Author Topic: Magic and Celtics trade idea - Gordon/Hezonja  (Read 14305 times)

Re: Magic and Celtics trade idea - Gordon/Hezonja
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2016, 04:23:28 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Are we all still in agreement that Aaron Gordon is a better prospect than Jaylen brown James Young despite his cold start ?
I fixed the question for you. Answer is yes in that case.
Yes, in that case. No, as originally proposed and didn't head that comparison previously LarBrd.

« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2016, 04:29:16 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
Are we all still in agreement that Aaron Gordon is a better prospect than Jaylen brown James Young despite his cold start ?
Yes, in that case. No, as originally proposed and didn't head that comparison previously LarBrd.

Yes I think most people have Gordon as a better prospect than Young but it is certainly getting closer. Ironically Gordon is having a season pretty similar to Smart's "historically bad performance" from the field. 37% from field, 28% from field, 58% from foul line. Woof.

Crazy Stat of the day Smart averages almost as many rebounds a game as Gordon!

« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2016, 04:36:14 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Gordon is still a better prospect than Jaylen

« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2016, 04:38:09 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
There's a reason why the Magic suck. Most of their young players are not great players.

Who would have given a plug nickel for Avery Bradley in his second or even third year in the league?  What would Boston look like if we replaced IT, Avery and Jae with Smart, Rozier and Jaylen?  I agree that some of those players have been overhyped but I'd say the main problem with Orlando this year is that they added two veterans in Biyombo and Ibaka who are playing exactly like the bench scrub big and mid-level power forward they are.

Mike

« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2016, 04:39:26 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321

I disagree, Mortal Kombat is a very good game, but I think Donkey Kong is the best game ever.

« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2016, 04:41:47 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

LOL. I really hope nobody take's the bait on this nonsense. Come up with some better material LB it is getting pretty old.

« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2016, 04:42:30 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

I disagree, Mortal Kombat is a very good game, but I think Donkey Kong is the best game ever.

I prefer NBA2K18 TO NBA2K16, but not NBA2K17.

« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2016, 04:45:45 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932

DONKEY KONG SUCKS!

« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2016, 04:48:47 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932

I mean, I'd rather have Gordon because he fits a need a bit better, but I think they're pretty much the exact same prospect - hyper athletic swings/wings with major two-way potential who can't shoot.

« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2016, 04:53:39 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

I mean, I'd rather have Gordon because he fits a need a bit better, but I think they're pretty much the exact same prospect - hyper athletic swings/wings with major two-way potential who can't shoot.

Gordon is in his 3rd season though and his rebounding and shooting have both regressed. Jaylen is a few years younger than Gordon. If he stays the same shooting the next few years fine, maybe they will both be what they are. Would certainly rather the younger guy that has a few more years of development.

Ironically, this is the exact same logic LB uses when saying why he prefers Murray to Hield. The constant saying everyone is a better prospect is really lame. I don't really understand the point of it other than I guess to try and annoy people.

Disappointing to see it keep happening non-stop.

« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2016, 04:57:38 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
Gordon was a perfectly good prospect when he was drafted but his value has diminished significantly since.  No way would I trade Jaylen Brown for him right now.  It is amazing that he is only 21 (Gordon that is) so he still has time but so far he has not done anything particularly well at the NBA level except run and jump.  That is the same for Brown so far but the difference is what 137 games to 17 games?

And Hezonja, isn't he a younger, shorter, worse shooting version of Jonas Jerebko?

This seems like a silly debate.  Neither of these guys helps us.

« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2016, 05:08:20 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Aaron Gordon is playing more minutes at SF this year and very few at PF. That is why his rebounding numbers are down.

« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2016, 05:12:13 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Aaron Gordon is playing more minutes at SF this year and very few at PF. That is why his rebounding numbers are down.

I am assuming that is why his foul shooting, 3 point percentage and overall fg% all well down while his turnovers increased? What a crazy switch!

« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2016, 05:14:04 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith

I am assuming that is why his foul shooting, 3 point percentage and overall fg% all well down while his turnovers increased? What a crazy switch!

Yes, I expect his shooting numbers & turnovers would improve at PF. Gordon is better at attacking slower PFs than quicker SFs who are better defending on the perimeter + there is more overall spacing in the offense at PF than SF.

It truly is a stupid switch. Especially with a non-shooter like E.Payton at PG. There is nowhere near enough spacing. They are making terrible use of their young players. Pairing them with the wrong veterans -- should have gone after a SF who can shoot (say Nic Batum) instead of a PF/C like Ibaka. Biyombo was a head-scratcher with Vucevic already there.

The chemistry (on-court chemistry) is absolutely terrible on that Magic team. Most of their players would improve just by getting off that team and being put in a situation where there talents are properly utilized.

« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2016, 05:21:36 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
I do not see much of a difference in terms of value between Aaron Gordon and Marcus Smart.

I'd love to see Ainge target A.Gordon. I think A.Gordon would be a very good fit on this roster and has Draymond Green-like potential as a small ball quick footed PF.

The Brooklyn pick feels like too large a premium but I would be happy to trade Rozier + Memphis pick for Aaron Gordon. Or something else along those lines. Something to the equivalent of a late lotto pick.