Author Topic: Magic and Celtics trade idea - Gordon/Hezonja  (Read 14289 times)

Re: Magic and Celtics trade idea - Gordon/Hezonja
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2016, 10:23:33 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
To Magic:  Rozier, Young, Amir, 2018 Nets pick, 2019 Celts 1st
To Celtics: Gordon, Hezonja, Wilcox

Celtics lineup

Horford
Gordon
Crowder
AB
IT

KO
Jerebko
Brown
Hezonja
Smart

I'll give you a TP for simply not having Mickey in the rotation. You've made strides in finally realizing he's awful.

Gordon isn't quite the garbage Mickey is, but I take pause in trading for a natural PF, without size, trapped in a SF's body, but can't shoot. The way he's developed, or lack thereof, makes me think his future is as an energy bench guy on a playoff team.

I will admit Mickey is bad when you admit your boy Bender is a bust

It's way too early to call Bender a bust.  He's bad now, but he was always viewed as a long term prospect, so being bad now doesn't make him a bust

That's be like calling Bradley a bust after just a couple of months

Exactly. He just turned 19 a week ago and was expected to struggle initially. Whoever thought he would make an immediate impact was simply delusional.

Your delusional then to say Mickey is a bust already

He has had very little opportunity with the parent team

He's had limited opportunity because he's not a good player. Stevens sees Mickey in practice all the time, and him not receiving playing time should tell you all you need to know. Unless of course you believe you know more than Stevens.

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2016, 10:37:06 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Celtics lineup

Horford
Gordon
Crowder
AB
IT

KO
Jerebko
Brown
Hezonja
Smart

I'll give you a TP for simply not having Mickey in the rotation. You've made strides in finally realizing he's awful.

Gordon isn't quite the garbage Mickey is, but I take pause in trading for a natural PF, without size, trapped in a SF's body, but can't shoot. The way he's developed, or lack thereof, makes me think his future is as an energy bench guy on a playoff team.

It's way too early to call Bender a bust.  He's bad now, but he was always viewed as a long term prospect, so being bad now doesn't make him a bust

Exactly. He just turned 19 a week ago and was expected to struggle initially. Whoever thought he would make an immediate impact was simply delusional.

He's had limited opportunity because he's not a good player. Stevens sees Mickey in practice all the time, and him not receiving playing time should tell you all you need to know. Unless of course you believe you know more than Stevens.

Ainge has stated that Mickey, Young are in tough situations because there are players ahead of them... Due to experience, salary etc.

Also i dont trust stevens in handling min for young players... His overplaying David Lee last season even though he stinked is proof

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2016, 10:47:04 AM »

Offline CroCorvus

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
Who the hell are Hezonja and Wilcox ?? You really guys write every thought that crosses your mind. I don't see that as a quality on this forum.

This.

One day we package our BKN picks for Boogie and the other day we are giving them for Aaron Gordon.

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2016, 10:48:17 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Who the hell are Hezonja and Wilcox ?? You really guys write every thought that crosses your mind. I don't see that as a quality on this forum.

This.

One day we package our BKN picks for Boogie and the other day we are giving them for Aaron Gordon.

Well it would be the 2018 nets 1st not 2017

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2016, 10:49:30 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Celtics lineup

Horford
Gordon
Crowder
AB
IT

KO
Jerebko
Brown
Hezonja
Smart
with Gordon's lack of development, you could probably get him straight up for Rozier at this point.

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2016, 10:56:18 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Celtics lineup

Horford
Gordon
Crowder
AB
IT

KO
Jerebko
Brown
Hezonja
Smart

Ainge has stated that Mickey, Young are in tough situations because there are players ahead of them... Due to experience, salary etc.

Also i dont trust stevens in handling min for young players... His overplaying David Lee last season even though he stinked is proof
That doesn't apply to Rozier?  Mickey and Young don't play because they aren't good enough to play.  It really is that simple. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2016, 10:57:16 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Celtics lineup

Horford
Gordon
Crowder
AB
IT

KO
Jerebko
Brown
Hezonja
Smart

This isn't accurate. Gerald Wallace, Keith Bogans, and David Lee are examples of players that rotted on the bench here. Stevens plays the players that give us the best chance at winning. It's why young and cheap Pressey would get playing time and a guy like Mickey can't.

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2016, 11:01:37 AM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Celtics lineup

Horford
Gordon
Crowder
AB
IT

KO
Jerebko
Brown
Hezonja
Smart

That doesn't apply to Rozier?  Mickey and Young don't play because they aren't good enough to play.  It really is that simple.

Oh please, what players on rookie contracts (besides Marcus Smart, Jaylen Brown, Terry Rozier, Kelly Olynyk, Jared Sullinger, and Tyler Zeller [edit: Phil Pressey and Jordan Crawford, too]) have gotten big minutes on a Stevens-coached team? It's clear that Brad just hates young guys, not that Young and Mickey aren't good enough to be rotation players in the NBA
I'm bitter.

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2016, 11:04:49 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Major overpay for players that do not fit the current push to compete now. 

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2016, 11:21:06 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Two top 5 pick players and for the package its an overpay?  Its the nets 2018 pick ....

« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2016, 11:23:35 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

Two top 5 pick players and for the package its an overpay?  Its the nets 2018 pick ....

Yes.  Major overpay for guys that do not make the Celtics a better contender this season.

Major overpay for two guys that have not lived up to their drafted position. 

Major overpay when there is little hope for a turnaround for the nets in the next two years. 

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2016, 11:29:02 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Delete

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2016, 11:31:20 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Yes.  Major overpay for guys that do not make the Celtics a better contender this season.

Major overpay when there is little hope for a turnaround for the nets in the next two years.

Fall in love with the draft syndrome

And how do we know the 2018 pick/player t, even top 10 will amount to anything?

If Gordon and Hezonja were at peak we would have to give up a ton... It goes both ways

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2016, 11:33:09 AM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

If Gordon and Hezonja were at peak we would have to give up a ton... It goes both ways

We don't.  We do, however, know that Gordon and Hezonja haven't
I'm bitter.

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2016, 11:37:18 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

We don't.  We do, however, know that Gordon and Hezonja haven't

Yes true.. on the lowly magic team... On a solid team like the Celts I bet Gordon game looks better