Author Topic: Magic and Celtics trade idea - Gordon/Hezonja  (Read 14302 times)

Re: Magic and Celtics trade idea - Gordon/Hezonja
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2016, 05:27:17 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
I do not see much of a difference in terms of value between Aaron Gordon and Marcus Smart.

I'd love to see Ainge target A.Gordon. I think A.Gordon would be a very good fit on this roster and has Draymond Green-like potential as a small ball quick footed PF.

The Brooklyn pick feels like too large a premium but I would be happy to trade Rozier + Memphis pick for Aaron Gordon. Or something else along those lines. Something to the equivalent of a late lotto pick.

The difference in my mind is that Smart has shown at least one NBA skill that will earn him a role in the league as a bench player for a long time. He is a very good defender and versatile enough to cover multiple positions. What has Gordon really shown he can perform at an elite level in the league thus far? Anyone remember Stromile Swift?

« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2016, 05:35:25 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Hezonja is not well liked by the new coach either... 6'8 very athletic good shooting sg... He is still young

You guys get too attached... As much as i like rozier... Cmon its rozier ... He can be replaced...(jackson is comparable in many ways)

The magic are starting augustin.... Rozier would help... Payton is like a lost cause... 

« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2016, 05:52:12 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Hezonja is not well liked by the new coach either... 6'8 very athletic good shooting sg... He is still young

I do like Hezonja. He has positional size, is athletic, and has a vast skillset.

« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2016, 06:10:18 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

I do like Hezonja. He has positional size, is athletic, and has a vast skillset.

Nice 17 game performance vs the Cavs last month... now is benched
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeWBndXoIS0

« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2016, 06:26:21 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I do not see much of a difference in terms of value between Aaron Gordon and Marcus Smart.

I'd love to see Ainge target A.Gordon. I think A.Gordon would be a very good fit on this roster and has Draymond Green-like potential as a small ball quick footed PF.

The Brooklyn pick feels like too large a premium but I would be happy to trade Rozier + Memphis pick for Aaron Gordon. Or something else along those lines. Something to the equivalent of a late lotto pick.

The difference in my mind is that Smart has shown at least one NBA skill that will earn him a role in the league as a bench player for a long time. He is a very good defender and versatile enough to cover multiple positions. What has Gordon really shown he can perform at an elite level in the league thus far? Anyone remember Stromile Swift?

The same as Smart = high level defense and versatile 1-4 defensively

« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2016, 06:27:44 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Gordon was a perfectly good prospect when he was drafted but his value has diminished significantly since. No way would I trade Jaylen Brown for him right now.  It is amazing that he is only 21 (Gordon that is) so he still has time but so far he has not done anything particularly well at the NBA level except run and jump.  That is the same for Brown so far but the difference is what 137 games to 17 games?

And Hezonja, isn't he a younger, shorter, worse shooting version of Jonas Jerebko?

This seems like a silly debate.  Neither of these guys helps us.
In regards to Gordon's diminished value.  His value has diminished in the same way Marcus Smart's has... which is to say, even though both show a lack of progress in year 3 there's still a lot of time left in this season for them to make a leap.  I haven't given up on either.   Especially no Gordon... he only played half his rookie season and just turned 21 a couple months ago.  While Smart was considered "NBA-Ready", Gordon was widely seen as a project.  There's still time before we get a sense of what Gordon will be long-term.  I still see him as a superior prospect to Jaylen... but we'll see how both develop.

« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2016, 06:29:43 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Smart's value has most likely increased since last year.

« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2016, 06:34:20 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Smart's value has most likely increased since last year.

agreed

« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2016, 06:34:55 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

I don't watch the magic much because they are trainwreck, but I really haven't heard Gordon is an elite defensively on any national coverage.

« Reply #69 on: November 29, 2016, 07:00:01 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

I don't watch the magic much because they are trainwreck, but I really haven't heard Gordon is an elite defensively on any national coverage.
He's not.  Too small for big guys and not great against small guys.  But he's very athletic, a good guy(I think), and needs something to hang his hat on, so people have talked about his defensive potential.

« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2016, 07:22:43 PM »

Offline MikeJelly

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24
Do we have to include Wilcox? Otherwise I am VERY on board

« Reply #71 on: November 30, 2016, 02:28:06 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Gordon was a perfectly good prospect when he was drafted but his value has diminished significantly since. No way would I trade Jaylen Brown for him right now.  It is amazing that he is only 21 (Gordon that is) so he still has time but so far he has not done anything particularly well at the NBA level except run and jump.  That is the same for Brown so far but the difference is what 137 games to 17 games?

And Hezonja, isn't he a younger, shorter, worse shooting version of Jonas Jerebko?

This seems like a silly debate.  Neither of these guys helps us.
In regards to Gordon's diminished value.  His value has diminished in the same way Marcus Smart's has... which is to say, even though both show a lack of progress in year 3 there's still a lot of time left in this season for them to make a leap.  I haven't given up on either.   Especially no Gordon... he only played half his rookie season and just turned 21 a couple months ago.  While Smart was considered "NBA-Ready", Gordon was widely seen as a project.  There's still time before we get a sense of what Gordon will be long-term.  I still see him as a superior prospect to Jaylen... but we'll see how both develop.
I like Gordon and Smart for what they do but Smart'a value is so much more it's not even funny. There are probably 20 teams that would love to have Smart. While maybe 5 would want Gordon. Gordon has a long ways to go.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 02:40:20 AM by Csfan1984 »

« Reply #72 on: November 30, 2016, 04:07:36 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I still think Gordon should have won the slam dunk title.

« Reply #73 on: November 30, 2016, 07:45:21 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Gordon is a versatile explosive defender.

« Reply #74 on: November 30, 2016, 08:09:34 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
Who the hell are Hezonja and Wilcox ?? You really guys write every thought that crosses your mind. I don't see that as a quality on this forum.

Mario Hezonja was the 5th overall pick in last year's draft.  I can get not knowing who CJ Wilcox is, but you should know who Hezonja is

I was just sarcastic. Of course I know. I'm coming from the same country just as Hez. But if you were watching Hez last season, especially this one, he sucks, man. I don't care about his talent and his overall pick no. I just don't see what can he bring to our team to make us better, when he can't do it in Orlando, which is worse team at the moment.
Talking abput development, there are manny other teams where he could develope his talent, just not Boston right now. I don't think we are rebuilding team any more.