them (Brooklyn Picks, Bradley/Crowder, etc.), but armchair GMs here think it's possible so..

No, IT isn't a superstar who can win us a championship, BUT the goal should be to build around IT, Horford, Crowder, Brown, etc., NOT dealing away Isaiah Thomas in the "hopes" someone better comes along or develops. He is DEFINITELY a key piece on a championship team, whether as the #3 piece or the "ideal 6th man off the bench". (Ask yourselves, is Isaiah Thomas worse than Kevin Love, the #3 piece on the Cavaliers team right now?).
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 09:10:07 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
it was IT's play that thrust us back to relevance in the league.

Thanks for that.

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2016, 09:10:46 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
God bless IT

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2016, 09:26:57 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Isaiah Thomas is averaging 26.0 PPG (9th best in the LEAGUE).

Seriously.. what more do you people want? Harden plays ZERO defense. Scrub?

Again, thank you IT, hope you stay long term and play a crucial role in our championship runs soon!

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2016, 09:43:50 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Here's to hoping IT explodes soon, and has a 50+ game, or two or three 40+ games near each other. His shooting has been below his usual output lately...

I think IT gets to the rim better than 99% of anyone in the league. Only guys attacking of the dribble who are equal threats is Westbrook, Harden, LeBron, Durant.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2016, 10:03:06 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
IT is a brilliant player, and they'd be nuts not to re-sign him for 3 times what they're paying Zeller. 

The only concern is little guys like him who go to the basket tend to get hurt. Iverson comes to mind.  IT will crash at least a couple of times every game going to the basket, and you hold your breath when he gets up.

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2016, 11:39:01 PM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • "Just do what you do best" - Red Auerbach
He's scoring 26 ppg which is more than the majority of players in this league at any position so he is definitely a positive while on the court. We have an interesting 6 game stretch coming up before we square off against the Thunder next Sunday so he'll get to test his game against, in my opinion, the front runner for MVP this season so far. The games in between that won't be easy, but Thomas has more ppg than players like LeBron, Irving, and Wade so he's got more than just the potential to give Russell a good game. Drake voice: We gon' see...
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2016, 12:08:23 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
IT is a brilliant player, and they'd be nuts not to re-sign him for 3 times what they're paying Zeller. 

The only concern is little guys like him who go to the basket tend to get hurt. Iverson comes to mind.  IT will crash at least a couple of times every game going to the basket, and you hold your breath when he gets up.
The good thing is that IT works on his body.  He's a solid little guy.  Iverson never worked on his body.

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2016, 10:59:00 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
No IT, no W today (as ugly as that game was).

EXTEND HIM AINGE!

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2016, 11:00:43 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
We are in 3rd place in the East as of tonight! Love IT!

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2016, 11:08:58 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
IT is killing it

I hope he can get to the line this often in the playoffs

That's the only thing that really worries me
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2016, 11:18:49 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
I hope he doesn't demand max money, given his defensive deficiencies. And if he really wants to win, he'll need to take a discount.

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2016, 02:15:42 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
I hope he doesn't demand max money, given his defensive deficiencies. And if he really wants to win, he'll need to take a discount.

No he won't need to take a discount to win. He will need some sort of disaster in Oakland and Cleveland.

He is getting the max. Nothing surer.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2016, 02:28:35 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

No he won't need to take a discount to win. He will need some sort of disaster in Oakland and Cleveland.

He is getting the max. Nothing surer.

from who? legit wondering...most teams in the NBA already have their franchise point guard. those that dont, likely will look to the draft or other young talent to find their franchise point guard.

besides...we always worry about giving Isaiah a max contract because of how small he is and how much he depends on his speed to be successful. well, other teams aren't blind. they see the same things we see, and they'll be equally worried about his progression as he gets into his 30s. if there's no one willing to give him a max contract, then he has nothing to do but be forced to take a lesser amount of money.

teams have always doubted Isaiah. many still doubt Isaiah today. and i can guarantee you that in 2 years, teams will still be doubting Isaiah. he's not getting a max contract. i can (almost) guarantee it
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about